1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

1949 Bantam Military Trailer TC3 Build for SALE

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by Matjamie, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Oct 24, 2013 at 7:54 PM
    Matjamie

Matjamie [OP] Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma Baja White 6 speed
    I have a really cool trailer for sale, it is a titled 1949 Bantam Trailer TC3 Fully Loaded and fixed for use on long travel or overland trips, hunting, fishing and more. It comes with too much and it is ready to use. I was planning on taking it down the Baja but because kids school we end up cancelling trip:( We Took it max 3 or 4 times out to wyoming and around Colorado. Did great even with gust winds (Specially the Tent) you will stay dry and warm inside this CVT Systems and it only takes 10 min to set up.
    Sleeps 4 to 6 on the top and the same number of persons on the side room if you do not use it as kitchen like we did.
    I wasn't planning on selling it but just found out we are expecting another baby. . . and from now until the time we'll use it again it will be a while, we have a toddler and a 7 year old so it is took cold for them now. Plus we can always use the cash for a nice trip...on airplane! I DO NOT "NEED" TO SELL IT, so no lower balls.
    As far as Price . . . Look at what the build is and what it comes included WITH OUT LABOR/SHIPPING, do your research. So just think about labor for this job. . . although I am not an expert on some fields I am pretty handy, and I know the work I did. Plus the accessories really added up too, you have from shower, to propane to survival and rescue items on this, so with a good supply of food you can get lost for a while!

Trailer: I purchased from a guy that had it stored for a while, all the old military trailers like this that I had seeing had the floor all gone or was on parts due to rust, this one is decent no rust just some uneven areas but nothing major at all also the entire trailer had no rust damage, great structure, and build to last.
    I paint it myself with lots of spray cans and adding the best treatment for rust underside and above, The paint is not professional but looks ok...to me.
    I add a 3500Lbs. Axle (no brakes) so it can match with my 6 on 5.5 wheel vehicle.
    I had to remove the old Axle because it was the only thing I couldn't fix from when I bought it.
    As well the tires and wheels
    Instead it has 3 tacoma wheels 2 matching and 1 spare. With 265/70 R16 tires the two on trailer are brand new, the spare is a great spare.
    I undercoat the bottom with a liner type spray, also I replace the entire wiring to add a 7 pin connector like my truck.
    It has a gate on the back witch I lock so the whole trailer get's locked.
    I am selling the whole thing as ONE!
    Next is the cage. It locks and it comes with the support for the RTT or Roof Top Tent, the awning and the fishing rod holder. It opens as a double sided doors.
    I will like, if I don't sell it and keep it, to make a custom "weather proof tarp" that can surround the trailer sides to make it completely weather proof, but even with out it, the metal expandable net on the sides helps lots with snow/mud/rain! No dust thought.
    I made it my self so I know it is super strong, and it ads lots of space into the trailer. (A friend of mine said it could fit up to 4 large elk inside properly prepare :)
    The height of the cage with out the RTT is 32 inches from top of trailer, It is great for off road but I won't take "rock climbing" unless you remove the top since the weight of RTT is 180 lbs. Plus Cage and such. It can only take 30 -- 40 degrees inclination with out tipping over. (never happened to me but, I did a forklift test and it did it at almost 3 - 4 foot tall from the ground on one side so it can sure take good side height).
    Next is the RTT and awning system from CVT.
    I have sleep in there with my family only 3 - 4 trips. It can accommodate 4-6 persons and it comes with a "varanda" that you can easy have the dogs and more. It is called Mtn. Rainier (you can look at it at CVT's website here http://www.cascadiatents.com/index.php?m=94&s=594&c=&id=117) I also purchase the 90' awning with the walls and the mosquito net, my wife like to use this space as a kitchen but if you turn it into sleeping space it can accommodate 4 -- 6 easy. All enclosed and with a heavy duty zip up plastic as the floor, so no snakes can get it! Great Space and you can set up the whole thing in 10 - 20 min.
    The accessories that comes with:
    A new set pair of maxtrax
    Set of two Military Grade Gasoline Cans (jerry cans)
    Gas Thank Base plate from Baja Rack
    40L Front Runner Water Tank with base
    Sunflo Water pump with filter a quick connector gardena hose kit
    Axe and shovel for off road use (small and compact + heavy duty) with mount base
    Battery system with 2 LED lights one at front and one on back, also the pump has a switch here, and it has a 12V connector for your iphone plus the battery recharges when you connect it to a 7 way connector and the vehicle is driven, the trailer lights and system fits into a tool box located at front on trailer tong. new lights/cables/battery/tool box/supplies/tong jack and back stability posts (I use Etrailer online to get the whole thing)
    It comes with a 80" fishing rod holder front lab rack. (the axe is also from them)
    Trasharoo Bag
    Roof Net
    Second Level made of a metal diamond plated sheet almost ¾ thick. (you can put anything in there)
    It comes with a lock & Roll system for a 2" receiver ( the trailer side is welded and reinforced with
    3 bolts).
    If you have any questions let me know, I put as much info for you to see and investigate online about what you are getting some of those items are BRAND NEW other that 3-4 times of use. If you where to get the roof top tent you'll have to wait at least 2 months before having it. right now you can go hunting tomorrow with this trailer system.
    I am Selling it for Priced Drop at $6500 All the items parts are new or almost new.
    I WILL DEAL ONLY IN COLORADO.
    Mateo 970-492-5802.

trailer1.jpg
    trailer2.jpg
    tent.jpg
    accesories.jpg
    trailer.jpg

Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  2. Oct 24, 2013 at 8:02 PM
    BuzzardsGottaEat

BuzzardsGottaEat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Some Toyotas
    Round tires
    GLWS bump. Wish I lived in CO to come look at it. This thing is sweet.

3. Oct 24, 2013 at 10:38 PM
    BradyT88

BradyT88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Damn man! That trailer is awesome! I wish I had the money to buy it right now:pout:

GLWS!

4. Oct 28, 2013 at 9:06 PM
    Salt

Salt ...

Member:
    Lyons, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    12' DCORSB TRD
    SnugTop XV with yakima rack. Factory Cab roof rack. Full bedrug. Debadged. Full OME suspention kit, 866's & Dakars. SPC UCA's. Slee Sliders. ARB front bumper w/ M8000 Warn winch. FJ TRD Wheels. Cooper ST Maxx, 255/85r16
    Wow, very cool. I saw this on CL last week.

Good luck finding the right customer, he's/she's out there somewhere.

Cheers,

Salt

5. Oct 29, 2013 at 10:18 AM
    NYCO

NYCO go explore...

Member:
    First Name:
    bOb
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Blue Betty - '06 TRD OR
    dents & scratches
  6. Oct 29, 2013 at 5:53 PM
    Matjamie

Matjamie [OP] Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Thanks NYCO! I appreciated.
    I am pretty new to all of this forum stuff:)

7. Oct 29, 2013 at 8:12 PM
    Box Rocket

Box Rocket Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Syracuse, Utah
    Vehicle:
    1995 FZJ80 Land Cruiser
    3xLocked, lifted, well used
    UFC Cage Match!!!

8. Oct 31, 2013 at 8:54 PM
    Matjamie

Matjamie [OP] Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Hey guys! I will be posting more and better pics this weekend, meanwhile PRICE DROP to $6500.

9. Oct 31, 2013 at 8:59 PM
    RAT PRODUCTS

RAT PRODUCTS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Farmington, MN
    Vehicle:
    Cummins Coal Roller
    Smokin with a smarty.
    Awesome setup you have here. If there was a generator welder inside this would be the bee's knees.

10. Oct 31, 2013 at 9:08 PM
    ToyotaKTMracing

ToyotaKTMracing The Blue Warrior

Member:
    First Name:
    Shay
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2008 DCSB Ink 4WD Auto
    285 BFG ATs, Custom dual exhaust system, 4" total lift (adjustable billies with 885 coils in front and AALs with 1" block in rear), interior LED lighting, LED reverse lights, LED license plate lights, fog light anytime mod, JVC KW-R500 stereo, 20" okledlightbars.com LED light bar, coverking seat covers
    Oh.. My.. Goodness.. :drool:

11. Nov 4, 2013 at 7:47 AM
    DreamMachine

DreamMachine Active Member

Member:
  12. Nov 16, 2013 at 10:58 AM
    robu

robu Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob1224
    Cottonwood, AZ
    Vehicle:
    TRD sport debadged
    kings front and rear 3" expedition deaver pack 700lbs in front. lighted 4x4 switch and fixed temp console
    any more pictures?

Products Discussed in

To Top