1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need 2nd gen bucket seats

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by SPCL, May 6, 2009.

1. May 6, 2009 at 1:34 AM
    SPCL

SPCL [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2020 2.7L 4x4 AC
    Looking to replace my god-awful bench w/ buckets. Starting to get shooting pains in my neck when I drive more than half an hour from it.

Anyone in the Dallas/Fort Worth area (or somewhere drivable within reason) have any they'd be willing to sell?

Failing that, anyone know of any junk yards in the D/FW area that might have some?

2. May 6, 2009 at 12:43 PM
    SPCL

SPCL [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2020 2.7L 4x4 AC
    Been searching all day locally here... Found a pair off an '07, but the top of the cab had been cut off and they were horribly mildewed, salvage yard still wanted $200 for them (yeah right!!!!), and another place in Dallas wanted $340 for a pair.

Am I crazy to think that I can find a set at a junkyard for under $100? :confused: I mean, they're freakin' cloth seats. :eek:

3. May 6, 2009 at 2:36 PM
    oldtacomaguy

oldtacomaguy four forty four

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SE Conn.
    Vehicle:
    08 SR-5 4WD Impulse Red Pearl
    Alpine deck and amp, Polk speakers front and rear, Kenwood subwoofer, windows tinted to 20%, Sockmonkey decals, TSB, Eibach springs and Bilstein 5100's
    I really don't think you'll find them for under $100. Maybe $250 for a set of clean ones? I bought some for a first gen on E-bay a few years ago, I think they were about 220. Good luck.

4. May 6, 2009 at 3:07 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Yeah.... you'll never get them cheap.

$200 is nothing for a set of seats. Grab 'em while you can!! Or else if you wait too long, they'll be gone. When I did my 96 ....I had a hell-of-a-time even finding a set in the color I wanted. I paid something like $250 8 years ago.

5. May 7, 2009 at 3:30 PM
    devilsalmostfree

devilsalmostfree Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Carl
    Loudon, Tn
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma 4X4, 5 spd, 2.7 ltr
    Deck plate mod, intake silencer removed, AFE Pro Dry S Air Filter, debadged, Goodyear Duratracs 265/75R16. Flowmaster knock-off muffler!
    http://www.barbersauto.net/ try that link, its a big junk yard in alabama, maybe u could find some there, & have them shipped if its at a decent price!

6. Dec 9, 2010 at 8:58 AM
    tacoman68

tacoman68 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Rio rancho nm
    Vehicle:
    4X4 08 Tacoma with ENGAGE long travel
    O8 Tacoma with Engage long travel front and rear 2.5/12 with resi and 2.0 bump stops up front with engine cage have bed cage with king 2.5/16 with resi and 61.5 deavers and 13in. Shackles with 2.0 bumps as for engine have douge thorny headers cold air intake and short shifter installed in tranny have racing seats with 4 point harness full alpine sound system
    Hey my seats are in good shape the are grey I'm pulling them out in a couple of weeks I'll sale them to you

Products Discussed in

To Top