Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Camelback Toyota Parts

Notices

vibration when start to move

Old 04-27-2012, 02:37 PM   #1
tacomatato is on a distinguished road
tacomatato's Tacoma Gallery
vibration when start to move

I own tacoma 2005 with 76k miles that is starting to vibrate when it starts moving. The mechanic said that I would need to replace the shaft drive. Does anyone have any idea of what it could be? or has had the same issue? where can I find the shaft drive?
Old 04-30-2012, 07:06 AM   #2
Jorge@CBTParts is one of the sharper tools in the shedJorge@CBTParts is one of the sharper tools in the shedJorge@CBTParts is one of the sharper tools in the shedJorge@CBTParts is one of the sharper tools in the shedJorge@CBTParts is one of the sharper tools in the shedJorge@CBTParts is one of the sharper tools in the shedJorge@CBTParts is one of the sharper tools in the shedJorge@CBTParts is one of the sharper tools in the shedJorge@CBTParts is one of the sharper tools in the shedJorge@CBTParts is one of the sharper tools in the shedJorge@CBTParts is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jorge
Jorge@CBTParts's Tacoma Gallery
Can you PM your VIN? Did your mechanic actually inspect the vehicle or was this something that he suggested without looking at it?
Old 04-30-2012, 07:12 AM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
What dealership did you take it to? Some of the Toyota dealerships up here are 'less qualified' than others. There's on in Acton that has a very good reputation.

When you get the vibration, is it just when you slowly start to roll off the line? Does it happen only under hard acceleration or does it vibrate when softly accelerating as well? Does it go away at speed? Any stray noises?

I doubt it's your drive shaft that's defective... It's most likely a drive line component, either a bad u-joint, carrier bearing or even a worn out leaf pack causing axle wrap but I doubt the drive shaft is the problem for a slow speed vibration.