Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > CameronTech

Notices

Building a digital inclinometer

View Poll Results: What display color do you prefer?
White on black 27 23.48%
Yellow on blue 1 0.87%
Red on black 38 33.04%
Black on green 8 6.96%
OLED Blue on black 37 32.17%
OLED Yellow on black 4 3.48%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-18-2013, 06:49 PM   #22
drunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Sage
drunktaco's Tacoma Gallery
I'm just going to chill here for a bit
Old 09-18-2013, 06:50 PM   #23
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
NEW IPHONE APP HAS ONE BUILT IN WITH COMPASS
Old 09-19-2013, 05:05 AM   #24
KB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant future
Name: Chad
KB Voodoo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannikin View Post
Think I'll have any takers?
I have absolutely no practical use for this.......but if you sell them......

Old 09-19-2013, 08:40 AM   #26
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
NEW IPHONE APP HAS ONE BUILT IN WITH COMPASS
Pretty cool but too bad only one angle displayed
Old 09-19-2013, 08:52 AM   #27
...'cause I...am Shauncho
Shauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Shauncho's Tacoma Gallery
I'd buy one!
Old 09-20-2013, 10:11 AM   #29
Cannikin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannikin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannikin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannikin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannikin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannikin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannikin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannikin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannikin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannikin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannikin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rob
Cannikin's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for all the responses guys! Looks like I'll have to start making these available! Right now I've got an outstanding order for a custom circuit board for converting 12v to 5v and 3.3v for both the LCD display and the accelerometer on board. Once I confirm that those work I'm going to order a bunch:

Can I get your feedback on possible package options?

Unassembled components, DIY version
This will be the raw boards and loose components that the owner will have to solder him/herself. The most work, but also the cheapest. Soldering skills required (there are plenty of tutorials on the web). Cost: $

Assembled
This one comes preassembled (which means I'll do the soldering on my end). However it's still just a raw circuit board without any kind of container so the owner will need to figure out some way to mount it. Cost: $$

Self-contained
The most "complete" version: assembled board in some kind of enclosure. Just hook up 12v from the truck and stick it somewhere and you're done. Zero end-user work required (other than getting 12v from somewhere). There's also the possibility of getting it battery powered (9v) so you won't even need to pull any wires from anywhere. Cost: $$$

I've got some other options in mind like providing a custom enclosure for the sunglasses holder in the roof console (my preferred location). But one thing at a time.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:16 AM   #30
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GSM1
Name: Chris
nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Assembled
This one comes preassembled (which means I'll do the soldering on my end). However it's still just a raw circuit board without any kind of container so the owner will need to figure out some way to mount it. Cost: $$

Self-contained
The most "complete" version: assembled board in some kind of enclosure. Just hook up 12v from the truck and stick it somewhere and you're done. Zero end-user work required (other than getting 12v from somewhere). There's also the possibility of getting it battery powered (9v) so you won't even need to pull any wires from anywhere. Cost: $$$

One of these options is very appealing...
Old 09-20-2013, 10:24 AM   #32
obscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud of
obscurotron's Tacoma Gallery
Any option is good with me. Given a choice among them, a pile of parts is fine. I can solder them together easily enough, and coming up with an enclosure is sort of a personal touch, anyway. I've actually got some old drive sled carriers from old Xserves that would make a good start for enclosures. Bonus is that the color scheme tends to match the interior Tacoma color scheme.

Hell, I'd even volunteer to put some of your kits together for folks that want to save a few bucks, but aren't comfortable with the soldering aspect.

Quote:
Thanks for all the responses guys! Looks like I'll have to start making these available! Right now I've got an outstanding order for a custom circuit board for converting 12v to 5v and 3.3v for both the LCD display and the accelerometer on board. Once I confirm that those work I'm going to order a bunch:

This will be the raw boards and loose components that the owner will have to solder him/herself. The most work, but also the cheapest. Soldering skills required (there are plenty of tutorials on the web). Cost: $

Assembled

Self-contained

I've got some other options in mind like providing a custom enclosure for the sunglasses holder in the roof console (my preferred location). But one thing at a time.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:25 AM   #33
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-20-2013, 10:26 AM   #34
obscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud of
obscurotron's Tacoma Gallery
BTW, is your LCD dimmable?

Quote:

Assembled

Self-contained

Old 09-20-2013, 12:02 PM   #37
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Self contained
this...

most customers are going to want something easy to mount and without dicking with it too much... (IMHO)

Products Discussed in this Thread