Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

Anyone on here from Kelowna??

Old 02-18-2013, 05:16 PM   #321
Roubra has a spectacular aura aboutRoubra has a spectacular aura about
Roubra's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the info, I will check that kelowna place out.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:35 PM   #322
RyanK1 is just really niceRyanK1 is just really niceRyanK1 is just really niceRyanK1 is just really niceRyanK1 is just really nice

Name: Ryan
RyanK1's Tacoma Gallery
Are we gonna do whipsaw this year. I'm itching for something. Maybe Nickel Plate, my brother was up there last year and said the trails are great. Anyone else have any ideas for an overnighter or two.
Old 03-02-2013, 04:05 AM   #323
Toyoda
VA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shedVA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shedVA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shedVA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shedVA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shedVA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shedVA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shedVA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shedVA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shedVA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shedVA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
VA7FQT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanK1 View Post
Are we gonna do whipsaw this year. I'm itching for something. Maybe Nickel Plate, my brother was up there last year and said the trails are great. Anyone else have any ideas for an overnighter or two.
Keep an eye on the Canada page, and the Vancouver page. We did one last year in August, it was amazing! I plan on going this year for sure!
Old 03-02-2013, 10:09 AM   #324
RyanK1 is just really niceRyanK1 is just really niceRyanK1 is just really niceRyanK1 is just really niceRyanK1 is just really nice

Name: Ryan
RyanK1's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome, I will keep an eye out. Going stir crazy waiting for the snow to bugger off. I've been taking drives up Carmi to see how the snow is.Still a ways away up there.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:43 PM   #325
Geem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant future

Name: Brandon
Geem750's Tacoma Gallery
also interested in doing whipsaw, just got my toytec 3inch lift installed, though i think my mechanic fucked up and didnt adjust my front struts :S
Old 03-05-2013, 02:00 PM   #326
K^J is on a distinguished road
Name: Kevin
K^J's Tacoma Gallery
WhipSaw - I'm interested as well. I'll keep an eye on this post for a date. Is it a day thing or an overnighter from K-town? June has longer days, best time to go, no snow.

KJ
Old 03-05-2013, 02:49 PM   #327
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by K^J View Post
WhipSaw - I'm interested as well. I'll keep an eye on this post for a date. Is it a day thing or an overnighter from K-town? June has longer days, best time to go, no snow.

KJ
Late July-Aug is the best time to do Whipsaw as there isnt 4' of snow. Definitely an overnighter but can be down in one day
Old 03-15-2013, 09:47 PM   #328
vduballstar is on a distinguished road
vduballstar's Tacoma Gallery
I'm thinking I want a little more bass in my tunes... anyone here build their own sub box for a double cab or where in town is a good place to talk to
Old 03-16-2013, 04:04 PM   #330
Toyoda
VA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shedVA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shedVA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shedVA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shedVA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shedVA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shedVA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shedVA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shedVA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shedVA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shedVA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
VA7FQT's Tacoma Gallery
There's been a lot of talk on the bc4runner page about a whipsaw run. We're probably going for a 2 nighter, more time to explore. There will be a post going up in June for all the details.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:29 AM   #331
Damn dirty Swede
EricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric Sven
EricTheRed's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Kelowna folks! I'll be in town for a while and was wondering if anyone was interested in swapping out their sliding rear window for my solid one (2nd gen). Seems like a lot of the American guys prefer the solid rear window but I'm not having much luck finding some fellow Canadians that want to make the switch. Just thought I'd test the waters out here seeing as I'm frequently in the area!

Shoot me a PM if interested.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:51 AM   #332
anethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: J
anethema's Tacoma Gallery
Why would the solid be preferred?
Old 03-24-2013, 10:10 AM   #333
Geem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant future

Geem750's Tacoma Gallery
i saw my first tacoma with a solid rear window, i hadn't even realized you could get them like that. it looks slick but i wouldnt get it unless it could be rolled down like the titans. My dog likes to stick his head through there when hes in the bed.

Old 03-24-2013, 01:17 PM   #335
Damn dirty Swede
EricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric Sven
EricTheRed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by anethema View Post
Why would the solid be preferred?
Honestly...beats the hell outta me! I've found a number of threads on various forums about people swapping their sliders for solids...but they were all in the US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geem750 View Post
i saw my first tacoma with a solid rear window, i hadn't even realized you could get them like that. it looks slick but i wouldnt get it unless it could be rolled down like the titans. My dog likes to stick his head through there when hes in the bed.
...and that's exactly why I want one!
That's an awesome lookin' pooch too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VE7OSR View Post
I don't know of anyone that would do a trade, but there is one for sale locally.
http://classifieds.castanet.net/deta...acoma/1450920/
Nice! Thanks man!
Old 03-25-2013, 08:15 AM   #336
anethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Haha you guys need some sun! But shiiiit that dog is cute. Mine rides in the back seat. I have an 08 so it folds down to a flat surface then I put his bed there. I should try the box this summer though. Where I live now up north, he'd freeze to death in the winter in the back at -35 haha.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:19 PM   #337

Geem750's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by anethema View Post
Haha you guys need some sun! But shiiiit that dog is cute. Mine rides in the back seat. I have an 08 so it folds down to a flat surface then I put his bed there. I should try the box this summer though. Where I live now up north, he'd freeze to death in the winter in the back at -35 haha.

Thanks, he gets the compliments too often. He even dominates my facebook page when there's a picture of him

I didnt realize the rear 08+ seats folded down to a proper flat surface. now i have another reason for wanting a new model!
Old 03-26-2013, 10:48 AM   #338

Actually it is the 2008 and EARLIER access cab models that the back folds down for a flat surface. Dont think the double cabs have changed. 09+ access cabs got a change (for the worse IMO) to their back seats. Less functional anyways.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:06 PM   #340
vduballstar is on a distinguished road
vduballstar's Tacoma Gallery
Vinyl Wrap Hood

Now that the sun is out I remember one thing I hate about having the hood scoop... the sun hitting the hood scoop and blinding me. For those who have done it how much did it cost to get the hood vinyl wrapped and where in town is the best place?

Also anyone plasti dip their rims? How did it turn out and would you recommend it?

Cheers