1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Roussel Toyota, NB - Bad Dealership Experience

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Highlander60, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Nov 9, 2010 at 11:51 AM
    Highlander60

Highlander60 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nova Scotia
    Vehicle:
    '10 Silver TRD
    Had a really bad experience at Roussel Toyota in Mirimachi the past week. Tried to deal on a truck they had on the internet and the sale of my existing truck did not go as planned. I had made a deposit of $500.00 on their truck subject to my selling my truck as planned, which fell through at the price originally agreed. Roussel Toyota then refused to refund my deposit, after only holding the truck 2 days. Pretty bad customer relations in my mind. I had not signed anything or even seen their truck yet, but I guess that's how they deal with customers in Mirimachi. Fred Roussel was then arrogant and smug with me on the phone when he finally did get back to me. I plan on contacting the BBB in NB, Visa, and Toyota Regional Customer Service. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Nov 9, 2010 at 3:48 PM
    Cogge89

Cogge89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Saint John, NB
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD, Kicker ZX400.1 Amp, Kicker CVT 10" Sub. Light Racing UCAs, Front OME Shocks with 885x Coils, Rear OME Shocks with Dakar Leaf Pack, Engine Cover Paint Job, 265/70/17 Duratracs.
    wow... That is extremely lame. I've never heard tell of something like that. I know at the Saint John, NB dealership they told me up front if i changed my mind, i would get my full deposit back. However, I do refuse to buy there again, but that's a long story lol. Good luck, hope you get it resolved.

3. Nov 9, 2010 at 3:52 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    Never, EVER hand them a check until you have an ITEMIZED buyer's agreement signed by the sales manager.

Once you have that document in hand, you can easily drag them to small claims court to get your money back, and they know it. They won't give you any trouble if something goes wrong.

4. Nov 15, 2010 at 7:11 AM
    Toymudder

Toymudder New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    NB
    I actually live in Miramichi. I own Toyota's and would not deal with them, rather go to Bathurst or Moncton. Guess when you are rich you can do what you want. Too bad there is not a dealer rater on this site. Sorry to hear you got ripped off, but lesson learned.

5. Nov 15, 2010 at 7:18 AM
    scottri

scottri Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Tigard Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '10 Sport DC TRD Sport PreRunner
    Cover King Seat Covers, WeatherTech Liners, PopNLock, storage bin locks, N-Fab Step bars, and G4 Elite Tonneau cover.
    I would never, ever give the dealer a check for anything except final payment.

6. Nov 15, 2010 at 7:58 AM
    90YotaPU

90YotaPU The Messiah

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Union County, NJ
    Vehicle:
    1990 Toyota 4x4 (Pre-Taco)
    Aftermarket Stereo, Spidertrax Wheel Spacers, HF Air Horns, 3" Lift
    x2. I always figure it'll still be there when I go back. If not, it wasn't meant to be and I'll find another one.

7. Nov 15, 2010 at 12:58 PM
    Highlander60

Member:
    Nova Scotia
    Vehicle:
    '10 Silver TRD
    Thanks for the comments and advice. I am waiting to hear back from the Toyota rep for Eastern Canada so I will update on here when I do. I still have faith in the toyota system and will always drive one.

8. Nov 15, 2010 at 1:02 PM
    hookedontronics

hookedontronics Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    Icon extended travel 3.5" front coilovers, DSM UCAs, TSB leaf pack w/ wheelers AAL, All Pro U-bolt flip kit, Walker Evans 2.0 rear shocks, 18" XD Monster rims, Nitto trail grappler 285/65R18 Tires, Color matched grill, Grillcraft, Kragen HIDs, Carling switches, my bed light mod, diff drop, Alpine IVA-W505, JL Audio C5 componets and coaxials, JL 300/4 and 250/1 amps and JL stealthbox, wheathertechs, avs vent visors, toyota bed x-tender, alcantara center console cover and door pocket covers, console vault, color matched mirrors, heated mirrors, etc etc etc
    I must ask, How do you leave a $500 deposit without signing anything?

9. Nov 15, 2010 at 4:27 PM
    Highlander60

Member:
    Nova Scotia
    Vehicle:
    '10 Silver TRD
    I had not seen the truck, was only described it over the phone but they wanted a deposit on it if they were going to hold it until I saw it. I put the deposit on it with some conditions but I guess my conditions really did not mean anything to them. I am hoping Toyota Canada will intervene since I have been a loyal toyota customer for over 25 years.

10. Nov 18, 2010 at 9:26 AM
    Armyvet1955

Armyvet1955 New Member

Member:
    NB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport
    I belong to the legion in Miramichi, so I plan on letting them all know how Roussel Toyota like to treat combat veterans. Don't give up, you are in the right and they are just a greedy dealer without any values or morales.

11. Nov 18, 2010 at 2:39 PM
    Highlander60

Member:
    Nova Scotia
    Vehicle:
    '10 Silver TRD
    Many thanks for your support. I just can't believe they have the right to keep $500.00 for holding a truck for 2 days until I was able to see it. Especially when I had clearly made some verbal conditions to it they accepted. Perhaps they will not be so rude to me when I drop in to visit them soon.

12. Nov 19, 2010 at 12:44 PM
    tacomamonster1

tacomamonster1 New Member

Member:
    i have purchase 3 truck from those guys, nothing but good service, so when i read your treat the other day, it got me a little comfuse. so i went to see fred, the used car manager, he told me the COMPLETE story, i guess like a honor medal, the story have 2 side, he showd me the email, between the salespersone and you. the salespersone did indeed tell you that the deposit was not refundable a multiple time and that the only reason that they were actualy taking one is because of a different TIRE that you wanted.... also you mention that you deal on your vehicle didn't go as planed, why would that be roussel toyota problem.... they also told me that indeed the customer that was going to buy your vehicle did indeed buy it.... maybe you should look in the mirror before complaining on a site like this, i do get my information before buying a car, and this information will give me false information...... i am sorry that you have to loose your deposit, but if you knew the cost, you may be to blame a little also....

cheer.

13. Nov 19, 2010 at 1:07 PM
    Highlander60

Member:
    Nova Scotia
    Vehicle:
    '10 Silver TRD
    Nice First post MonsterTacoma, I see you just signed up. I also know that you are Mr Roussel and have come here to lie. I offered to buy the tires you bought at your cost but you would rather keep my money. Now go back to ripping off customers over the internet. See you soon as I plan on visiting the Mir soon.

14. Nov 19, 2010 at 1:16 PM
    tacomamonster1

tacomamonster1 New Member

Member:
    don't know why you call me mr roussel. figure that the dealership i service with should maybe get a chance to defend itself. i also think that if you were telling to COMPLETE story, ( I have seen the email between you and the salesperson) i an don't think the dealership didn't anything wrong. they did tell you your option and you decided to go ahead..... just want to make shur they know both side.... i did have some isue before at some points with the dealer (late oil change... and so on) but nothing as far as steeling someone.

15. Nov 19, 2010 at 2:11 PM
    Highlander60

Member:
    Nova Scotia
    Vehicle:
    '10 Silver TRD
    So if you are not Mr Roussel then why are they sharing personal customer information with the general public. As for all the details I would be happy to post the full report from the Better Business Bureau.

16. Nov 19, 2010 at 4:56 PM
    less than zer0

less than zer0 Ancient Astronaut Theorist

Member:
    First Name:
    < 0
    NWA
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB TRD Sport 4x4
  17. Nov 20, 2010 at 8:19 AM
    HoosierTacoma08

HoosierTacoma08 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    New Castle, Indiana
    Vehicle:
    08 Taco TRD 4x4
    886's, HD Dakar's, Bestop, BHLM, BFG AT's, Grill Craft, More Junk...
    I'm just waiting for highlander2003 to sign up here and try to discredit you like he did on TN. :D

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=362789

Just brush off their crap man, you got your truck that's what matters! :cool:

18. Nov 20, 2010 at 9:29 AM
    Highlander60

Member:
    Nova Scotia
    Vehicle:
    '10 Silver TRD
    Very true, thank you. I am hoping that I can put this behind me soon. Mr Roussel did call me today and we have agreed to meet in person to find a resolution to this matter. I plan on leaving it at that to see what he proposes. I have dealt with Afghan warlords so I am hopefull I can resolve this.
    Cheers

19. Nov 20, 2010 at 1:21 PM
    squad314

squad314 Thinks he's Steve McQueen

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Into the mystic....(foggy Saint John, NB)
    Vehicle:
    2018 TrD Sport Upgrade
    "Hello Kitty" steering wheel cover.
    Sorry this situation happened Man, but I'm glad you got your new truck and may be on your way to getting your deposit back. Enjoy the new ride and check out the "NB meet" thread in the Canada section.

Thanks for what you've done in the 'Stan too Brother.

20. Nov 20, 2010 at 2:44 PM
    Highlander60

Member:
    Nova Scotia
    Vehicle:
    '10 Silver TRD
    Thank you Mr Brown. Nice truck BTW. Mine is Pyrite Mica but white is aweful nice also.

Products Discussed in

To Top