Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

Hamilton Fire Chief

Old 02-12-2011, 05:01 PM   #1
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
Hamilton Fire Chief

Anyone here from Hamilton? The Chief of my Department, Robert Simonds has just accepted the Chief's posistion there starting March 14th. It was a shock to the 200 members of our job and he will be missed. As our Chief of 7 years he has fostered excellent relations with the local and done his best to keep the Wolves at bay as far as cuts are concerned. Currently holding the title of President of the Canadian Association of Fire Chiefs he is respected and highly regarded across the country in the Fire industry. I worked with him when he was a Fireman and wish him well in his new job but the selfish part of me wishes it wasn't happening.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:19 AM   #2
"Really, how hard can it be?" Jeremy Clarkson
elwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Neal
elwood's Tacoma Gallery
My brother lives in burlington which is a suburb north of hamilton. All one big town really but the people there like to say which part.
Why would the guy leave now? Better pension or family in the area? It is quite expensive there with the proximity to TO.
I wish the guy luck anyways.
Cheers
Old 03-13-2011, 09:41 AM   #3
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
Neal, my understanding is that the salary increase is significant and the Department size is over double ours. He is also able to roll his current pension earnings into the new job as well. I think these factors plus a generous moving allowance and the desire for challenge all played a part.