1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hamilton Fire Chief

Discussion in 'Canada' started by squad314, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Feb 12, 2011 at 5:01 PM
    squad314

squad314 [OP] Thinks he's Steve McQueen

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Into the mystic....(foggy Saint John, NB)
    Vehicle:
    2018 TrD Sport Upgrade
    "Hello Kitty" steering wheel cover.
    Anyone here from Hamilton? The Chief of my Department, Robert Simonds has just accepted the Chief's posistion there starting March 14th. It was a shock to the 200 members of our job and he will be missed. As our Chief of 7 years he has fostered excellent relations with the local and done his best to keep the Wolves at bay as far as cuts are concerned. Currently holding the title of President of the Canadian Association of Fire Chiefs he is respected and highly regarded across the country in the Fire industry. I worked with him when he was a Fireman and wish him well in his new job but the selfish part of me wishes it wasn't happening.

2. Mar 13, 2011 at 7:19 AM
    elwood

elwood "Really, how hard can it be?" Jeremy Clarkson

Member:
    First Name:
    Neal
    ont, canada
    Vehicle:
    2007 SR5 4x4 LB
    K/N cold air intake, leer cap, running boards, nose gaurd,E brake control, mud flap cut, suspension tsb, Rear diff breather mod,Factory Fog lights, Factory front diff cover
    My brother lives in burlington which is a suburb north of hamilton. All one big town really but the people there like to say which part.
    Why would the guy leave now? Better pension or family in the area? It is quite expensive there with the proximity to TO.
    I wish the guy luck anyways.
    Cheers

3. Mar 13, 2011 at 9:41 AM
    squad314

squad314 [OP] Thinks he's Steve McQueen

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Into the mystic....(foggy Saint John, NB)
    Vehicle:
    2018 TrD Sport Upgrade
    "Hello Kitty" steering wheel cover.
    Neal, my understanding is that the salary increase is significant and the Department size is over double ours. He is also able to roll his current pension earnings into the new job as well. I think these factors plus a generous moving allowance and the desire for challenge all played a part.

Products Discussed in

To Top