Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

Accessories in canada?

Old 03-11-2011, 08:30 AM   #1
tombiosis is on a distinguished road

Name: T
tombiosis's Tacoma Gallery
Accessories in canada?

So, I've been researching buying a few things for my truck, and I figured by buying in canada I would be saving a few $ and helping out our economy...I found a website called Sundowner Truck accessories...called em up looking for some sliders. The guy on the phone, who has run the store for 30 plus years, has never heard of Rock Sliders! I can't understand how this could be? Why don't we have anybody making or selling these locally? seems strange I had to order bilsteins (made in germany) from DownSouth...what is wrong with this friggin country? doesn't anyone off road here! You would think. given our topography, that we would have MORE Offroad shops than anywhere!
anyways, does anyone know where to buy sliders, or N-Fab steps in the Great white north?
sheeesh
Old 03-11-2011, 08:40 AM   #2
redz80 is a splendid one to beholdredz80 is a splendid one to beholdredz80 is a splendid one to beholdredz80 is a splendid one to beholdredz80 is a splendid one to beholdredz80 is a splendid one to beholdredz80 is a splendid one to beholdredz80 is a splendid one to behold

redz80's Tacoma Gallery
in most cases it is cheaper to order from the states especaly now with the dollar higher than par. I saved about a hundred bucks on my tonneau cover ordering it from the states than through my father-inlaw he was way more expensive and he realy likes me......lol
Old 04-18-2011, 10:13 AM   #4
EricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
EricGagne's Tacoma Gallery
N-Fab's web site lists a dealer in Cowansville, Qc.

DBP Performance
398 Rivieres
Cowansville,Qc
J2K 1N3
450-263-6803

About ordering from the USA, I don't agree on any savings there. Most dealers will only ship through UPS and with their insane brokerage fees you don't save a penny.

It's only interesting if you can have it delivered near a border, go pick it up and import it yourself.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:30 AM   #5
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimDigg View Post
Agreed
Old 04-18-2011, 10:53 AM   #6
Canadian member
tacomian devil is a jewel in the roughtacomian devil is a jewel in the roughtacomian devil is a jewel in the roughtacomian devil is a jewel in the rough

tacomian devil's Tacoma Gallery
I posted the same question a couple years ago when our dollar was worth about $0.70, but since then I have pretty much given up on buying Canadian, eh?

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/can...sessories.html

The only place north of 49 that the good folks of TW have directed me to and that I have found anything I have wanted is:

http://www.diversionperformance.ca/

RYAN is very good to work with, and can usually GET whatever you want, its just the price that he (then you) get bilked on.

For Southern Alberta residents, these guys will receive and hold your package for pickup. They base their charge on weight/size ($5-$30).

http://attheborderstorage.com/Sweetg...l_Storage.html

If you haven`t already found a similar place near you, maybe you can find one.

We need a Auto Anything Canadian, eh!
Old 04-18-2011, 10:56 AM   #7
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Internet.

Frank
Old 11-05-2012, 10:45 AM   #8
Canadian member
tacomian devil is a jewel in the roughtacomian devil is a jewel in the roughtacomian devil is a jewel in the roughtacomian devil is a jewel in the rough

tacomian devil's Tacoma Gallery
Extra D-Rings for Tacoma box

Extra D rings -

If you live in Canada, and you want to install extra D rings in your Tacoma box to tie down your toys or whatever, as an alternative to the BILKING of $35+ from Toyota, some resourceful gents on TW found some at DODGE that work well.

http://www.mopar.com/part/05104500AA?s=266545&i=1646473&b=dodge

If you happen to live in Lethbridge, AB, Jerry at Lethbridge Dodge orders them for next day and sells them for $5.50 each. Thanks TW!
Old 11-05-2012, 11:03 AM   #9
CalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shayne
CalgaryRider's Tacoma Gallery
There are a few places in Canada to get parts, but the bulk are in Alberta and BC.

i.e. National 4WD, North Shore offroad, The Gear Shop, Canadian Overland, Modern Motors, its all about the research if you want to get something in Canada.

Most of the stuff is manufactured in the US and shipped up, so you can either pay US prices + shipping, or Cdn prices + middleman fees.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:18 PM   #10
RockNRolla is on a distinguished road
RockNRolla's Tacoma Gallery
From my perspective behind the parts counter on this end of things, we miss out on a lot in Canada. But we can still get a bulk of the same stuff, at close to similar prices. N-fab being an easy one for me. Maybe its a western provinces thing though.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:21 PM   #11
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockNRolla View Post
From my perspective behind the parts counter on this end of things, we miss out on a lot in Canada. But we can still get a bulk of the same stuff, at close to similar prices. N-fab being an easy one for me. Maybe its a western provinces thing though.
Where you at ?
Old 11-06-2012, 09:22 AM   #12
RockNRolla is on a distinguished road
RockNRolla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Where you at ?
Geographically? Campbell River .. Employed? An independent auto parts jobber, affiliated with NAPA.
You're in the Gulf islands I believe, right? Similar company to JB Group (Salt Spring Auto), but we're better.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:24 AM   #13

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockNRolla View Post
Geographically? Campbell River .. Employed? An independent auto parts jobber, affiliated with NAPA.
You're in the Gulf islands I believe, right? Similar company to JB Group (Salt Spring Auto), but we're better.
Nice
Old 01-06-2013, 10:41 PM   #14
Renegade User
Cruisin Off Road is one of the sharper tools in the shedCruisin Off Road is one of the sharper tools in the shedCruisin Off Road is one of the sharper tools in the shedCruisin Off Road is one of the sharper tools in the shedCruisin Off Road is one of the sharper tools in the shedCruisin Off Road is one of the sharper tools in the shedCruisin Off Road is one of the sharper tools in the shedCruisin Off Road is one of the sharper tools in the shedCruisin Off Road is one of the sharper tools in the shedCruisin Off Road is one of the sharper tools in the shedCruisin Off Road is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
Cruisin Off Road's Tacoma Gallery
I know what sliders are, and I build them.

www.cruisinoffroad.com

I operate a 4x4 shop in Chilliwack, BC. Building armour for Tacomas and Land Cruiers, as well as selling Ironman 4x4 accessories including lifts, recovery gear and camping accessories.

My pricing is competitive with the stuff coming from the US (I have to be!), and you don't have to deal with the border.

You can see some of my work in the Taco Armour in Canada thread, and check out my Facebook Page

I don't have a lot of Taco stuff on my website just yet, I'm new to this market, but I am aiming to be the Canadian "go to guy" for armour and accessories.