Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

Okanagan Meet!

Old 05-31-2011, 07:59 PM   #41
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanK1 View Post
Oh actually just thought about something. I saw a post on here last week about a trail in the valley somewhere, I think in the Kelowna area. There was a video of some VW vans tackling it, looked like alot of fun, not sure about camping. Anyone know the one Im talking about?
Yes! i saw that video too. It was a couple of old westfalia vans with tiny wheels going through some rough terrain. ill check the video sections.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:08 PM   #42
Resident MMA Fanatic
SlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SlimDigg's Tacoma Gallery
Those videos were from my original Okanagan meet thread.

The Trail is called Whipsaw. It is not in Kelowna.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlI4e...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQRf-...layer_embedded
Old 05-31-2011, 09:16 PM   #45
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thats where i saw it! We should do that trail. Looks great
Old 05-31-2011, 09:25 PM   #46
Drunk Canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimDigg View Post
This doesn't interest me:

Bah! We could find a way around it. There's always a way.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:20 AM   #47
anethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: J
anethema's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sure most of us have winches to get our way out
Old 06-01-2011, 02:23 PM   #48
Resident MMA Fanatic
SlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Driving easy-moderate trails, camping, having a good time, not getting into danger = good time

Wrecking my daily driver in the middle of nowhere on top of a mountain on my first ever off road trip with a bunch of strangers = bad time

I'm just being honest.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:35 PM   #49
Drunk Canadian

Quote:
Driving easy-moderate trails, camping, having a good time, not getting into danger = good time

Wrecking my daily driver in the middle of nowhere on top of a mountain on my first ever off road trip with a bunch of strangers = bad time

I'm just being honest.
I think your underestimating your truck Nah, i know what you mean. It takes a bit of time to get comfortable off-roading but there will be lots of us and we wont go anywhere if were not all confident. Im sure you'll get comfortable within the first hour. Any other suggestions for trails?
Old 06-01-2011, 07:19 PM   #50
RyanK1 is just really niceRyanK1 is just really niceRyanK1 is just really niceRyanK1 is just really niceRyanK1 is just really nice

Name: Ryan
RyanK1's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks SlimDigg for finding the video, it does look like one hell of a good time, but maybe your right, a little too much for a camping trip. Hmmm.... we still need to find a trail then.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:06 PM   #51
Hummingbird
Foihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Danny
Foihdzas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I'm just being honest.

Who you callin' strange?!

My truck is completely stock with the shitty tires, and no winch. So, I'll be playing it safe myself. I love whieelin', but she's my daily too, and good tires make all the difference.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:29 AM   #52
anethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: J
anethema's Tacoma Gallery
Ya good tires are def a bonus. Even some ATs. Don't necessarily need MTs.

Well I'll have a winch if anyone DOES get stuck in a weird spot!
Old 06-02-2011, 07:48 AM   #53
Resident MMA Fanatic

Just want to make sure we are on the same page is all

Should we just a pick a lake with various roads/trails around it? I have a backroad map book that could help with that.

I can't really do TOO much driving if we are out in the bush, fuel will be a factor
Old 06-02-2011, 09:05 AM   #54
Drunk Canadian

Quote:
I can't really do TOO much driving if we are out in the bush, fuel will be a factor
Jerry Cans?
Old 06-02-2011, 12:51 PM   #55
Resident MMA Fanatic

I am definitely not trail ready haha I would have to invest in a few choice items.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:33 PM   #56
Drunk Canadian

Ya ive been working on getting trail ready. Just got my hi-lift! Now i need to secure it to my canopy rack along with finding a spare to go up there. Also will be stocking up on tools and recovery equipment. Ill make up a list of things we should probly have.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:24 PM   #57
Resident MMA Fanatic

well if you have the tools, i wont need to worry about it will I?

Here's the list

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...gear-list.html
Old 06-02-2011, 04:43 PM   #58
RyanK1 is just really niceRyanK1 is just really niceRyanK1 is just really niceRyanK1 is just really niceRyanK1 is just really nice

Name: Ryan
RyanK1's Tacoma Gallery
I'll be bringing my own set of tools as well, come-along, jerry cans and a small 12v compressor if need be. Between all us, we will be more than prepared.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:52 PM   #59
96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

96Taco's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd. Interested, but dependent on work and driving 7 hours from calgary..
Old 06-02-2011, 06:47 PM   #60
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
well I'm out if it's in June, I've got too much going on with work right now.

I'd like to set up a hunting weekend when the season opens.