Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

Okanagan Meet!

Old 05-16-2011, 09:11 PM   #1
Hummingbird
Foihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Danny
Foihdzas's Tacoma Gallery
Okanagan Meet!

:edit: <Sorry guys Slimdigg already posted an 'okanagan meet' thread, I will try to not step on slim's toes>

Hey guys, I was talking to the guys on the "Anyone on here from kelowna?" thread. We were thinking of meeting sometime in August.

I have proposed a possible date of friday the 12th to sunday the 14th of August.

Open to suggestions on where we should go, but ultimately somewhere in the Okanagan Valley/surrounding area would be preferable. (to me)

Lets get a meet going here and please throw down your thoughts as to where we should go, and what days are best for you so that we can accommodate as many people as we can!

Also, what kind of camping do we want to do and how do we want to get there? forest service roads or off road adventure?

Thanks for the input, talk to you soon.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:19 PM   #2
anethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: J
anethema's Tacoma Gallery
Think that is for last year, should keep the 2011 stuff here to separate them.

I'd be up for some kind of meet I think. I know several lakes around but most of the places I visit wont take a large group.

Have never been serious into offroad so don't know any trails at all so would love to follow on this one, hopefully someone knows their way around!
Old 05-16-2011, 11:07 PM   #3
Resident MMA Fanatic
SlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SlimDigg's Tacoma Gallery
Don't worry bro, i'm not offended, make as many threads as you like
Old 05-16-2011, 11:43 PM   #5
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
deer lake behind summerland is a gem! nice trip out there too.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:04 PM   #6
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
August sounds great for me. That will give me time to upgrade the suspension Anyone know some trails that might be online somewhere?
Old 05-18-2011, 08:28 PM   #7
RyanK1 is just really niceRyanK1 is just really niceRyanK1 is just really niceRyanK1 is just really niceRyanK1 is just really nice

Name: Ryan
RyanK1's Tacoma Gallery
Aug 12-14 works good for me too. I think that we should find a nice basecamp and set things up there, and then spend the rest of the time running some trails.
That way we arent going to be hauling around camping gear/campers, etc...
A lake would be nice, at least that way after the day is done, we can kick back, throw some line in the water and catch some dinner, and maybe a little buzz
Old 05-18-2011, 08:34 PM   #8
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
well I won't be able to do the 12-13-14 because of work, I can only really go on sunday because of work.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:38 PM   #9
Toyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brady
Toyota Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanK1 View Post
Aug 12-14 works good for me too. I think that we should find a nice basecamp and set things up there, and then spend the rest of the time running some trails.
That way we arent going to be hauling around camping gear/campers, etc...
A lake would be nice, at least that way after the day is done, we can kick back, throw some line in the water and catch some dinner, and maybe a little buzz
perfect
Old 05-18-2011, 11:17 PM   #10
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

August 12-14 works for me too. Sounds like we could get a nice crew.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:45 PM   #11
Hummingbird
Foihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rab89 View Post
well I won't be able to do the 12-13-14 because of work, I can only really go on sunday because of work.

You should be <cough><cough> 'sick' that weekend!
Old 05-19-2011, 09:46 PM   #12
Hummingbird

I'm up for finding a base camp also, since packing up camp every morning is a drag. Although I still have the stock tires on.... <fml> so my offroading is limited to semi steep terrain.... Until i get the bfg's!
Old 05-19-2011, 09:48 PM   #13
Hummingbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota Tacoma View Post
12th to 14th works great for me, would you guys want to set up camp somewhere and go for trail runs each day or camp along the way?

I'v got some friends who know there way around so I'll ask them if they have any recommendations for any medium/easy difficulty trails and cool places to camp within the valley.

Also is it an open invite for friends?

The more the merrier! I may be bringing a black sheep ... My bud's got a jeep he loves to beat to fukc, and he's gettin new tires in a couple of weeks, he'll want to wreck some shit... if it starts .. rofl!
Old 05-23-2011, 06:34 PM   #14
RyanK1 is just really niceRyanK1 is just really niceRyanK1 is just really niceRyanK1 is just really niceRyanK1 is just really nice

Name: Ryan
RyanK1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foihdzas View Post
The more the merrier! I may be bringing a black sheep ... My bud's got a jeep he loves to beat to fukc, and he's gettin new tires in a couple of weeks, he'll want to wreck some shit... if it starts .. rofl!
Absoutley! I've got a friend with a zuki, Im sure he would love to come along as well.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:36 PM   #15
Hummingbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by rab89 View Post

What weekend would work for you? 12-14 isnt set in stone.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:57 AM   #16
tanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Tanner
tanzak88's Tacoma Gallery
Im totally down for making a trip down from Kamloops for this. I just have to know the exact date(s) before the 15th of the month prior, for my work schedule. I'm gonna have to get some suspension work done first though. Sliders would be good too.

If someone can, pm me with where you got your lift, and sliders if you have em. I don't feel like driving to Washington to get my gear again. Last time was a nightmare.
Old 05-24-2011, 11:10 PM   #17
Toyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brady
Toyota Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanzak88 View Post
Im totally down for making a trip down from Kamloops for this. I just have to know the exact date(s) before the 15th of the month prior, for my work schedule. I'm gonna have to get some suspension work done first though. Sliders would be good too.

If someone can, pm me with where you got your lift, and sliders if you have em. I don't feel like driving to Washington to get my gear again. Last time was a nightmare.
I get all my work done through a guy who has a little shop called Youngun customs, he specializes in Toyotas. He does the work for cheap too.

Real good guy and I would highly recommend him to anyone. His number is 250-801-0411, Tyson.

Edit: He can also order any parts/accessories.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:05 AM   #18
Resident MMA Fanatic
SlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SlimDigg's Tacoma Gallery
I used Baja North in Kamloops. Craigs ordered my 881's and icon aal. Great dude!

http://www.bajanorth.ca/
Old 05-26-2011, 07:55 PM   #19
tanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Tanner
tanzak88's Tacoma Gallery
No one knows where we can get sliders, around here eh? Yeah I'll probably be going through BajaNorth to get my lift etc. I have a buddy who races a Ranger with a 460, in Kamloops and he's good friends with the head fabricator there... maybe I can get a deal :P

I'll give them a ring and see what they can do for me for a lil height
Old 05-26-2011, 11:39 PM   #20
Drunk Canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanzak88 View Post
No one knows where we can get sliders, around here eh? Yeah I'll probably be going through BajaNorth to get my lift etc. I have a buddy who races a Ranger with a 460, in Kamloops and he's good friends with the head fabricator there... maybe I can get a deal :P

I'll give them a ring and see what they can do for me for a lil height
Im pretty sure you can get rock slider kits from Trail-gear.ca