Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

Nova Scotia/Halifax Area Meet

Old 06-07-2013, 01:39 PM   #1061
No longer anonymous. D'oh!
carcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
carcharias's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoadWunner View Post
Lot's to see here, pick your poison. There are lots of historical things. Last weekend, I got to see a team of 7 women hand shearing a sheep, spinning the wool and knotting a sweater in one day. No electricity used for any of this, all by hand. There are festivals in most of the small towns with several each weekend. The NS tourist Bureau has all that stuff available if you contact them.
Aw, that actually sounds frickin' great! I love traveling and checking out new things! I need to start looking into the touristy side soon. Is NS known for any type of food? Just no seafood, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcchris View Post
I am just joking man! I have never been to oak island, but I have known about the story a long time. I believe there was a pretty cool documentary on it on A&E back in the early 90's. When are you gonna be in town?

I spent last night watching every YouTube video on that place. Hey, if I become the 7th then that's not a bad way to go when people tell the story. First leg is flying out on the 17th for 3 weeks, back to l.a., then back to the island for 5 weeks.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:58 PM   #1062
WoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Air Force: Warrant Officer
Name: Peter
WoadWunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharias View Post
Aw, that actually sounds frickin' great! I love traveling and checking out new things! I need to start looking into the touristy side soon. Is NS known for any type of food? Just no seafood, please.

I spent last night watching every YouTube video on that place. Hey, if I become the 7th then that's not a bad way to go when people tell the story. First leg is flying out on the 17th for 3 weeks, back to l.a., then back to the island for 5 weeks.
While you are in the Halifax area, try out donairs. They started there and there are non better to my knowledge.
Old 06-08-2013, 05:55 AM   #1063
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
maxpower29's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
While you are in the Halifax area, try out donairs. They started there and there are non better to my knowledge.
Donairs FTW
Old 06-21-2013, 08:01 AM   #1068
WoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I have seen a lot of the world and this is MY preferrred place.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:25 AM   #1069

Quote:
This land is stunningly beautiful!! I can see why ya'll stay here. Reminds me of a more colorful Cape Cod. Lots of Tacomas, too! heheh
If you decide to come to the Annapolis Valley, let me know and we can get together for a coffe.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:17 PM   #1070
k.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kirk
k.strong's Tacoma Gallery
Aww how I miss the Valley!
Old 06-26-2013, 04:07 AM   #1071

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.strong View Post
Aww how I miss the Valley!
Understood, it is a unique place in this world. I have always loved it here.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:29 PM   #1072
No longer anonymous. D'oh!
carcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
carcharias's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have seen a lot of the world and this is MY preferrred place.
If you decide to come to the Annapolis Valley, let me know and we can get together for a coffe.
Yeah, this place is magical. I haven't seen a bad view yet. A bit expensive in Lunenburg, and I can do without the ticks, but awesome nonetheless. Does it rain as much near you as it does down here? Heard you may have some of the quickest/highest tides in the world.

Not sure if we'll make it your way, but will let you know if we do. Vice versa if you're down this way, man!
Old 06-27-2013, 07:39 AM   #1073

Quote:
Yeah, this place is magical. I haven't seen a bad view yet. A bit expensive in Lunenburg, and I can do without the ticks, but awesome nonetheless. Does it rain as much near you as it does down here? Heard you may have some of the quickest/highest tides in the world.

Not sure if we'll make it your way, but will let you know if we do. Vice versa if you're down this way, man!
It has been a bit wetter then normal sofar this years but it is normally pretty good weather in the Valley. A lot of systems seem to hug the South shore and miss the Valley.

The Bay of Fundy which is approx a 15 min drive over the North Mountain has the highest tides in the world. These rise some 50 ft when the tides come in. If you go to some of the fishing villages at low tide, the boats are resting on the bottom and you can see how high the watermark is. Halls Harbour is a great spot to visit and you can see the watermarks. They have a measuring device so you can see the tide rising.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:53 AM   #1074
k.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Understood, it is a unique place in this world. I have always loved it here.
If I could move back I would. If only there were jobs...
Old 07-08-2013, 04:03 AM   #1075

Howdy Folks, just wondered if anyone was alive in HRM, this thread used to be very active and seems to have died out. Hope everyone is well and having fun.
Old 08-07-2013, 01:33 PM   #1076

Out of curiosity are there any good offroad shops in NS? I know Valley tire has a very small selection, mostly tires.
Old 08-17-2013, 07:03 AM   #1077
rcchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcchris is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rcchris's Tacoma Gallery
Action Truck accessories in burnside has some off road stuff. I don't know about thier prices, but I think they have quite a bit of stuff. For tires, I found Perfomance edge in tantallon has great prices, they have to order all thier stuff in though, but it only takes anywhere from a few days to a couple weeks.
Old 08-18-2013, 08:49 AM   #1078

Action Truck Caps is the best place I have found
Old 08-19-2013, 12:17 PM   #1079
I have a problem for your solution…
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
im alive
Old 08-19-2013, 06:11 PM   #1080

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
im alive
Glad to hear it.