Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

Leaf Springs

Old 08-21-2011, 05:04 PM   #1
vanzigler is on a distinguished road
Name: Van
vanzigler's Tacoma Gallery
Leaf Springs

Hi guys my 2005 Tacoma's rear end is sagging, my local dealership told me that there is a TSB #3055 on it. MY question is do I have to change the front as well? Thanks!
Old 08-21-2011, 05:06 PM   #2
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
You're able to get the TSB done on an '05 ?
Old 08-21-2011, 05:15 PM   #3
Super Mod!
BlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
BlueTaco07's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
You're able to get the TSB done on an '05 ?
I think that started in 09...?
Old 08-21-2011, 05:21 PM   #4
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTaco07 View Post
I think that started in 09...?
Canadian trucks have had 4 leaf packs , or the TSB pack since 2007 .

I'm suprised he qualifies for a TSB outside of the three year warranty
Old 08-21-2011, 05:25 PM   #5
Super Mod!
BlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Canadian trucks have had 4 leaf packs , or the TSB pack since 2007 .

I'm suprised he qualifies for a TSB outside of the three year warranty
Yeah the 3 year covers back to 09 right? And the 60k mile warrenty hes probably way past that as well.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:25 PM   #6
Super Mod!

OP the fronts fine unless your trying to lift it.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:20 AM   #7
hey guys, i don't qualify for the TSB #3055, but my truck is included in that bulletin. I'm not trying to lift it, I just want the back to be higher than the front. I've heard from a local shop that add-a-leaf isn't for long term, so OME would be the way to go. But he also said that he would recommend upgrading the front as well. But I'm not trying to lift the truck. Any suggestions?
Old 08-24-2011, 12:38 PM   #8

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanzigler View Post
hey guys, i don't qualify for the TSB #3055, but my truck is included in that bulletin. I'm not trying to lift it, I just want the back to be higher than the front. I've heard from a local shop that add-a-leaf isn't for long term, so OME would be the way to go. But he also said that he would recommend upgrading the front as well. But I'm not trying to lift the truck. Any suggestions?
The OME rear leaf pack ( Dakars ) will lift your rear 2 3/4 - 3" . If you are not intending on lifting your truck , this is not the route to take .
Old 08-24-2011, 02:10 PM   #9
Yeah I'm not trying to lift the truck, All I wanna do is to lift the rear back to stock height or higher. What are my options? Add-A-Leaf?
Old 08-25-2011, 08:41 AM   #10

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanzigler View Post
Yeah I'm not trying to lift the truck, All I wanna do is to lift the rear back to stock height or higher. What are my options? Add-A-Leaf?
Look into a progressive AAL
Old 08-28-2011, 05:11 PM   #11
"Really, how hard can it be?" Jeremy Clarkson
elwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Neal
elwood's Tacoma Gallery
I made my own from another tsb pack. Maybe look for a used tsb pack in a wrecker. All depends what you want out of the truck and what you will use it for and how much $ you want to lay out.
Good Luck
Old 09-10-2011, 06:18 PM   #12
Leaf Springs

I can't put the AAL in the stock springs cuz they're flat and it's gonna be hard to put them in there. Even if I was able to put the AAL in there, they would flatten again in about 6 months! Any other suggestions?