Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

Old Man Emu parts in Canada...great supplier!!

Old 08-29-2011, 05:30 AM   #1
ontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to all

ontarioyota's Tacoma Gallery
Old Man Emu parts in Canada...great supplier!!

For OME parts or kits in Canada....check out www.arbcanada.com this will lead you to "Ouipack"

They are located in Quebec and have great prices and service....Tony was the guy I talked to.

Had to wait a while as the nitrocharger rear shocks were on backorder.

My custom chosen kit arrived in 2 days from payment...only waiting for the AAL and grease bushings now.

Shipping was very fair as I am in Ontario.

Unless you can get across the boarder to pick up US shipped orders the $ fees will kill you. If you can I also spoke with "Wheelers" and they were great service and very informative.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:06 AM   #2
FishinTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: D'Arcy
FishinTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Some people get lucky and they don't charge any fees coming over the border. I'm one of these lucky folks. I bough OME coils and billy's all the way around. But good to know about OUipack, thanks.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:28 PM   #3
DaveCanuck is on a distinguished road
Name: Dave
DaveCanuck's Tacoma Gallery
For anyone near Victoria BC, or the Gulf Islands - this might interest you.

http://seawings.ca/

The guy at NWOR told me about them. They're a shipper based in Blaine WA... right below the border and for a reasonable fee forward goods to their office at the Victoria airport. Then you take your goodies to the customs office literally right next door and fill out the brokerage paperwork yourself for free, instead of those UPS crooks to do it for an arm and a leg.

This is a particular advantage when dealing with companies who have free shipping within the US. Some of us Canucks can now enjoy more goodies from the US and save more money.
Old 08-30-2011, 03:35 AM   #4
ontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveCanuck View Post

The guy at NWOR told me about them. They're a shipper based in Blaine WA... right below the border and for a reasonable fee forward goods to their office at the Victoria airport. Then you take your goodies to the customs office literally right next door and fill out the brokerage paperwork yourself for free, instead of those UPS crooks to do it for an arm and a leg.

This is a particular advantage when dealing with companies who have free shipping within the US. Some of us Canucks can now enjoy more goodies from the US and save more money.
Great idea!
Old 08-30-2011, 08:33 AM   #5
DaveCanuck is on a distinguished road
DaveCanuck's Tacoma Gallery
There might be something similar for people in southern Ontario close to the border, like Windsor.

I just knew there had to be a way. It's still pretty ridiculous how in Canada, despite the fact that the dollar is above par, that we pay a lot more - still - on everyday goods.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:43 AM   #6
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveCanuck View Post

Awesome
Old 08-30-2011, 03:53 PM   #7

here is the invoice on what I paid....fair prices!...1st gen parts
Old 08-30-2011, 06:29 PM   #8
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I stumbled across them a couple weeks ago. Thanks for reminding me, I never got my quote back!

Just finished emailing them. $400 difference shipped to my door than what the local club could do.

Fuck me with a trout.
Old 08-30-2011, 06:30 PM   #9
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontarioyota View Post
here is the invoice on what I paid....fair prices!...1st gen parts
That's about $200 off what I paid for my OME kit locally (2nd gen if it matters )
Old 08-30-2011, 06:32 PM   #10
AK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
I bought my dakars from Tony. Great guy to deal with
Old 08-30-2011, 09:14 PM   #11

Yes.....Tony is a genuine guy.....I think they are fairly new at the game of selling OME stuff and a wee bit slow at sealing the deal when you try to order.....just a bit unorganized at this point....when you go to www.arbcanada.com ..You end up at their website....not much info on the site.

I am certain the strength of our Can$ as of late helped my pricing.

Having said that they were short the rear shocks as were most OME vendors. Also they take a 2 week summer vacation so it took a while for me to get my parts...he was upfront about this upon my initial contact.

Once I was invoiced and paid them I had the parts in less then 48 hrs via Fed-ex with tracking #'s provided...just waiting on AAL and grease bushings...shipped free!

Can't wait to unsag my Taco!
Old 11-22-2011, 09:23 PM   #12
Banff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Banff2007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontarioyota View Post
Yes.....Tony is a genuine guy.....I think they are fairly new at the game of selling OME stuff and a wee bit slow at sealing the deal when you try to order.....just a bit unorganized at this point....when you go to www.arbcanada.com ..You end up at their website....not much info on the site.

I am certain the strength of our Can$ as of late helped my pricing.

Having said that they were short the rear shocks as were most OME vendors. Also they take a 2 week summer vacation so it took a while for me to get my parts...he was upfront about this upon my initial contact.

Once I was invoiced and paid them I had the parts in less then 48 hrs via Fed-ex with tracking #'s provided...just waiting on AAL and grease bushings...shipped free!

Can't wait to unsag my Taco!
I ordered the complete OME kit from them at the end of October and received it today. It did take a little while as they did not have everything in stock and Tony was at the Sema shows. However he let me know the situation each time he could. Customer service was awesome. Because they were a little late Tony added a few things to my order. Great guy and great company. I would recomend anyone in Canada to buy from them. Shipping was not to bad either.

A big thumbs up for Tony and Ouipack.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:27 PM   #13
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banff2007Tacoma View Post
I ordered the complete OME kit from them at the end of October and received it today. It did take a little while as they did not have everything in stock and Tony was at the Sema shows. However he let me know the situation each time he could. Customer service was awesome. Because they were a little late Tony added a few things to my order. Great guy and great company. I would recomend anyone in Canada to buy from them. Shipping was not to bad either.

A big thumbs up for Tony and Ouipack.
You get your 885's ordered so hounddog can take those 886's off your hands?
Old 11-22-2011, 10:32 PM   #14
Banff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
You get your 885's ordered so hounddog can take those 886's off your hands?
Haha yeah I am still thinking about it. Both ARB Canada and ARB said that I should go with 886 but not sure yet. I have seen some others on here that have access cabs and the 886 and have had no issues so I might go with them. I want to make up my mind by the end of this week so I dont keep Hounddog in the dark.
Old 11-24-2011, 06:46 AM   #15
Resident Jackass

You got an ARB and winch up front?
Cause I had just the ARB with 886's and it rode just fine. And if you think you're going to get a winch in the future...just get the 886's for sure. Rides really nice even with an access cab.
Old 11-24-2011, 11:27 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
You got an ARB and winch up front?
Cause I had just the ARB with 886's and it rode just fine. And if you think you're going to get a winch in the future...just get the 886's for sure. Rides really nice even with an access cab.
Yeah my only problem is I probably wont get the winch and bumper until next year. I just dropped 3 grand with lift tires and rims and there are some other things I need plus the holidays so I think I might take Hounddogs offer. I sent him a PM so see what he says. If not then I guess I will have to be in debt and get the bumper and winch lol.
Old 11-24-2011, 07:41 PM   #18

Yeah well I work for our health care system so no thanks. I have already talked to Hounddog and ordered the 885 for me. I have so many other things I need to buy before the bumper and winch so I should go with them for now and then make the switch when the time comes.

Plus like the title says Ouipack is awesome. Already talked to Tony and he has them in stock and on the way.
Old 11-24-2011, 07:58 PM   #20

I work out of the Rockyview. Asset Management. Sounds better than it is. Deal with new equipment. You are a paramedic I think I have seen on here somehwere right? I know a few of them.