Notices

Canadian Vs. American Tacoma's

Old 10-07-2011, 04:49 PM   #1
1989supraturbo is on a distinguished road

Air Force: MSE Op CFB Comox
1989supraturbo's Tacoma Gallery
Canadian Vs. American Tacoma's

Hey guys,
i'm looking to buy a Tacoma and the dealer in Victoria called me and they have an American 08 Sport double cab Manual for sale.

Just wondering what the differences are between CAN and US since i've seen a Sport edition access cab with no Diff lock from the US and i know that's not available here.

CAN models have Access cab with diff lock and sport models with LSD, i'm hoping you can tell me what this US model has or if they are the same because i've been looking for months and have said no and walked away from a deal and passed on a couple.

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide!
Old 10-07-2011, 05:10 PM   #2
ouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Air Force: Mobile Support Equipment Operator
Name: Ryan
ouyin2000's Tacoma Gallery
My first question would be "Does it have a 3 leaf pack or 4?"

Canadian trucks come standard with the 4 leaf pack. If the one your dealer has only has a 3 leaf pack, see if you can arrange to get the TSB done as part of the deal.

PS Welcome to the forums from another MSE Op. I grew up in Courtenay, but I'm posted to Edmonton now.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:18 PM   #3
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1989supraturbo View Post
Hey guys,
i'm looking to buy a Tacoma and the dealer in Victoria called me and they have an American 08 Sport double cab Manual for sale.

Just wondering what the differences are between CAN and US since i've seen a Sport edition access cab with no Diff lock from the US and i know that's not available here.

CAN models have Access cab with diff lock and sport models with LSD, i'm hoping you can tell me what this US model has or if they are the same because i've been looking for months and have said no and walked away from a deal and passed on a couple.

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide!
The diff lock only comes on the TRD Offroad , which is only available in an access cab in Canada . In the States the TRD Offroad also comes in a doublecab shortbed . ( 5' bed )

Welcome to TW , I'm in the Gulf Islands
Old 10-07-2011, 05:24 PM   #4
Canadian Bacon
spares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shed

spares's Tacoma Gallery
The US sport will have the LSD just like the cdn truck. Biggest difference you'll see is MPH on the speedo. My truck is from the US so i know this first hand. As ouyin mentioned the US will have the standard 3 leaf pack unless the TSB was done. Other than that there isn't anything i can think of that will be different. I may have missed somthing though.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:25 PM   #5
1989supraturbo is on a distinguished road

Air Force: MSE Op CFB Comox
1989supraturbo's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the help guys, i've decided to wait for a BC truck to come on the market, I have time.
This one they were asking too much anyhow, about 60k kms and $29,900.

Later this month i'll take a trip to Vancouver and see whats' out there.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:46 PM   #6
Oscar144 is on a distinguished road
Name: Richard
Oscar144's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma 2011

Good day all,

I'm Ottawa Canada. I just bought a Tacxoma 2011. I just found out it's an American version. Anybody knows what is the different between this version and the one in Canada. Thanks in advance for the info
Old 06-13-2013, 06:50 PM   #7
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar144 View Post
Good day all,

I'm Ottawa Canada. I just bought a Tacxoma 2011. I just found out it's an American version. Anybody knows what is the different between this version and the one in Canada. Thanks in advance for the info
What configuration is it ?
Old 06-13-2013, 06:53 PM   #8
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
The main differences are, the speedometers require a math equasion to decipher the speed your going. The gas tank is filled with "Liters", and/or "Imperial Gallons", which are nothing like a real Gallon, thus give the owner a hiegthend sense of being more eco friendly. AND..... The exhaust has a slight French/English accent. Otherwise, they are very much like a Cocky, albiet friendly and polite, version of the trucks made in the USA.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:50 PM   #9
Seventy1 is on a distinguished road
Seventy1's Tacoma Gallery
Please excuse my frankness but why the f@#k can you not get a TRD off road in double cab configuration in Canada? What good reason can anyone give for this!
Old 06-26-2013, 11:51 PM   #10

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventy1 View Post
Please excuse my frankness but why the f@#k can you not get a TRD off road in double cab configuration in Canada? What good reason can anyone give for this!
ask Toyota

PS , they don't sell Prerunners in Canada
Old 06-26-2013, 11:55 PM   #12

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
in b4 oz says "they dont sell pre runners in canada"
oh dear