Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

Victoria Meetup/Drive

Old 10-18-2011, 09:42 PM   #61
Syncros is on a distinguished road
Syncros's Tacoma Gallery
Another option is Oliphant Lake, It might be too hard for our trucks though, especially getting around the first gate on the Bamberton turn off. My old stock 88 4runner had no problem besides dragging the rear bumper quite a bit for that reason I don't think the Tacoma would do it because it overhangs so much more and theres alot of places where it would get hung up, its all avoidable.. im just trying to get an idea of what exactly we *could* run for trails. Anyways, if you drive far enough you come out on shawnigan lake road (last pic shows its pretty steep).

Sometimes... the gate is open in Spectacle lake trailer park, in that case it takes a whole 10 minutes to get there, nice spot to camp etc.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:58 PM   #62
swollen member
covefrog08 is on a distinguished road

covefrog08's Tacoma Gallery
cool ya iv been to oliphant lake on my quad lots of times last summer and winter... didn't make it there this summer on the quad though so dono what condition the trails/roads are in.. dono bout taking the trucks in there eather, our double cab friends might have difficulties or sustain damage... what about going up to cowichan and wheelin around hill 60? no gates there as it's a designated quad area, supposedly you can go over that range and into copper canyon main and there is so cool stuff in there.

in case anyone is wondering where this Hill 60 area is.. it's on page 10 of your backroads mapbook heading away from duncan towards cowichan and take a right on a old fsr called Hill 60
Old 10-18-2011, 10:55 PM   #63
Tarik will become famous soon enough

Tarik's Tacoma Gallery
I'm down for Shawnigan/Bear.
Count me in
My only disclaimer - my truck is fairly stock
Old 10-18-2011, 11:05 PM   #64
swollen member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik View Post
I'm down for Shawnigan/Bear.
Count me in
My only disclaimer - my truck is fairly stock
thats cool dude my truck is stock except for my 32inch tires.. just requires a little more precise driving style
Old 10-19-2011, 12:46 AM   #65
Death Technician
NFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Cpl / Second Battalion / Princes Patrica Canadian Light Infantry (PPCLI)
Name: Nick
NFK's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to NFK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncros View Post
Another option is Oliphant Lake, It might be too hard for our trucks though, especially getting around the first gate on the Bamberton turn off. My old stock 88 4runner had no problem besides dragging the rear bumper quite a bit for that reason I don't think the Tacoma would do it because it overhangs so much more. We ran through to Shawnigan lake road (last picture is how you avoid the gate, it is a lot steeper than it looks). The water in pic 2 also gets deep sometimes, the last time I did it in my 4runner it came over the hood, it's avoidable though.

Sometimes... the gate is open in Spectacle lake trailer park, in that case it takes a whole 10 minutes to get there, awesome place to camp and have a fire.

loved this lake growing up, spent many summers there camping a fishing there. pulled alot fo 4-5 pound small mouth out of there and diving was great, found alot of fishing gear/golf balls
Old 10-19-2011, 11:28 PM   #66
Goldmember
Taco13 is on a distinguished road

Navy: PO1, Electronics Technician, Communications
Name: Paul
Taco13's Tacoma Gallery
22 Oct

Syncros, I'm thinking about joining you on Sat. Where are you planning on heading? Meet location and time?

If I go I've got to do a few mods in preparation... Adjust my front suspension (it's sagged a bit since install), and add some diff breathers (over and above what is stock).

I have two FRS radios (motorola) though I can't guarantee the batteries are good. Anyone still using CBs? I have a few around, but not installed in the truck at the moment.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:36 AM   #67
Death Technician
NFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Cpl / Second Battalion / Princes Patrica Canadian Light Infantry (PPCLI)
NFK's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco13 View Post
Syncros, I'm thinking about joining you on Sat. Where are you planning on heading? Meet location and time?

If I go I've got to do a few mods in preparation... Adjust my front suspension (it's sagged a bit since install), and add some diff breathers (over and above what is stock).

I have two FRS radios (motorola) though I can't guarantee the batteries are good. Anyone still using CBs? I have a few around, but not installed in the truck at the moment.

if im nto working this weekend i might be heading out to do some exploring and coming back with some routes and or if not i might join you guys
Old 10-20-2011, 11:17 AM   #68
swollen member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFK View Post
if im nto working this weekend i might be heading out to do some exploring and coming back with some routes and or if not i might join you guys
I wish I could come but I have a tracking course through search And rescue this weekend but perhaps Halloween weekend.... Or perhaps we could All meet up in town At a timmys and talk routes after this weekend.... Or not lol
Old 10-20-2011, 12:28 PM   #69
Death Technician

NFK's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by covefrog08 View Post
I wish I could come but I have a tracking course through search And rescue this weekend but perhaps Halloween weekend.... Or perhaps we could All meet up in town At a timmys and talk routes after this weekend.... Or not lol

its funny u say timmys, i dont know if you guys have seen but the timmys in Langford draws a big crowd of moter heads trucks and cars, have any of you guys seen this?
Old 10-20-2011, 01:10 PM   #71
swollen member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFK View Post
its funny u say timmys, i dont know if you guys have seen but the timmys in Langford draws a big crowd of moter heads trucks and cars, have any of you guys seen this?
Haha nope but im not surprised. We should show up with a bunch of tacos and all park in a line and represent!
Old 10-20-2011, 05:02 PM   #73
GeatWhiteNorth is on a distinguished road

Name: Morgen
GeatWhiteNorth's Tacoma Gallery
im still for sure up for a trail run, let me know what you guys decide for a place and time
Old 10-20-2011, 09:44 PM   #75
Tarik will become famous soon enough

Tarik's Tacoma Gallery
Some good advice for sure. I'll probably join over there.
Should probably start thinking about a date - I mentioned Nov 5th but maybe that's too soon to get everyone together on time.
Do we want to do a weekend meet up and chat trails and decide then? I'm around this weekend...and next.
T.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:50 PM   #76
Syncros's Tacoma Gallery
I use my taco to get to fishing spots and camping, nothing id consider wheeling.. 99% of the places I take it are 2wd. Exploring is what id call it, found a lot of good views, big trees and stuff I talked about earlier, really nothing to secret about most of them so I don't mind showing the way to the ones I know of.

I haven't been out past Shawnigan in awhile now, Seems like its changed a lot seeing as the last time I was out there. Wouldn't be a bad idea to do something useful like truck out some of the garbage.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:53 PM   #77
qwertypepper will become famous soon enoughqwertypepper will become famous soon enough
Name: cam
qwertypepper's Tacoma Gallery
in like sin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncros View Post
Im from down Island but live in Nanaimo now, anyone looking to meet up for a trail run or just to explore the back roads i'd be up for it. Know of quite a few neat places and hidden stuff. Here's a few pictures. Anyone ride dirtbikes?

im in. syncros i ride a ktm 250f

nov. 5 works for me, i'll keep it open.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:00 PM   #78
swollen member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik View Post
Some good advice for sure. I'll probably join over there.
Should probably start thinking about a date - I mentioned Nov 5th but maybe that's too soon to get everyone together on time.
Do we want to do a weekend meet up and chat trails and decide then? I'm around this weekend...and next.
T.
i'm into a wheel on the 5th it will work out perfect for getting my new horn installed, plus a buddy from van (unfortunately drives a ranger) will be over and he love to come out and BEAT on his rig. lol

i could meet up some evening before then and discuss anyways, always fun to chat truck talk
Old 10-20-2011, 10:03 PM   #79
swollen member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertypepper View Post
im in. syncros i ride a ktm 250f

nov. 5 works for me, i'll keep it open.
I also ride Dirtbike, I have a yamaha wr250f

What do you ride syncros?
Old 10-20-2011, 10:25 PM   #80
Syncros's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure im into this really.. unless you guys are doing more than just driving to bear creek reservoir? Never been to the langford tim hortons but it really doesn't sound like my kind of thing either.

I have a KX250, it does the trick.. can't go that far on a tank, and it hasn't been all that reliable though.