Notices

Victoria Meetup/Drive

Old 10-20-2011, 10:31 PM   #81
swollen member
covefrog08 is on a distinguished road

covefrog08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncros View Post
Not sure im into this really.. unless you guys are doing more than just driving to bear creek reservoir? Never been to the langford tim hortons but it really doesn't sound like my kind of thing either.

I have a KX250, it does the trick.. can't go that far on a tank, and it hasn't been all that reliable though.
i'm game to go where ever i can get my truck as long as i don't destroy it.. still pretty new need to keep it in good shape.... till i get sliders.. bumpers.. lift... lockers... i don't usually goto those show and shine or brag and tag at timmys eather. but i was just suggesting somewhere to all meet up and chat wheelin.

Where would you like to go on the 5th?

My buddy had a 94 kx250 2stroke it was so torquey he use to tie a 2L of gas to his handle bars so when he ran out he had 2L to get home. :P
Old 10-20-2011, 10:35 PM   #82
qwertypepper will become famous soon enoughqwertypepper will become famous soon enough
Name: cam
qwertypepper's Tacoma Gallery
i know of a sweat privately owned campground in shawnigan lake, actually the last house on the road before i turns into logging roads. they would be fine with us all having our trucks there, and plenty of room. no quiet time,big fires, loud music preferred and drinking is a-ok(no dogs allowed). i know its getting colder now and some people wont want to camp, but it don't bother me. i know the owners really well and we could set something up real easy.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:42 PM   #83
swollen member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertypepper View Post
i know of a sweat privately owned campground in shawnigan lake, actually the last house on the road before i turns into logging roads. they would be fine with us all having our trucks there, and plenty of room. no quiet time,big fires, loud music preferred and drinking is a-ok(no dogs allowed). i know its getting colder now and some people wont want to camp, but it don't bother me. i know the owners really well and we could set something up real easy.
hmm tempting we could wheel sat morning/ afternoon then load the trucks with fire wood goto your friends campsite have big fire and wheel sunday morning/ afternoon... do a day trip to McClure Lake fish for awhile or try and get into carmanah valley. i always wanted to make it to the hummingbird research station..
Old 10-20-2011, 10:49 PM   #84
Syncros is on a distinguished road
Syncros's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by covefrog08 View Post
i'm game to go where ever i can get my truck as long as i don't destroy it.. still pretty new need to keep it in good shape.... till i get sliders.. bumpers.. lift... lockers... i don't usually goto those show and shine or brag and tag at timmys eather. but i was just suggesting somewhere to all meet up and chat wheelin.

Where would you like to go on the 5th?

My buddy had a 94 kx250 2stroke it was so torquey he use to tie a 2L of gas to his handle bars so when he ran out he had 2L to get home. :P
Mines a 98, if I go far I usually tie a 5L to the fender just in case, should really get a Clarke tank but I just don't ride it enough.. I think id be happier on an XR or something anyway.

I'm open to whatever but I don't consider driving on gravel roads "wheeling" I'd tag along and do some fishing and what not for sure though.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:58 PM   #85
swollen member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncros View Post
Mines a 98, if I go far I usually tie a 5L to the fender just in case, should really get a Clarke tank but I just don't ride it enough.. I think id be happier on an XR or something anyway.

I'm open to whatever but I don't consider driving on gravel roads "wheeling" I'd tag along and do some fishing and what not for sure though.
ya 4strokes are the way to go if you like the trails trade in the 2 for a 4 and lets go riding with qwertypepper!

ya gravel roads is destination wheelin... there is a short section of mud into weeks. id love to get to wild deer lake through shawnigan. i went up to duncan and through the maned gate to just fish wild deer but there is no camping allowed so we gota go in from shawnigan. i know of a trail around the gates but it would need a bit of work. id be TOTALLY into building those trails and camping at wild deer on the 5th!
Old 10-20-2011, 11:00 PM   #86
qwertypepper will become famous soon enoughqwertypepper will become famous soon enough
lets see how interested people are and i talk to to owner this weekend. we're going on a fire wood run, to stock up for a halloween bon fire.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:22 PM   #87
Syncros is on a distinguished road
Syncros's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ya 4strokes are the way to go if you like the trails trade in the 2 for a 4 and lets go riding with qwertypepper!

ya gravel roads is destination wheelin... there is a short section of mud into weeks. id love to get to wild deer lake through shawnigan. i went up to duncan and through the maned gate to just fish wild deer but there is no camping allowed so we gota go in from shawnigan. i know of a trail around the gates but it would need a bit of work. id be TOTALLY into building those trails and camping at wild deer on the 5th!
Skutz falls side might be easier. I fish the Cowichan all winter long so maybe i'l explore down that way some more, Been to wild deer a few times and explored the area a bit, some other good little lakes around there. I got to Koksilah campground pretty easily, parked on the yellow gated bridge. Would be sweet if that was open..
Old 10-21-2011, 08:39 PM   #88
Tarik will become famous soon enough

Tarik's Tacoma Gallery
I can do Nov 5th.
My Taco is 4 months old and owned predominantly by my bank, so I can't get too crazy, but I'd like to wheel a bit and have some fun for the day. I probably can't do an overnighter since I've got a baby at home.
I'm in, but no pin striping please
T.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:49 PM   #89
how many do we have confirmed?
Old 10-21-2011, 11:16 PM   #90

Tarik's Tacoma Gallery
4 so far.
I think...
I can edit my first post and add a list...
Old 10-21-2011, 11:43 PM   #91
what kind of run are we aiming for? i don't have too much "off road" experience, no winch, no high lift and no spare tire(nowhere for a 33" tire). I'm willing to get out there but in all honestly not super equipped. i mostly just explore and try not to do something dumb, i don't want to hold the group up. although i am looking foreword to learning some things from people with more experience.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:19 PM   #92
blue86gt is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue86gt is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue86gt is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue86gt is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue86gt is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue86gt is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue86gt is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue86gt is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue86gt is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue86gt is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue86gt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
blue86gt's Tacoma Gallery
I'm confused now haha... where are we going and when?
Old 10-22-2011, 02:07 PM   #93

Tarik's Tacoma Gallery
Totally confused too.
But my advice is we pick an easy trail to drive on Nov. 5th and just get our group together to establish it. Doesn't have to be hardcore driving, as most have pointed out they're not even prepared for it anyhow, myself included.
I'm thinking something easy, probably some open access/logging road, get dirty, meet some fellow Taco owners and take it from there.
Nov. 5th seemed to work for a few people so I added them to the first post.
If any once can advise on an easy, open trail or access road, I'll put that in the original post as the location.
We can all meet up before the run in some convenient in-town location.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:18 PM   #95
swollen member

I'm think we do the shawnigan to bear creek resi. Its mostly gravel rds. We can play in the mud pit in burnt bridge then go into weeks n fish for a bit/ have lunch then on to bear it's gravel except for a trail down off one main rd to the resi and there is also a mud pit and 3 hill climbs there..... But I'm game for anything. That just what I have done recently so I know the condition. But if anyone who lives or lived up that area knows something better I'm game for something new
Old 10-23-2011, 11:58 AM   #96
blue86gt is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue86gt is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue86gt is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue86gt is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue86gt is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue86gt is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue86gt is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue86gt is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue86gt is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue86gt is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue86gt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
blue86gt's Tacoma Gallery
I like the Mt. Bolduc plane crash idea. I thought it would be a cool thing to see. Also it's between Nanaimo & Victoria so then more North/Central Islanders might come? There is also a Tim Hortons in Duncan on the highway where we all could meet?

Just a thought?
Old 10-23-2011, 12:19 PM   #97

Tarik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm think we do the shawnigan to bear creek resi. Its mostly gravel rds. We can play in the mud pit in burnt bridge then go into weeks n fish for a bit/ have lunch then on to bear it's gravel except for a trail down off one main rd to the resi and there is also a mud pit and 3 hill climbs there..... But I'm game for anything. That just what I have done recently so I know the condition. But if anyone who lives or lived up that area knows something better I'm game for something new
I'm down with this.
It's also good that you've been here recently and have seen the conditions now.
Old 10-23-2011, 01:39 PM   #98
swollen member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue86gt View Post
I like the Mt. Bolduc plane crash idea. I thought it would be a cool thing to see. Also it's between Nanaimo & Victoria so then more North/Central Islanders might come? There is also a Tim Hortons in Duncan on the highway where we all could meet?

Just a thought?
I would be happy with this also as I have never been there. Does anyone know there way around mt. Bolduc? A guy I work with pointed it Out to me... Or he also showed me a better crash site with a hike up to it but its out past nitinat lake
Old 10-23-2011, 02:41 PM   #100

Tarik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFK View Post
hhah this is so funny, ok how about we do one run and for thos who can lets go

then next week do another k?

lets just set the first one in stone k guys
So true.
Let's say Nov. 5th, Next Saturday, Shawnigan to Bear Creek...
Let's start there.
All those who are in, chime in and I'll update the first thread.
Thanks,
Tarik