Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

Do not buy Duratracs from Fountain Tire in Canada.

Old 10-17-2011, 12:45 PM   #1
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabian
Fabulous's Tacoma Gallery
Do not buy Duratracs from Fountain Tire in Canada.

My Canadian friends, if you are wanting to buy Goodyear Duratracs for your truck, I highly advise you to not buy them from Fountain Tire. A week ago I talked to a guy at Fountain Tire who said they would match Canadian Tires price for the Duratracs. I get the quote which is $42 less a tire, and proceed to phone up the same location. This time I talked to the manager, and he basically told me I was a liar as ONLY Fountain Tire carries these in Canada, and that they WILL NOT match prices. So much for their feel good commercials where they have the lowest price and shit. If you are looking for Duratracs, order them from Canadian tire as a big fuck you to Fountain Tire who thinks they are the only game in town.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:53 PM   #2
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Did you talk to that bald guy over a CB in his RV ?
Old 10-17-2011, 12:56 PM   #3
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I wish. Maybe I would have gotten better service.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:15 PM   #5
CalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shayne
CalgaryRider's Tacoma Gallery
Which Fountain Tire were you dealing with?

Believe it or not, the prices at Fountain Tires around the city vary as well as what the manager says about price matching.

I got my Duratracs from Fountain Tire on Blackfoot and Glenmore (Behind the Blackfoot hotel), they were cheaper then any Fountain Tire in the city, and got an alignment included in the price.

I'm guessing you were dealing with one up in the NW, and any tire shop up there will find someway to screw the customer cause they can get away with it.

Sorry to hear about the BS you had to go through
Old 10-17-2011, 03:25 PM   #6

What size do you have, and what did you pay if you don't mind me asking? CT has the C load rated 265/70-17's for $253 a tire, and Fountain Tire wants $295!
Old 10-23-2011, 12:08 PM   #7
Yo! Wat up peeps?
1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future

1Bigbird's Tacoma Gallery
Here in Manitoba CT does not carry Duratracs, they carry Territories. They are very similar tires but different enough to get away with the price. CT buys as a whole and each FT buys independently which is one major cause of the price difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulous View Post
What size do you have, and what did you pay if you don't mind me asking? CT has the C load rated 265/70-17's for $253 a tire, and Fountain Tire wants $295!
Got mine from CT (265/70/17) for $205 a tire plus tax, during their buy 1 get 1 half off sale a year ago.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:16 PM   #8

If you want the Duratracs from Canadian Tire, they are a special order, and take 2-3 days to come in. Works for me for the $42 dollars in savings per tire.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:54 PM   #9
Tarik will become famous soon enough

Tarik's Tacoma Gallery
Lame.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:16 PM   #10
Syncros is on a distinguished road
Syncros's Tacoma Gallery
So im comparing prices, Looks like Tire Fountain has a decent price on Duratracs. 236.99 for 265/75/16C minus $25 per tire. I got excited because Goodyear has an $80 rebate on until December, but you can't combine the two deals.. I assume fountain is just taking care of the rebate, and adding a little extra savings to make it look like a better deal than elsewhere.

So, I decide, going with Fountain is a good option because im lazy, and would rather have the instant savings than deal with the mail in rebate. Their website is awesome, I got an instant quote to print out. Right at the top it says:

Included with your purchase at Fountain Tire, you will receive, Free Installation, Free Fountain tire Road Hazard, Air miles, Scheduled appointments and efficient service, Personalized service from our knowledgeable and fully trained associates.

Scroll down to the quote, well.. disappointing. Installation must mean actually putting the wheels and tires on the vehicle, because thats the free part. Installing the tires on the rims? Oh no, thats not free. $80 for balance, $19.96 for valve stems(don't need), $20 for "Tire Levy". Whatever, they have to pay their employees, seems O.K.

Then I read the fine print on their quote "Extra charges will be applied to vehicles with tire pressure monitoring systems", that rubbed me the wrong way. I will stop by and see if they are willing to drop that charge, if not.. well I guess they don't want my $900+ that bad. Is it just to cover the cost of not getting to charge me for valve stems?
Old 11-17-2011, 09:40 AM   #11
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Go to the Fountain Tire down on Glenmore and Blackfoot as was stated above. I got good service when I was sourcing tires. Always get a name from whoever you talk to regarding tires and pricing.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:48 AM   #12
jackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jackhart's Tacoma Gallery
i read this thread, and, being in sales for my whole life, it amazes me that there are companies out there who still try to screw with the customer like this. one guy says we'll match the price, then the manager says a week later they won't? bad news travels ten time faster and to ten times as many people...

even more amazing is trying to get away with all those nickel and dime extras in the "fine" print. if they fool you once, how many times do you think you'll go back to a place that treated you like that?

if it's one thing i learned in sales it's this - you take care of your customer and they'll be a customer for life. seems so simple, but so many companies learn the hard way what happens when you don't.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:49 PM   #14

Does Ward Tire carry Duratrac's? I know they have great prices on the KL71 that I was thinking about...
Old 12-01-2011, 07:04 PM   #15
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
They don't carry goodyear products, but they have a fantastic selection of other tires.

I've cold called them twice about tires; once with my Mickey Thompsons and just a few weeks ago for a set of Yokohama Geolander I/T G072 for the wifes Grand Cherokee.

Both times, I got same day installation. 4-5 hours max and I had new rubbers mounted. Fantastic service.

Ask for Dwayne or Kyle.

Aurora Tires, BFGoodrich Tires, Continental Tires, Cooper Tires, Dick Cepek Tires, General Tires, Hankook Tires, Kumho Tires, Michelin Tires, Mickey, Thompson Tires, Pirelli Tires, Sumitomo Tires, Toyo Tires, Uniroyal Tires, Yokohama Tires

^Brands they carry.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:41 PM   #16
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
what a prick!

I also had a crappy experience in Fountain tire last month. Their quotes were high and the guy working made it seem like it was a privilege for me to buy from there. Needless to say I chose to go elsewhere.