1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Nov. 5th Shawnigan drive

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Tarik, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Oct 26, 2011 at 10:34 AM
    Tarik

Tarik [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego California
    Spidertrax wheel spacers Avid bed rack Avid sliders 285/75/16 BFG KO2 Black vent rings TRD red start button Screen protection ProComp 3.5 lift
    Yeah this is the next thing we need to figure out.
    I'm new to the area so I'm not sure where the trail head is and what's the best place for us to meet up there - I'll let coverfrog08 chime in on that since he knows the trail and will lead the pack once we get up there. Please pick a place that's close to the trail but off whatever road we're heading up from (Route 1 I assume)...we'll meet there at 9am for those who miss the Victoria meeting location or live north.

Victoria people or anyone in this area meet at 8am at the Tim Horton's near the Home Depot Shopping Plaza (739 McCallum Dr, Victoria, BC V9B 6A2, Canada ).
    I'll put this in the original post so that it's easily accessible.

2. Oct 26, 2011 at 12:13 PM
    neverstuck

neverstuck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vancouver Island
    Vehicle:
    13 DCLB sport
    slide-in camper, OME Nitros w 884's and Dakars, Michelin A/T2, Pro EFX heated towing mirrors, Timbren HD bumpstops, KB VooDoo bed rails and tailgate cap, ImMrYo rvm bracket, G-Tek Fab door sill protectors, Ultragauge, window visors, hood deflector, Wet Okole seatcovers, in-vehicle safe.
    First of all, I'd like to take a moment to brag that I pulled a ford f350 super duty out of the ditch last week up north. He said he thought my truck would be too small so I almost just left him there. :D

This ride sounds like fun. Throw me on the maybe list, and I'm going to try to bring a buddy along with his taco as well. He's out of the country right now so I don't know if he's available.

I won't be camping and I live in Nanaimo. What's driving time from Bear Creek resi to Shawnigan???

Also, is this trail stock-tacoma friendly?

Thanks
    Matt

3. Oct 26, 2011 at 1:16 PM
    Tarik

Member:
    San Diego California
    Spidertrax wheel spacers Avid bed rack Avid sliders 285/75/16 BFG KO2 Black vent rings TRD red start button Screen protection ProComp 3.5 lift
    neverstuck - living up to your screen name :thumbsup:
    I'll put you down as a maybe.
    Hope the trail is stock-worthy - some of us are mostly stock, including me.

4. Oct 26, 2011 at 1:47 PM
    NFK

NFK Death Technician

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Canada, BC, Vancouver Island, Victoria
    Vehicle:
    BLACK THUNDER
    Tiers 33/11.5 tiers Mickey Thompson,Wheels Mickey T Side Bitters 17” 3” Rev Tech Lift,Added Leaf Spring,Black Projector Headlights CCFL Halo’s / HID’S Blacked out tail light Mod,Grill craft Grill Top and Bottom Hella 500 Behind Gril,FJ40 1986 Toyota Land Cruiser Emblem Front Grill K&N Air Filter,TRD Emblem Lower Grill Bottom Right,Toyota Bug & Stone Deflector Toyota Skid Plate Rhino Lined,WeatherTech Window Visors AVID Step Up Sliders,Bushwhacker Pocket Style Fender Flares Key Hole Plugs Colour Matching,Tacoma Bed MattRear,Tailgate Anti-Theft Mod ( Key Hose Clamp) Leer 100XQ Canopy,Semi De-BadgedPainted Remaining Badges (black) FA-series Short Stubby Antenna Length: 8" TRex Eyelids,Wet Okole TRD Seat Covers Charcoal And Black With Center Console And Rear Pockets With TRD Emblem logo WeatherTech Floor Mats,48 LED Blue Dome Light
    im 90% sure it stock friendly guys so no worries!

can we switch the meet place to the Tim hortons on the other side so we can get a coffe?

5. Oct 26, 2011 at 2:29 PM
    Tarik

Member:
    San Diego California
    Lol, I originally had it at Tim Horton's but then decided against it because it's not as visible off the road. I'll change it :)

6. Oct 26, 2011 at 3:41 PM
    GeatWhiteNorth

GeatWhiteNorth Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Morgen
    Victoria BC
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD DC LB
    LR UCA's, 5100 all around, OME 885, add a leaf, Elite Sliders, 285's
    Bummer im not in town that weekend

7. Oct 26, 2011 at 4:00 PM
    blue86gt

blue86gt Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vancouver Island - Qualicum Beach
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma - TRD Sport - Black
    3-inch suspension lift
    I'm a maybe :)

8. Oct 26, 2011 at 4:13 PM
    Tarik

Member:
    San Diego California
    Gotcha.

9. Oct 26, 2011 at 5:21 PM
    covefrog08

covefrog08 swollen member

Member:
    Vancouver Island- Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 w/west coast pin-striping
    devil horns, weather tech floor mats, Camo seat cover, window visors, premier deck w/ 6 speakers and sub, checker plate tool box, diff breather relocate, Mag light & Fire Extinguisher behind seat
    there is a subway right by shawnigan lake that we could make as the abc location.. (i'm going to grab some lunch for later there) turn off hwy 1 at shawnigan mill bay rd (point A) and drive till you reach a 4 way stop with a coop gas station in front and a subway on your left (point b)

http://maps.google.ca/maps?saddr=Sh...l6mh-A&vpsrc=0&mra=me&mrsp=1,0&sz=16&t=h&z=16

hope that makes sence and the link works if not i'll try to clarify more so...

10. Oct 26, 2011 at 5:27 PM
    covefrog08

Member:
    Vancouver Island- Canada
    Vehicle:
    devil horns, weather tech floor mats, Camo seat cover, window visors, premier deck w/ 6 speakers and sub, checker plate tool box, diff breather relocate, Mag light & Fire Extinguisher behind seat
    as long as you know how to 4by or are willing to learn and you have a good spotter (which with a bunch of other trucks spotters will be everywhere). you should be fine. the only mods i have a some 32" tires so as long as you dont have those small donut tires that come on the really small extra stock trucks that look so funny then you'll be ok. (not sure what those size are but they shouldn't be on trucks n sorry if i offended anyone) :notsure:

also if it's hammering down rain that weekend wheelin will be fun! but i don't know if i'll end up camping eather. but we will see closer to the date.

11. Oct 26, 2011 at 5:34 PM
    covefrog08

Member:
    Vancouver Island- Canada
    Vehicle:
    if you are planning on driving back to nanaimo that night you can go the way we come in which is probubly only hour 2 hours driving at a slow pace (you just don't take the scenic or 4by route) but id recommend someone driving out with you couse there are lots of rds that look the same. or you can take the paved way out but thats gona take alot longer... should be mostlly stocker friendly as long as you don't have bald tires. there is one spot i can think of that the long box trucks will drag a bit... ( if we go a scenic/ 4by route) but there is ways around, they are just boring :headbang:

12. Oct 26, 2011 at 8:42 PM
    neverstuck

neverstuck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vancouver Island
    Vehicle:
    13 DCLB sport
    slide-in camper, OME Nitros w 884's and Dakars, Michelin A/T2, Pro EFX heated towing mirrors, Timbren HD bumpstops, KB VooDoo bed rails and tailgate cap, ImMrYo rvm bracket, G-Tek Fab door sill protectors, Ultragauge, window visors, hood deflector, Wet Okole seatcovers, in-vehicle safe.
    That's what the hitch receiver's for!!

13. Oct 26, 2011 at 9:36 PM
    covefrog08

Member:
    Vancouver Island- Canada
    Vehicle:
    exactly! why else would you need a hitch on a truck except to keep your bumper safe :D and we don't have to go that way if someone doesn't want to chance it.

14. Oct 26, 2011 at 10:32 PM
    Tarik

Member:
    San Diego California
    Next time dude, I promise we'll do this again soon :thumbsup:

15. Oct 26, 2011 at 10:40 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    November 5th?

Hmm...Guy Fawkes Day...Building more of the fence...and one more year closer to death.

Enjoy your trail ride buggers.

16. Oct 27, 2011 at 1:35 PM
    DBP

DBP Stoked Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Victoria, BC
    Vehicle:
    '97 Ext. Cab 3.4L 4x4 Std.
    Rear Diff Breather, 4" Deckplate, 18" Magnaflow, 2.5"-ish spacer/block lift (I know I know, might do the 63" chevy's soon), Bush Guard rebuilt with Sch40 tubing, Custom 9 layer eggshell paint Greeny-Yellow, Eclipse Components up front getting 55rms/side and 8" sub will get 220rms (build in progress), two sets of snow chains? (unstoppable in the snow with those on!)
    Hey Guys!

I've been hanging around TW for a while now, learning, seeing lots and just made an account so I could join in with this!

So far I've got nothing planned for the 5th, apart from hopefully meeting a bunch of you and going for a drive! :bananadance: Count me in!

If any of you are interested in just exploring, there is a big maze of logging roads up around the back of Prevost in Duncan, some pretty cool views up there. I've never had any issues with active logging, just go on weekends, don't drive around with your music blasting, and be aware! Works for me! You can google maps the area, and see lots of the roads. I've only run into two or three locked gates while up in that area, bonus! Just an area for fun exploring

Count me in for the 5th!

17. Oct 27, 2011 at 3:25 PM
    NFK

NFK Death Technician

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Canada, BC, Vancouver Island, Victoria
    Vehicle:
    BLACK THUNDER
    Tiers 33/11.5 tiers Mickey Thompson,Wheels Mickey T Side Bitters 17” 3” Rev Tech Lift,Added Leaf Spring,Black Projector Headlights CCFL Halo’s / HID’S Blacked out tail light Mod,Grill craft Grill Top and Bottom Hella 500 Behind Gril,FJ40 1986 Toyota Land Cruiser Emblem Front Grill K&N Air Filter,TRD Emblem Lower Grill Bottom Right,Toyota Bug & Stone Deflector Toyota Skid Plate Rhino Lined,WeatherTech Window Visors AVID Step Up Sliders,Bushwhacker Pocket Style Fender Flares Key Hole Plugs Colour Matching,Tacoma Bed MattRear,Tailgate Anti-Theft Mod ( Key Hose Clamp) Leer 100XQ Canopy,Semi De-BadgedPainted Remaining Badges (black) FA-series Short Stubby Antenna Length: 8" TRex Eyelids,Wet Okole TRD Seat Covers Charcoal And Black With Center Console And Rear Pockets With TRD Emblem logo WeatherTech Floor Mats,48 LED Blue Dome Light

hey i like this guy..... hes in ;)

18. Oct 27, 2011 at 8:34 PM
    covefrog08

Member:
    Vancouver Island- Canada
    Vehicle:
    This is going to be fun :). I grabbed a bunch of old fir 2x4s from a Reno we are doing right now so the fire will be epic providing the weather stays nice!

19. Oct 28, 2011 at 1:07 PM
    Tarik

Member:
    San Diego California
    Glad you've joined us man!
    These logging roads sound good! :thumbsup:

20. Oct 29, 2011 at 10:48 AM
    DBP

DBP Stoked Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Victoria, BC
    Vehicle:
    '97 Ext. Cab 3.4L 4x4 Std.
    Rear Diff Breather, 4" Deckplate, 18" Magnaflow, 2.5"-ish spacer/block lift (I know I know, might do the 63" chevy's soon), Bush Guard rebuilt with Sch40 tubing, Custom 9 layer eggshell paint Greeny-Yellow, Eclipse Components up front getting 55rms/side and 8" sub will get 220rms (build in progress), two sets of snow chains? (unstoppable in the snow with those on!)
    Yeah, some pretty nice exploring can be done up there! Pretty great views of the Islands if you get high enough too. You can get to almost where that photo was taken in 2wd, (well more like 1wd because his diff locker wasn't working :() with a totally stock truck and average winter tires ('01 PreRunner). I had to tow him up one last steep hill with a bunch of drainage ditches, that he had to slow down for, and would spin his single tire. But by the looks of it, not one of your trucks would even question the roads up there: :yay: *they are nice and wide, so no pinstriping either

(not sure if this photo link will work or not... It is just a photo showing the roads/view in one spot)

[​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top