Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

From who did you get your lift kit??

Old 11-05-2011, 08:58 AM   #1
Remster is on a distinguished road
Name: Remi
Remster's Tacoma Gallery
From who did you get your lift kit??

hey lads ive been looking up the site for a while to get a lift kit. I emailed toytec for a price for the ome 3inch suspension and some uca`s but i had to pay 295$ for shipping. I rather put that 300 on some lights or whatever. Where would be a good place to order from?? let me know what you think. thx
Old 11-05-2011, 09:05 AM   #2
sdtag is on a distinguished road

sdtag's Tacoma Gallery
I got mine at Fat Bob's in Utah.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:06 AM   #3
kieth is on a distinguished road
kieth's Tacoma Gallery
baja north
Old 11-06-2011, 09:20 AM   #4
squamish VFR will become famous soon enoughsquamish VFR will become famous soon enough

Canadian Coast Guard: Auxiliary volunteer
Name: Mike
squamish VFR's Tacoma Gallery
North shore off road in N Vancouver. Billstein 5100's at 2.5" and OME Dakar spring packs for the rear. At 3" you should not need the UCA's ...
Old 11-06-2011, 09:21 AM   #5
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I got my full OME kit through Cap-it and ordered my LR UCA's from Toytec .
Old 11-06-2011, 11:53 AM   #7
Dustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Dustyroades's Tacoma Gallery
I ordered my new shocks and AAL from Toytec, shipping was only $122 to Ontario.

Edit: Sorry I didn't realize you are ordering a full OME kit... the new coils will definitely add some shipping weight compared to what I got.
Old 11-06-2011, 03:08 PM   #8
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustyroades View Post
I ordered my new shocks and AAL from Toytec, shipping was only $122 to Ontario.

Edit: Sorry I didn't realize you are ordering a full OME kit... the new coils will definitely add some shipping weight compared to what I got.
It's the Dakar leaf packs that really kill you in shipping
Old 11-06-2011, 06:10 PM   #9
Sketchydrifter is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
Sketchydrifter's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Remster I noticed you're in the Ottawa area. There's a place in Gatineau, Action Performance, that have very competitive prices and do good work.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:57 PM   #10
Banff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
Banff2007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remster View Post
hey lads ive been looking up the site for a while to get a lift kit. I emailed toytec for a price for the ome 3inch suspension and some uca`s but i had to pay 295$ for shipping. I rather put that 300 on some lights or whatever. Where would be a good place to order from?? let me know what you think. thx
I just ordered the complete OME suspension including the Dakar leaf pack from ARB Canada and shipping was $123 to Alberta. They are in Quebec so I imagine it will be cheaper to Ontario. Hope that helps you.

P.S. They were very good to deal with as well. Ask for Tony if you call them.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:15 PM   #11
Remster's Tacoma Gallery
Lift

hey thanks for replying guys!!! i will check it out soon. cant wait to get it done.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:16 PM   #12
Remster's Tacoma Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketchydrifter View Post
Hey Remster I noticed you're in the Ottawa area. There's a place in Gatineau, Action Performance, that have very competitive prices and do good work.
I will go see what they have good to say. thx again
Old 11-07-2011, 01:35 PM   #13
Remster's Tacoma Gallery
uca`s

Quote:
Originally Posted by squamish VFR View Post
North shore off road in N Vancouver. Billstein 5100's at 2.5" and OME Dakar spring packs for the rear. At 3" you should not need the UCA's ...
i have check with a few guys and they all say i need those uca`s to keep my alignment. Getting confuised...there is so many ways to lift up a truck lol. I just want to do it right the first time. let me know thx.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:02 AM   #15
squamish VFR will become famous soon enoughsquamish VFR will become famous soon enough

Quote:
i have check with a few guys and they all say i need those uca`s to keep my alignment. Getting confuised...there is so many ways to lift up a truck lol. I just want to do it right the first time. let me know thx.
To each his own. My listed set up aligned with no issue but represents the upper end of what's possible without UCA's. The higher you go the worse the problem. UCA's are not a waste of money, if you are willing to spend it. Post pics when you are done!
Old 11-10-2011, 04:56 PM   #16
Remster's Tacoma Gallery
For the rear should i put add-a-leaf for tsb springs or fuck that and put the dakar kit?? i would like a full 3inch front to back. Some guy told me most of the guys who get the Ome they just add-a-leaf and a spacer...is a spacer a good idea? let me know i want to make sure to order the right stuff. thx
Old 11-11-2011, 08:56 AM   #17

Quote:
For the rear should i put add-a-leaf for tsb springs or fuck that and put the dakar kit?? i would like a full 3inch front to back. Some guy told me most of the guys who get the Ome they just add-a-leaf and a spacer...is a spacer a good idea? let me know i want to make sure to order the right stuff. thx

I used the Dakar pack as the PO didn't get a single TSB done so I had the three leaf pack not the four leaf pack. Although some say the seven thin leaf Dakar pack is more smooth as it flexes I be you could just use the AAL. More important is the shocks; I used the bilstein rears made for 3" of additional lift (different part #) but still had them topping out going over speed bumps. I couldn't return them and shock extensions were not readily available so I built my own out of M20 bolts (my work has a metal lathe YAY!).

IMO if it's a pavement queen with the odd dirt road go with the AAL. If your going hard core doing stuff you need a spotter for spend the money on the good stuff. I was just looking for the rear to stop bottoming out when I put a bag of popcorn in the back, room for bigger tires and not have the front mud flaps grind every speed bump in the parking lot. I did all my own work and the parts were about $1200 Canadian.
Good luck!
Old 11-11-2011, 02:04 PM   #19
MMMMM Taco's
Taco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
Some dude on Tacomaworld.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:43 PM   #20
pmo will become famous soon enoughpmo will become famous soon enough

pmo's Tacoma Gallery
anyplace in eastern canada supply lift kits etc??