Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

Dec 3rd Vancouver Island Drive #2

Old 11-07-2011, 08:35 PM   #1
Tarik will become famous soon enough

Tarik's Tacoma Gallery
Dec 3rd Vancouver Island Drive #2

Due to popular demand and a really fun and successful first drive, here's the check-in for drive #2!

When:
December 3, 2011

Who:
1. Tarik
2. NFK
3. DBP
4. Taco13
5. coverfrog08
6. Syncros

Where:
Dan recommended some great logging roads that went up high in the mountains, with views to Salt Spring, etc. We'll refine this location as we get closer to December 3rd.

Victoria pre-drive meet location:
Victoria people or anyone in this area meet at 8am at the Tim Horton's near the Home Depot Shopping Plaza (739 McCallum Dr, Victoria, BC V9B 6A2, Canada ).

Teaser:
Old 11-07-2011, 08:42 PM   #2
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmmm.....
Old 11-07-2011, 09:12 PM   #3
Toyotaholic
Crusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrusher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Crusher's Tacoma Gallery
Doesn't look like we can make this one, Tarik.
My son's Cadet Corps has a bottle drive that day, I need to volunteer, as this will help pay the bill for him to go to France next spring for a battlefield tour.
Sue and I had a riot Saturday, has been awhile since we've just gone wheeling for the sake of wheeling, not fishing or hunting or whatever.
I guess someone else will have to beat their Taco for entertainment.
All those nasty thumps from beneath and no damage, I was under there with the hose today, all checked out good. Scraped a lot of paint off the bottom of the step bar on that root though
Thanks for setting this up, we met a good group of people and look forward to getting together again. I'll attach a few photos that Sue took...
Mike
If anyone has some shots of my truck I'd like to see them!
Attached Thumbnails
Dec 3rd Vancouver Island Drive #2-nov-11-tacoma-run-1.jpg   Dec 3rd Vancouver Island Drive #2-nov-11-tacoma-run-2.jpg   Dec 3rd Vancouver Island Drive #2-nov-11-tacoma-run-5.jpg   Dec 3rd Vancouver Island Drive #2-nov-11-tacoma-run-7.jpg   Dec 3rd Vancouver Island Drive #2-nov-11-tacoma-run-10.jpg  

Dec 3rd Vancouver Island Drive #2-nov-11-tacoma-run-12.jpg   Dec 3rd Vancouver Island Drive #2-nov-11-tacoma-run-16.jpg   Dec 3rd Vancouver Island Drive #2-nov-11-tacoma-run-18.jpg  
Old 11-08-2011, 12:06 AM   #5
Death Technician
NFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Cpl / Second Battalion / Princes Patrica Canadian Light Infantry (PPCLI)
Name: Nick
NFK's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to NFK
i was thinking about have a way to get a hold of the Island Tacos better so when we have runs come up, people wont just hear through the grape vine or just by mistake come across it, i was thinking that we either have a facebook page group page so whe can send out groupe messages/invites or start a Vancouver island BS thread on here and when we decide for meets/runs/mod days we can send out a mass email and ask who is in..... thoughts?
Old 11-08-2011, 10:04 AM   #7

Tarik's Tacoma Gallery
We ran in to a few other Tacos up there. One must have been your buddy.

Tacoma World is the largest Tacoma community in the world, so it's presence is good for rounding up people.
It definitely worked last time as we had a great turnout, and that doesn't include people who knew about the run but couldn't make it (like you ). Some people, like Mike, don't spend too much time on a PC or Facebook - they just drop in here, see the title and browse the thread for info on the run and show up. It's easy and the info can be accessed without membership and from any pc or mobile device.
I've used TW and other forums in the past to do this before and it works very well. I'd say give this a try and if it doesn't work lets look for some other option but right now, it's working...also, putting these runs in a BS thread will lose them in an ocean of posts no one can find/reference.

Mike-I'm open to suggestions on dates but with the holidays coming, it's going to be tough fitting a free weekend for everyone. Let's leave the 3rd in here (even this is tough for me as my family is coming in to town that weekend) and see what kind of turnout we can get before we change the date.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:46 AM   #8
Wife Beater is on a distinguished road
Wife Beater's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Really jelous.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:10 AM   #9
Death Technician
NFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Cpl / Second Battalion / Princes Patrica Canadian Light Infantry (PPCLI)
Name: Nick
NFK's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to NFK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik View Post
We ran in to a few other Tacos up there. One must have been your buddy.

Tacoma World is the largest Tacoma community in the world, so it's presence is good for rounding up people.
It definitely worked last time as we had a great turnout, and that doesn't include people who knew about the run but couldn't make it (like you ). Some people, like Mike, don't spend too much time on a PC or Facebook - they just drop in here, see the title and browse the thread for info on the run and show up. It's easy and the info can be accessed without membership and from any pc or mobile device.
I've used TW and other forums in the past to do this before and it works very well. I'd say give this a try and if it doesn't work lets look for some other option but right now, it's working...also, putting these runs in a BS thread will lose them in an ocean of posts no one can find/reference.

Mike-I'm open to suggestions on dates but with the holidays coming, it's going to be tough fitting a free weekend for everyone. Let's leave the 3rd in here (even this is tough for me as my family is coming in to town that weekend) and see what kind of turnout we can get before we change the date.

i agree for the dates, if worse comes to worse we could add a pole and see what th elarger number is for dates
Old 11-08-2011, 11:40 AM   #10
Stoked Member
DBP is on a distinguished road

Name: Dan
DBP's Tacoma Gallery
I'm currently good for the 3rd! (But I freelance, so if I get a big enough job that weekend, I'll have to decide between the two...)

Here is the google map of where I suggested we go. There is nothing at all as wild as last weekend at all, you seriously could drive most of these roads in a 2wd van if it had enough ground clearance. So maybe we want to try something tougher? There is a sweet little path I saw going off Mt. Sicker road, that was pretty straight, but would deffs bring out the flex'n in our trucks. Could be fun for whoever wants to try it! I'm going camping up near there Thursday night with a few friends, (going to be freeeeeeeezing), so maybe I'll try out that little trail, take some photos, and report back on how it was.

Here is the google map of where I suggested we go:
http://maps.google.com/?ll=48.862004...h&z=15&vpsrc=6
Old 11-08-2011, 01:44 PM   #12

Tarik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFK View Post
sounds good brew, im down for anything as long as i get out of the house and see some nice sights
Roger that.
I'm down with the map you sent Dan - looks open and has lots of options for trails for eveyone at every level.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:18 AM   #16

Tarik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco13 View Post
Tarik, sign me up for the 3rd. No question marks please!!

I for all, I agree with Tarik regarding adopting another means of communication. We should stick with what we are using now, and what works. Having said this, i must confess to being a bit of a re-tard with how this site works. How do you guys send the email messages I've received?
You're in
You can PM another member on the site by clicking on their name and then click on "send member private message".
Just come back to this thread to get an update on what's going on. I'll always update the first post so it's easy to follow the plan.
Tarik
Old 11-09-2011, 11:38 PM   #18
Bmans5 is on a distinguished road
Bmans5's Tacoma Gallery
unfortunately Shaw is working my 'blank' off, so until the new year slow down my weekends are boned, and the rule is...you make hay when the sun is shining, or in my case you get as many installs in as you can so you make money to pay for the truck.
take lotsa pics though....that way I can check them out.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:36 AM   #20
swollen member
covefrog08 is on a distinguished road

covefrog08's Tacoma Gallery
i finally posted a bunch of pictures of our last run in the Nov. 5th page http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/can...ml#post4023772

i'm also in for the trip on the 3rd. hopefully we can find some snow. no camping this time for me as i wana keep my truck light! bottoms out all the time! NEED lift..