Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

Where are Bilsteins manufactured?

Old 12-02-2011, 06:25 PM   #1
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Where are Bilsteins manufactured?

Anyone know where Bilstein 5100's and Eibach Coils are Manufactured? For these to be duty free coming north to Canada(according to NAFTA) they must be manufactured in North America. I would love to know about this before I order them.

Thanks
Old 12-02-2011, 06:32 PM   #2
jammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant future

Name: James
jammdogg's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to jammdogg
Bilstein is a German Company, but not sure if the manufacture them there or not....They do have a factory in Ohio I think.

Eibach is a separate company. They also have US Facilities, but again, cannot see if the manufacture here.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:36 PM   #3
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Call the vendor where you want to purchase from and ask them what's shown on the box / label, and make sure they clearly identify the country of origin in the customs declaration.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:39 PM   #4
Throughhonor is on a distinguished road

Marines: 2/25 Garden City NY
Name: Ryan
Throughhonor's Tacoma Gallery
I just got billies in the mail and the box says "made in the USA" not sure about the eibachs either though
Old 12-02-2011, 06:39 PM   #5
Throughhonor is on a distinguished road

Marines: 2/25 Garden City NY
Name: Ryan
Throughhonor's Tacoma Gallery
I just got billies in the mail and the box says "made in the USA" not sure about the eibachs either though
Old 12-02-2011, 06:58 PM   #6
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I requested the manufacuring info and a shipping quote from Toytec a few days ago, but haven't heard back. I figured this post might give a quicker answer

Thanks for the Bilstein confirmation. Eibachs anyone??
Old 12-02-2011, 07:15 PM   #7
brad88nl is on a distinguished road
Name: Brad
brad88nl's Tacoma Gallery
I ordered my 5100's from Essex Distributors, located in BC. Shipping was quick and cheap. As for the cost of the 5100's, it worked out to be about the same as ordering them across the border.

On a side note, the remainder of my Toytec Ultimate kit was purchased through Silverwood Toyota in Alberta. It seems to be one of the only Canadian places that Toytec will deal with here in Canada.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:47 AM   #8
huang is on a distinguished road
Navy: ET1 seperated
huang's Tacoma Gallery
I think they are manufactured in San Diego CA Scrips Poway parkway.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:49 AM   #9
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by huang View Post
I think they are manufactured in San Diego CA Scrips Poway parkway.
I don't think they're manufactured there, I think that's just their US headquarters or something. Could be though...