Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

Off road or auxiliary light laws

Old 12-27-2011, 10:00 PM   #1
96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

96Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Off road or auxiliary light laws

I recently got some IPF 968csg lights for my truck. Someone told me these lights are illegal unless you have covers on them? Or over 55w u need covers. Or they are illegal full stop.

I've seen plenty of trucks all over Canada with these PIAA or hella lights on their trucks so I am not sure.

If u know what the laws are in Alberta for after market lights that would be great.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:03 PM   #2
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

98_Mud_bug's Tacoma Gallery
we have quite a few canaduh members on here, im sure somebody will chime in soon. I aint got a clue lol
Old 12-27-2011, 10:10 PM   #3
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Here in california i believe u need covers on your lights i dont have covers for mine i would just cover em up if they came with covers, an if u dont have covers i would carry around some old socks incase u get pulled over and throw the socks over em my buddies did that coming out of the desert so he wouldnt get a ticket.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:11 PM   #4
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SocalMan22 View Post
Here in california i believe u need covers on your lights i dont have covers for mine i would just cover em up if they came with covers, an if u dont have covers i would carry around some old socks incase u get pulled over and throw the socks over em my buddies did that coming out of the desert so he wouldnt get a ticket.
really? even if they arent pointed high?
Old 12-27-2011, 10:12 PM   #5
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Doesnt matter if they are pointing down the need covers.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:12 PM   #6
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
Quote:
Doesnt matter if they are pointing down the need covers.
damn
Old 12-27-2011, 10:13 PM   #7
Founder Socaltacomas.com

But really all cops have different attitudes and to me its rare to hear of such a ticket unless u are driving with them down the road lol
Old 12-27-2011, 10:15 PM   #8
Firefighter:
Quote:
But really all cops have different attitudes and to me its rare to hear of such a ticket unless u are driving with them down the road lol
is this refering to all types of aftermarket lights? what if they are those hella 500 fog lights?
Old 12-27-2011, 10:18 PM   #9
Founder Socaltacomas.com

Thats a good question cuz i know they are driving lights as well another thing u can only drive with 4 lights on at a time headlights and fogs nothing else my buddy told me that when he got pulled over.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:19 PM   #10
Gots a Taco!
Series1000 is just really niceSeries1000 is just really niceSeries1000 is just really niceSeries1000 is just really nice
Series1000's Tacoma Gallery
As far as I know in BC, you are only allowed to have 2 driving lights and 2 additional lights (like fog lights) and all others must be covered whenever on a paved road.

The cops most likely will never ticket you, but they could.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:19 PM   #11
96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

96Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Ok the old sox trick might work. They have the mesh or guarding on the front of them so normal covers won't fit. I see so many trucks around here with no covers I just hope it's not illegal and I get a dick cop looking for something to ticket me on.

I also heard that as long as they are wired to only turn on with your high beam it's ok. Lots of conflicting info out there.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:19 PM   #12
Firefighter:
Quote:
Thats a good question cuz i know they are driving lights as well another thing u can only drive with 4 lights on at a time headlights and fogs nothing else my buddy told me that when he got pulled over.
huh. i just put some hella 500s on(non fog lights) because my stock head lights suck...
Old 12-27-2011, 10:21 PM   #13

96Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
When on some pretty remote hwys here in a Canadian blizzard it would be nice to have them on.

Not talking about fogs.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:29 PM   #14
Founder Socaltacomas.com

Yeah best advice i can give is just carry some covers if u have them or some homemade ones that will stay on the lights when u drive away.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:30 PM   #15
Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
x99999999999999

I have my blackout covers in the back.......just in case
do you use those lights on the road?
Old 12-27-2011, 10:31 PM   #16
Founder Socaltacomas.com

I do all the time lol i like seeing how bright and far my HIDs go lol but not with cars around.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:33 PM   #17
Firefighter:
Quote:
I do all the time lol i like seeing how bright and far my HIDs go lol but not with cars around.
I have mine adjusted level with my regular headlights.. i guess il just have to find out and see
Old 12-27-2011, 10:33 PM   #18
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i drive with my 4 kc lights on and my high beams quite alot down here, but where i live you can drive for 30 minutes to a hour and not pass anybody. so its nice lol and the deer here are stupid.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:34 PM   #19
Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98_Mud_bug View Post
i drive with my 4 kc lights on and my high beams quite alot down here, but where i live you can drive for 30 minutes to a hour and not pass anybody. so its nice lol and the deer here are stupid.
another reason i got the hellas
Old 12-27-2011, 10:38 PM   #20
98_mud_bug

they have a really bad habit of walking into the side of vehicles, i have been ran into quite a few times lol