Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

Ontario Etest

Old 01-01-2012, 03:44 PM   #1
grant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
grant99's Tacoma Gallery
Ontario Etest

Just curious if anyone from Ontario that has to deal with etests has headers, (long or short) that has changed/deleted any number of cats and if they have had any problems passing an etest?!

I'm contemplating headers with my exhaust upgrade and looking for info on what's going to cause issues. I'm going to run hi flow cats, but not sure how hard these trucks are pass
Old 01-03-2012, 05:28 PM   #2
grant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
grant99's Tacoma Gallery
No one in Ontario with a modified exhaust/cats?
Old 01-04-2012, 06:15 PM   #3
"Really, how hard can it be?" Jeremy Clarkson
elwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Neal
elwood's Tacoma Gallery
Grant , if you check the web site of sontt, their are a couple of guys that had changed the exhaust manifolds on 2nd gens. Alex was one and i believe Mike was the other. Mike is on here as Gylar and i am not sure of Alex's user name. You could try them.
Cheers
Old 01-05-2012, 06:55 AM   #4
Gatorstaco is on a distinguished road
Gatorstaco's Tacoma Gallery
I have the DTLT and reposition the O2 with a JBA exhaust. Not sure if it would pass an Etest( gov robbery). They are newer cars on the road from the production line that won't even pass an etest
Old 01-05-2012, 04:55 PM   #5
grant99's Tacoma Gallery
Ya don't get me started on etests, but was just curious.

Do you have the stk Y pipe? How do the long tubes sound? Some of the clips I've heard on YouTube of long tubes sound way to raspy for me
Old 01-05-2012, 06:58 PM   #6
Gatorstaco is on a distinguished road
Gatorstaco's Tacoma Gallery
They are a direct bolt on to the stock Y pipe. You need to relocate the O2. Got the kit from URD for the O2. http://www.urdusa.com/Exhaust-&-Head...qcanbaqfjeppc5
Old 01-05-2012, 07:14 PM   #7
grant99's Tacoma Gallery
ya I understand that they bolt right up, but wasn't sure if you chose a different y pipe, how do they sound with the stk y pipe? thats an option I was thinking of also
Old 02-09-2012, 04:55 AM   #9
grant99's Tacoma Gallery
correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the TRD exhaust just a "cat back" if so it should have no affect on emissions, just sound
Old 02-09-2012, 07:00 AM   #10
tombiosis is on a distinguished road

Name: T
tombiosis's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant99 View Post
correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the TRD exhaust just a "cat back" if so it should have no affect on emissions, just sound
That's right...should have no effect except the sound.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:56 AM   #11
valleyboy is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
valleyboy's Tacoma Gallery
I'm interested in modifying my 95 v6 w/a turbocharger in the bed,not commonly done but can't/won't spend the $ for a bolt on supercharger.

Has anyone in Ontario had trouble with Etesting a tacoma with any kind of
forced induction?
Edited to add that this will be a "mild" boost system with 7psi max that should stay within the ability of the stock ecu to handle re: timing & fuel flow etc,so a small turbo that spools up at a relatively low rpm.