Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

Trip to Bundy Hill Off-Road Park?

Old 01-03-2012, 03:37 PM   #1
bigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
bigmooze's Tacoma Gallery
Trip to Bundy Hill Off-Road Park?

Alright, so I've been wanting to check out this place for some time.

Sunny (Sunnyz AutoSports) here on TW is also from Windsor and is interested too.

The park is located in Jerome, MI. It's roughly 1hr45 to the park from Windsor.

Looks like the park is closed for the season now, but who would be up for a trip there in the Spring? I'm just putting the feelers out right now.

See here for the trail map: http://www.bundyhilloffroad.com/imag...OffroadMap.jpg
Old 01-03-2012, 06:05 PM   #2
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
DueNorth's Tacoma Gallery
You can count me in for a trip out there in the spring. I've always wanted to check that place out as well.

I'm sure I can rally a few guys from SONTT for the trip out there.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:12 PM   #3
bigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gylar View Post
You can count me in for a trip out there in the spring. I've always wanted to check that place out as well.

I'm sure I can rally a few guys from SONTT for the trip out there.
Good to hear. I'm a total novice where off-roading is concerned so you guys would be great to wheel with.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:45 PM   #4
Sunnyz Autosports is on a distinguished road

Name: Sunny
Sunnyz Autosports's Tacoma Gallery
Yes im so in for this trip, I'll have a few others too by then. Prob not toyotas, but good buddies of mine.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:23 AM   #5
Asphaltdirtman is on a distinguished road
Name: Jordan
Asphaltdirtman's Tacoma Gallery
I was just there on 1/1/12 and its a pretty neat place. I just wheeled my stock 05 tacoma around and it was a blast.

Mostly sand or pea gravel terrain. The best description is an old gigantic sand and gravel quarry. You can pick and choose your lines. Surprisingly alot of non lifted dd wheeling around. You need a flag and place to mount it.

Wide variety of terrain. They are open like the second weekend of the month during winter.
Old 01-18-2012, 06:23 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphaltdirtman View Post
I was just there on 1/1/12 and its a pretty neat place. I just wheeled my stock 05 tacoma around and it was a blast.

Mostly sand or pea gravel terrain. The best description is an old gigantic sand and gravel quarry. You can pick and choose your lines. Surprisingly alot of non lifted dd wheeling around. You need a flag and place to mount it.

Wide variety of terrain. They are open like the second weekend of the month during winter.
Thanks for the review. It's encouraging to read that stock trucks are able to enjoy it too. I've been getting used to my LSD over the past few weeks in smaller drainage ditches (traversing them, three-wheeling, flexing the truck etc.), ready for the trip. And my BFG AT's have proven their worth several times in the past few weeks .
Old 01-18-2012, 06:30 PM   #7
Poser Truck
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-19-2012, 05:39 PM   #9
Canadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kim
Canadian Girl's Tacoma Gallery
Can I come
Old 01-24-2012, 08:43 PM   #11

Well I'll be All-Pro'd up by then. Due to some a-hole cutting me off, have to get new bumpers. Was an easy choice what to buy. I'll be a little more ready now for this trip.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:30 AM   #12
Canadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kim
Canadian Girl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmooze View Post
Sure! Hey are you in Windsor? I was at the dealership yesterday and saw a blue X-runner, freshly washed.
Not mine sorry... I am east of Toronto and mine is parked for the winter....... trying to keep it pretty
Old 01-27-2012, 06:52 AM   #13
Here are some pictures taken from the trip.

The terrain ranges from the mild to the wild. My group had sas toyo on 39's. sas ford on 35's. dodge on 35's. sammy on 31's. ranger with 33's. stock x90 on 29's haha. and me on 245's. motley crue
Attached Thumbnails
Trip to Bundy Hill Off-Road Park?-bundy-hill.jpg   Trip to Bundy Hill Off-Road Park?-bundy-hill-2.jpg   Trip to Bundy Hill Off-Road Park?-bundy-hill-3.jpg   Trip to Bundy Hill Off-Road Park?-bundy-hill-4.jpg  
Old 01-31-2012, 08:25 AM   #14
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Now thats some mud! Is that park always like that? As hard as it is sometimes, i try and avoid mud as much as possible.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:23 PM   #15
That was just like the low spot of the quarry where the water drained to. Where the ranger got stuck was like a silt runoff. I met some locals and they said its usually not that muddy.
Old 01-31-2012, 04:01 PM   #16

Oh ok, thanks for the info. Looking forward to playing around there for the day.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:07 AM   #17

What would you all think of for going the long weekend in may? Im def going before that, but would like to get a big group out that weekend too.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:50 AM   #18

Most likely i'll be wheelin up north during that long weekend. But before that would work just fine for me.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:14 AM   #19
Off-road Enthusiast
4x4 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Information Systems Technician
Name: Chris
4x4 Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I just went to Bundy Hill for the first time yesterday, there is about 400+ acres, Plenty of trails from beginner to pro. My advice is make sure you know thats on the other side of anything you climb and stay away from seemingly small mud holes... I found myself stuck in 3ft of water when I went (I used to like mud, not anymore). There is a good mix of mud, trails and rocks... so whatever you are looking to do or not do, you will still have a GREAT time. Going back again today. I will post some pictures later.