1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Trip to Bundy Hill Off-Road Park?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by bigmooze, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Jan 3, 2012 at 3:37 PM
    bigmooze

bigmooze [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Belle River, ON
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 access cab SR5
    Bilstein 5100's all round (0" up front with stock springs), 265/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, K&N 63 Series Aircharger Kit, Flowmaster Super 44 Muffler, Delta Champion Toolbox, fog lights, back-up lights, Sirius satellite radio with PA15-TOY, Midland 1001z CB radio with 2' Firestik II antenna, Weathertech floor mats, AVS sill protectors, Marathon SuperHides Seatcovers (Universal Digital Camo), trimmed front mud flaps, Viair 20005 OBA, Warn W650D driving lights and W650F fog lights on N-Fab light bar, Hi-Lift X-treme jack with off road accessories, TracRac "TracONE" system
    Alright, so I've been wanting to check out this place for some time.

Sunny (Sunnyz AutoSports) here on TW is also from Windsor and is interested too.

The park is located in Jerome, MI. It's roughly 1hr45 to the park from Windsor.

Looks like the park is closed for the season now, but who would be up for a trip there in the Spring? I'm just putting the feelers out right now.

See here for the trail map: http://www.bundyhilloffroad.com/images/maps/2011BundyHillOffroadMap.jpg

2. Jan 3, 2012 at 6:05 PM
    DueNorth

DueNorth Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2014 BSP TRD Sport DCSB 6sp
    You can count me in for a trip out there in the spring. I've always wanted to check that place out as well.

I'm sure I can rally a few guys from SONTT for the trip out there.

3. Jan 3, 2012 at 6:12 PM
    bigmooze

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Belle River, ON
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 access cab SR5
    Bilstein 5100's all round (0" up front with stock springs), 265/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, K&N 63 Series Aircharger Kit, Flowmaster Super 44 Muffler, Delta Champion Toolbox, fog lights, back-up lights, Sirius satellite radio with PA15-TOY, Midland 1001z CB radio with 2' Firestik II antenna, Weathertech floor mats, AVS sill protectors, Marathon SuperHides Seatcovers (Universal Digital Camo), trimmed front mud flaps, Viair 20005 OBA, Warn W650D driving lights and W650F fog lights on N-Fab light bar, Hi-Lift X-treme jack with off road accessories, TracRac "TracONE" system
    Good to hear. I'm a total novice where off-roading is concerned so you guys would be great to wheel with.

4. Jan 3, 2012 at 6:45 PM
    Sunnyz Autosports

Sunnyz Autosports Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sunny
    Windsor, Ontario
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma TRD Sport
    All-Pro front bumper, All-Pro rear bumper, All-Pro rear wrap around sides, 10000k hid's, Grillcraft grille, TRD badges, Devil horn emblem, Indash TV/DVD/Navi/Backup cam, Various Led lighting, Extang Trifecta cover.
    Yes im so in for this trip, I'll have a few others too by then. Prob not toyotas, but good buddies of mine.

5. Jan 18, 2012 at 9:23 AM
    Asphaltdirtman

Asphaltdirtman Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Central Ohio
    I was just there on 1/1/12 and its a pretty neat place. I just wheeled my stock 05 tacoma around and it was a blast.

Mostly sand or pea gravel terrain. The best description is an old gigantic sand and gravel quarry. You can pick and choose your lines. Surprisingly alot of non lifted dd wheeling around. You need a flag and place to mount it.

Wide variety of terrain. They are open like the second weekend of the month during winter.

6. Jan 18, 2012 at 6:23 PM
    bigmooze

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Belle River, ON
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 access cab SR5
    Thanks for the review. It's encouraging to read that stock trucks are able to enjoy it too. I've been getting used to my LSD over the past few weeks in smaller drainage ditches (traversing them, three-wheeling, flexing the truck etc.), ready for the trip. And my BFG AT's have proven their worth several times in the past few weeks :).

7. Jan 18, 2012 at 6:30 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
  8. Jan 18, 2012 at 6:36 PM
    bigmooze

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Belle River, ON
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 access cab SR5
  9. Jan 19, 2012 at 5:39 PM
    Canadian Girl

Canadian Girl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kim
    Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    07 X Runner
    Billet 5 piece Grille, Pink X-Brace, Pink Devil Horns, Stereo with Sub-X, short shifter, URD intake, Xii street drop, Vinyl custom interior dash,......... for now ;)
    Can I come ;)

10. Jan 19, 2012 at 6:13 PM
    bigmooze

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Belle River, ON
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 access cab SR5
    Sure! Hey are you in Windsor? I was at the dealership yesterday and saw a blue X-runner, freshly washed.

11. Jan 24, 2012 at 8:43 PM
    Sunnyz Autosports

Member:
    First Name:
    Sunny
    Windsor, Ontario
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma TRD Sport
    All-Pro front bumper, All-Pro rear bumper, All-Pro rear wrap around sides, 10000k hid's, Grillcraft grille, TRD badges, Devil horn emblem, Indash TV/DVD/Navi/Backup cam, Various Led lighting, Extang Trifecta cover.
    Well I'll be All-Pro'd up by then. Due to some a-hole cutting me off, have to get new bumpers. Was an easy choice what to buy. :) I'll be a little more ready now for this trip.

12. Jan 26, 2012 at 3:30 AM
    Canadian Girl

Canadian Girl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kim
    Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    07 X Runner
    Billet 5 piece Grille, Pink X-Brace, Pink Devil Horns, Stereo with Sub-X, short shifter, URD intake, Xii street drop, Vinyl custom interior dash,......... for now ;)
    Not mine sorry... I am east of Toronto and mine is parked for the winter....... trying to keep it pretty :)

13. Jan 27, 2012 at 6:52 AM
    Asphaltdirtman

Asphaltdirtman Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Central Ohio
    Here are some pictures taken from the trip.

The terrain ranges from the mild to the wild. My group had sas toyo on 39's. sas ford on 35's. dodge on 35's. sammy on 31's. ranger with 33's. stock x90 on 29's haha. and me on 245's. motley crue

Bundy Hill.jpg
    Bundy Hill 2.jpg
    Bundy Hill 3.jpg
    Bundy Hill 4.jpg

14. Jan 31, 2012 at 8:25 AM
    DueNorth

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    Now thats some mud! Is that park always like that? As hard as it is sometimes, i try and avoid mud as much as possible.

15. Jan 31, 2012 at 2:23 PM
    Asphaltdirtman

Asphaltdirtman Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Central Ohio
    That was just like the low spot of the quarry where the water drained to. Where the ranger got stuck was like a silt runoff. I met some locals and they said its usually not that muddy.

16. Jan 31, 2012 at 4:01 PM
    DueNorth

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    Oh ok, thanks for the info. Looking forward to playing around there for the day.

17. Feb 1, 2012 at 9:07 AM
    Sunnyz Autosports

Member:
    First Name:
    Sunny
    Windsor, Ontario
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma TRD Sport
    What would you all think of for going the long weekend in may? Im def going before that, but would like to get a big group out that weekend too.

18. Feb 1, 2012 at 10:50 AM
    DueNorth

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    Most likely i'll be wheelin up north during that long weekend. But before that would work just fine for me.

19. Sep 16, 2012 at 6:14 AM
    4x4 Taco

4x4 Taco Off-road Enthusiast

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Pensacola
    Vehicle:
    4x4 TRD Sport DCLB
    Heated Leather Seats, Train Horn, Hood Struts
    I just went to Bundy Hill for the first time yesterday, there is about 400+ acres, Plenty of trails from beginner to pro. My advice is make sure you know thats on the other side of anything you climb and stay away from seemingly small mud holes... I found myself stuck in 3ft of water when I went (I used to like mud, not anymore). There is a good mix of mud, trails and rocks... so whatever you are looking to do or not do, you will still have a GREAT time. Going back again today. I will post some pictures later.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top