Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

How many km's are you getting to a tank (2nd Gen)

Old 01-31-2012, 04:51 PM   #1
WheelinJ91 will become famous soon enough
Name: John
WheelinJ91's Tacoma Gallery
How many km's are you getting to a tank (2nd Gen)

Hey guys,

So im trying to figure out if my taco will be more or less fuel Efficient then my old ford.

So my 06' Ford Exploder had a 4.0 V6 Auto with a 82L tank i could go a little over 600km(highway) in the ford using cruse at about 125km/h

Im currently getting almost 400km to a tank if i recall in my 2012 TRD DCSB 6M.

In the end this wont be relavent once the mods start coming but it would be interesting to know what people are getting.

Info on gas type, driving conditions (highway/city), cruse, speed, and last is any mods such as front bumpers and what not causeing the rig to be heavy?
Old 01-31-2012, 05:57 PM   #2
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
Tons of discussion in this thread started by OZ....

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/can...-per-tank.html

On that, I get 425kms to a tank 75% city driving.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:16 PM   #3
khx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

khx73's Tacoma Gallery
Somewhere around 450 to a tank with the winter gas. 500+ on summer stuff. 91 octane. That's from full to just when the light comes on.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:11 PM   #5
swollen member
covefrog08 is on a distinguished road

covefrog08's Tacoma Gallery
haha well i'm a canadian driving an american truck :S so i get 360 miles... (579 km) winter gas summer gas, 87 or 91 doesn't maters same milage just the power change is noticeable. i drive a 08 reg cab 4 cyle and sometimes like i stole it
Old 01-31-2012, 10:52 PM   #6
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by squad314 View Post

Marc
Old 02-01-2012, 06:32 AM   #7
WheelinJ91 will become famous soon enough
Name: John
WheelinJ91's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by squad314 View Post

I will check this thread out, that seems to be what i am getting but during the summer i do way more highway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khx73 View Post
Somewhere around 450 to a tank with the winter gas. 500+ on summer stuff. 91 octane. That's from full to just when the light comes on.
Alright GTK, i figured it being winter and running around in RWD with having such a light rear end had something to do with it, ill be running 91 come spring time and have had a oilchange, i normally ran reg in the ford but whenever i used 91 i always got an improvment all around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khx73 View Post
Uh oh its a confused American... How'd he get in here?
He wanderd away from the pack...... My best quess

Quote:
Originally Posted by covefrog08 View Post
haha well i'm a canadian driving an american truck :S so i get 360 miles... (579 km) winter gas summer gas, 87 or 91 doesn't maters same milage just the power change is noticeable. i drive a 08 reg cab 4 cyle and sometimes like i stole it
Im going to say that running a 4 banger helps, i went with a V6 due to the fact that i want to put some bigger tires and other offroad equipment along with eventually a S/C
Old 02-01-2012, 06:45 PM   #8
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Marc

What's up OZ, Cheers buddy!
Old 02-02-2012, 02:35 PM   #9
tacomik is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomik is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomik is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomik is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomik is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomik is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomik is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomik is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomik is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomik is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomik is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
tacomik's Tacoma Gallery
Getting about 400-450 km per tank with Shell Gold, only was getting about 320-350 per tank with Chevron mid-grade. Truck runs for about 10 min a day total for warm-up. about 50/50 city/hwy. driving.
Mike
Old 02-02-2012, 03:55 PM   #10
newfie
conscript88 has a spectacular aura aboutconscript88 has a spectacular aura about
conscript88's Tacoma Gallery
4bangin out 7xx here
Old 02-02-2012, 04:08 PM   #11
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomik View Post
Getting about 400-450 km per tank with Shell Gold, only was getting about 320-350 per tank with Chevron mid-grade. Truck runs for about 10 min a day total for warm-up. about 50/50 city/hwy. driving.
Mike
Same
Old 02-02-2012, 04:51 PM   #12
grant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
grant99's Tacoma Gallery
about 275-350km per tank Shell 91. I gotta keep it outta boost, but its so hard!
Old 02-02-2012, 08:27 PM   #13
khx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

khx73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant99 View Post
about 275-350km per tank Shell 91. I gotta keep it outta boost, but its so hard!
Old 02-02-2012, 08:29 PM   #14

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant99 View Post
Um ya that sucks
Old 02-02-2012, 08:32 PM   #15
DrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DrewH's Tacoma Gallery
I get about 400-425 mostly city.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:33 PM   #16

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewH View Post
I get about 400-425 mostly city.
Is that when the light comes on?
Old 02-02-2012, 08:34 PM   #17
DrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DrewH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Is that when the light comes on?
Good point... no I don't let it go bone dry.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:37 PM   #18

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewH View Post
Good point... no I don't let it go bone dry.
I'm just asking cause my light comes on at about 425 kms and that's with the lift , Leer cap and E rated 275/70/17's
Old 02-02-2012, 08:39 PM   #19
DrewH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm just asking cause my light comes on at about 425 kms and that's with the lift , Leer cap and E rated 275/70/17's
I'm not sure I've ever seen the light on... I drive it harder than need be.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:41 PM   #20
DrewH's Tacoma Gallery
I should also mention I have a 6-speed.