Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

Canada and the U.K.

Old 02-02-2012, 07:39 AM   #1
alexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud of
Name: Eric
alexander323bc's Tacoma Gallery
Canada and the U.K.

Since your a sovereign country you have your own military. Since the queen of England is still your monarch does the U.K have any obligation to help you in case you get attacked? Or they will just be like thank you for spending all this money on us when we come to visit but nice knowing you!
Old 02-02-2012, 07:41 AM   #2
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander323bc View Post
Since your a sovereign country you have your own military. Since the queen of England is still your monarch does the U.K have any obligation to help you in case you get attacked? Or they will just be like thank you for spending all this money on us when we come to visit but nice knowing you!
haha. probably the latter(but who will wage war on Canada?)
Old 02-02-2012, 07:55 AM   #3
alexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Taco View Post
haha. probably the latter(but who will wage war on Canada?)
Quebec. Civil War with rogue french militia still bitter from word war 2 and Vietnam. second part of that is a stretch but the first 3 words are possible.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:57 AM   #4
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Quebec. Civil War with rogue french militia still bitter from word war 2 and Vietnam. second part of that is a stretch but the first 3 words are possible.
haha...you joke. A sovereign Quebec will never happen(this is a Francophone fantasy) Canada is more likely to become Islamic..
Old 02-02-2012, 08:13 AM   #5
With the way France is going with the Islamic community Quebec will be next
Old 02-02-2012, 08:20 AM   #6
Bush Pusher

You mean Canada will be next
Old 02-02-2012, 08:23 AM   #7
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Canada is part of the Commonwealth so if attacked , I believe the rest of the commonwealth countries are still bound to defend each other .

This is similar to why Canada was in WW1 and WW2 3 years before the US
Old 02-02-2012, 08:30 AM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Canada is part of the Commonwealth so if attacked , I believe the rest of the commonwealth countries are still bound to defend each other .

This is similar to why Canada was in WW1 and WW2 3 years before the US
Thanks OZ this must ever country except new guinea and Jamaica. I was doing some research for grad school and I thought tacoma world would be the most credible source
Old 02-02-2012, 08:42 AM   #9
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks OZ this must ever country except new guinea and Jamaica. I was doing some research for grad school and I thought tacoma world would be the most credible source
wut
Old 02-02-2012, 08:52 AM   #10
wut?
Old 02-02-2012, 08:59 AM   #11
Bush Pusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
wut
Yes Oz, you will be in the footnotes

All said, should the shit-hit-the-fan tomorrow, I am not entirely convinced the Commonwealth would necessarily be the impetus behind allying forces.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:02 AM   #12

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes Oz, you will be in the footnotes

All said, should the shit-hit-the-fan tomorrow, I am not entirely convinced the Commonwealth would necessarily be the impetus behind allying forces.
Just answering the original question
Old 02-02-2012, 09:36 AM   #13
elicitone is a jewel in the roughelicitone is a jewel in the roughelicitone is a jewel in the roughelicitone is a jewel in the rough
Law Enforcement: Constable
elicitone's Tacoma Gallery
In the 20's Canada was declared an "autonomous state" within the British Empire. This meant that no law could be passed in the UK and have power in Canada, without our Parliaments conscent.

The Canadians joined into WWI as part of the British Forces know as the Canadian Corps. (Duty of a member of the Commonwealth)

The government of Canada made their own choice to aid in the defense of the Commonwealth within weeks of the onset of hostilities of WW2.

In short no member of the Commonwealth has a obligation other then through honour to defend the others. Unless of course I don't have as firm an understanding of the Statute of Westminster as I think I do. Which is entirely possible...
Old 02-02-2012, 09:48 AM   #14

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by elicitone View Post
In the 20's Canada was declared an "autonomous state" within the British Empire. This meant that no law could be passed in the UK and have power in Canada, without our Parliaments conscent.

The Canadians joined into WWI as part of the British Forces know as the Canadian Corps. (Duty of a member of the Commonwealth)

The government of Canada made their own choice to aid in the defense of the Commonwealth within weeks of the onset of hostilities of WW2.

In short no member of the Commonwealth has a obligation other then through honour to defend the others. Unless of course I don't have as firm an understanding of the Statute of Westminster as I think I do. Which is entirely possible...
There you have it OP

/thread
Old 02-02-2012, 11:48 AM   #15
TRUCK YEAH
Saskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Saskquatch11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
haha...you joke. A sovereign Quebec will never happen(this is a Francophone fantasy) Canada is more likely to become Islamic..
francophones like our money too much to seperate from Canada.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:18 PM   #16
elictone thank you very much!!!!! I presumed it was just something out of honor if anything. Since the queen and the PM appoint your governor general I wasn't sure if he could organize troops or something. The parliment system is pretty intresting.