Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

Eastern Ontario Trail Day Feeler

Old 06-29-2012, 02:21 PM   #21
Forever at a crossroads
09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mylene
09_tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gylar View Post
Near Parry Sound...
Right on. Well both are within reasonable distance for me then.
Old 07-01-2012, 05:49 PM   #22
DirtyTaco24 is on a distinguished road

Name: Greg
DirtyTaco24's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzzr2 View Post
waking up this thread, i'm in ottawa and my truck needs some wheeling time

I live in Ottawa (pretty new) was wondering if there are any good places around here? I'm down for wheelin any time!
Old 08-06-2012, 05:51 PM   #23
Forever at a crossroads
09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mylene
09_tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Doesn't look this meet will happen any time soon. I'll be visiting a friend in the North Bay/Powassan are wed-fri. Doing my own thing during the day. Anyone in the area who wants to meet up let me know
Old 09-19-2012, 07:06 AM   #24
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
DueNorth's Tacoma Gallery
I do, why don't you come down to the Parry Sound or Bob Caygeon area to wheel?
Old 09-27-2012, 09:53 AM   #25
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I haven't. I live close to Kitchener so any wheelin' near Ottawa is a huge trip. If i'm going that far, i may as well spend a couple more hrs on the road and wheel Raush Creek.

I'd be down for a possible wheelin' trip to Lingham lake? Thats still a 5 hr drive for me tho.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:59 PM   #26
bellero is a splendid one to beholdbellero is a splendid one to beholdbellero is a splendid one to beholdbellero is a splendid one to beholdbellero is a splendid one to beholdbellero is a splendid one to beholdbellero is a splendid one to behold

Army:
bellero's Tacoma Gallery
Tagged for interest.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:13 PM   #27

Sorry man, I meant to respond to you a couple weeks ago. You definitely gotta share pics of said front bumper and sliders.

With regards to lingham, if im not mistaken Ontario trails close as of nov. 1st for the sleds. Since i'm working mandatory Saturdays I wont be able to make it that far. Unfortunately I'll have to wait till spring to get up there.

I'm pretty sure the guys over on SONTT are planning a trip out to bob caygeon for the last weekend of october. I do plan on hitting up that trail run since it'll be the last of the year for us. Could you make it to
that? It sure would be nice to wheel with another Taco. lol
Old 10-14-2012, 09:30 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzzr2 View Post
hey all good! here's a couple pics from last wknd, no actual wheeling pics of course... this is about 40-50k north east up the hydro line from lingham lk. the line these pics were taken on the line that runs to the north of the lake, i see the other line south of the lake also. the blue trd blew the rear diff about about 5 mins after this on a rocky hill so that cut things short..
the OFSC trails are good to be used as usual until the snow settles in as far as i know, so if a later time permits i'm still up for lingham.
i had a look as sontt today actually, saw the post about the 28th, i'd like to get out wheeling with some similar trucks for sure so i'm going to give it some thought. this wknd was a reminder of how things can go really bad and that is really far from home if i'm in spots where i really have to push the truck.
Yea, you definitely want to take it a little easier when you're that far from home. I'm in the same boat tho, wheelin for me means usually a 3+ hr drive but i always make sure to wheel with others just in case something happens.

I just signed up for the run on the 28th. Looks like theres a bunch of guys all ready to go (i'm the 20th guy) and it would be a great way for you to meet a bunch of the regular wheelers involved in SONTT. It sould be a great time but if you don't want to wheel your own rig, you could park it and ride along in my truck if you want....
Old 10-15-2012, 12:12 PM   #29

Absolutely. There's bypasses for most of the difficult spots. There will be quite a few stock rigs there and plenty of people to help spot you through anything you might be uncomfortable with.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:52 AM   #30
DD03SR5 will become famous soon enough

Name: Derek
DD03SR5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Absolutely. There's bypasses for most of the difficult spots. There will be quite a few stock rigs there and plenty of people to help spot you through anything you might be uncomfortable with.
hey just found this thread i guess i missed the meet lol. Im in stratford and i want to get into some wheeling. i guess im on hold till next year tho. just starting to set my truck up for some more offroad. you have any good place for getting parts in our area??
Old 10-31-2012, 09:54 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD03SR5 View Post
hey just found this thread i guess i missed the meet lol. Im in stratford and i want to get into some wheeling. i guess im on hold till next year tho. just starting to set my truck up for some more offroad. you have any good place for getting parts in our area??

No worries man, theres lots more meets next not to mention all the snow wheelin' we'll be doing soon enough. I'm from Woodstock and i know for a fact Stratford gets slammed during the winter time, if you're down for it lets go do some snow wheelin sometime! Theres only a few guys with Tacos in my area so the more the merrier.

As for parts, depends what you're looking for. Mostly everything i've got on my rig has been from the States.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:30 PM   #32

DD03SR5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No worries man, theres lots more meets next not to mention all the snow wheelin' we'll be doing soon enough. I'm from Woodstock and i know for a fact Stratford gets slammed during the winter time, if you're down for it lets go do some snow wheelin sometime! Theres only a few guys with Tacos in my area so the more the merrier.

As for parts, depends what you're looking for. Mostly everything i've got on my rig has been from the States.

Yeah we should definatley get out this winter!! I see you got you gears done but ECGS! How did the shipping go I got a quote from them $400 just for shipping my diffs there and back
Old 11-01-2012, 03:10 PM   #33

Quote:
Yeah we should definatley get out this winter!! I see you got you gears done but ECGS! How did the shipping go I got a quote from them $400 just for shipping my diffs there and back
Well as soon as we get dumped on, I'll be in touch. As for the gears, I actually didn't get them shipped. I had planned a trip down to myrtle beach and I had a little bit of business to take care of with Armor Tech Offroad so I just dropped the truck off at ECGS on my way down south.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:48 PM   #34

DD03SR5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well as soon as we get dumped on, I'll be in touch. As for the gears, I actually didn't get them shipped. I had planned a trip down to myrtle beach and I had a little bit of business to take care of with Armor Tech Offroad so I just dropped the truck off at ECGS on my way down south.
Ah sneaky, maybe I will have to be a bit patient and plan a trip down as well. Hopefully I can get my trd axle swapped in before the white stuff flies. This open rear is terrible in snow.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:27 PM   #35

Quote:
Ah sneaky, maybe I will have to be a bit patient and plan a trip down as well. Hopefully I can get my trd axle swapped in before the white stuff flies. This open rear is terrible in snow.
Yea that open rear definitely won't let you go anywhere fast lol. At least with our 2nd gen trucks with got Auto LSD so that helps a little bit. You really don't want to lock your rear axle driving down the road anyways, especially during the winter time. What about a LSD?
Old 11-02-2012, 03:35 AM   #36

DD03SR5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yea that open rear definitely won't let you go anywhere fast lol. At least with our 2nd gen trucks with got Auto LSD so that helps a little bit. You really don't want to lock your rear axle driving down the road anyways, especially during the winter time. What about a LSD?
The reason I went with the e- locker axle is. When it is open it will be very predictable on road, like hitting ice going 80 and I know the right rear tire is going to spin but I'm still in control. LSD might throw me sideways! And then I also have all the benefits of being able to have it completely locked