Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

Eastern Ontario Trail Day Feeler

Old 02-03-2012, 10:38 AM   #1
Kailey Jo will become famous soon enoughKailey Jo will become famous soon enough

Name: Liam
Kailey Jo's Tacoma Gallery
Eastern Ontario Trail Day Feeler

Come spring time when it starts to warm up a bit, is there any interest in an Eastern Ontario trail day?

I was thinking VMUTS : http://www.vmuts.com/

big enough for multi-day trails, but I was thinking more of a weekend deal.
Meets up, ride for the day, BBQ and beer, ride out.

Distances:
North Bay: 1 Hour
Pembroke: 2 hours
Ottawa: 4 hours

As for time of year, I was thinking around late March, or April.

Again, just a feeler, let me know interest.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:12 PM   #2
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
1hr drive isn't bad for me, def interested
Old 02-09-2012, 06:32 PM   #3
Forever at a crossroads
09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mylene
09_tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
That doesn't make sense. Thunder Bay is in the western part of the province. Pembroke and Ottawa are only 1.5 hours apart (well, my speed anyways). Did you do a typo and mean to write North Bay instead?
Old 02-09-2012, 06:34 PM   #4
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Probably right, cause I was trying to figure out why it's only an hr away and I'm never heard of it
Old 02-10-2012, 04:05 AM   #5
Kailey Jo will become famous soon enoughKailey Jo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09_tacoma View Post
That doesn't make sense. Thunder Bay is in the western part of the province. Pembroke and Ottawa are only 1.5 hours apart (well, my speed anyways). Did you do a typo and mean to write North Bay instead?
Yes I did mean North Bay

I also used the google maps speeds, but Ottawa is 300 km, Pembroke is 150 km.

We all known the speed limit on Hwy 17, but 3 and 1.5 hrs are much more reasonable times.
Old 02-10-2012, 04:58 AM   #6
Max's Canadian Twin

Still interested either way, have some fam/friends in North bay and it'd give me a reason to visit
Old 02-10-2012, 10:06 AM   #7
Forever at a crossroads
09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'm in. I'm 2.5 hours north of North Bay at the moment. Family scattered throughout the province.
Old 03-03-2012, 03:50 PM   #8
Forever at a crossroads

Any other interest pop up through pms or otherwise?? Have you asked the guys in southern ontario website if they'd be interested in making the trip north for a weekend?
Old 03-06-2012, 12:29 PM   #9

I put barely any effort into this after I made it, got sidetracked by that damn 'work' thing. SONTT is probably the way to go for this, maybe even just hop on one of their runs.
Old 05-26-2012, 03:46 PM   #10
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
DueNorth's Tacoma Gallery
We just had a guy come down from Ottawa to wheel with us in Parry Sound. If you wanna wheel with like minded people, join Sontt!
Old 05-27-2012, 06:43 PM   #11
Forever at a crossroads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gylar View Post
We just had a guy come down from Ottawa to wheel with us in Parry Sound. If you wanna wheel with like minded people, join Sontt!
I might join you guys if a ride happens during one of my turn arounds also. I'll be in New Brunswick the week that I'm off in june, depending on what rotations I choose to take I'd probably head down mid-late july. My UCA's and skid plate will be on by then too
Old 05-27-2012, 07:04 PM   #12
Max's Canadian Twin

I could use a wheelin' trip, a little far, but depending on when I'd make the drive
Old 05-28-2012, 03:40 PM   #13
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I got the first 3 weeks of in july so I definitely want to schedule a wheelin trip over that time frame. Preferably in the Parry Sound region. So if you guys want, we could figure out a trip that would work for all of us here on TW.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:27 PM   #14
Forever at a crossroads

I'll have to figure out what rotation I'll be adopting, mid July would be best for me as the first couple of weeks are usually pretty insane at work from month end overflow. I'll confirm dates soon.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:31 PM   #15
bzwarts is on a distinguished road

Name: brad
bzwarts's Tacoma Gallery
there are some nice roads that are like trailsaround the sharbot lake area. these roads are all kind of connected and there is cool stuff all over the place. sevral you even go through a giant culvert. just watch out for crazy rednecks toting guns lol. they do not like imports. also there is a uranium mine battle going on between natives and mine operators
Old 05-30-2012, 07:32 PM   #16
bzwarts is on a distinguished road

Name: brad
bzwarts's Tacoma Gallery
definiteley interest from me!!
Old 06-29-2012, 01:58 PM   #17
Forever at a crossroads

So my off rotation falls between July 17th and 23rd. Anything lining up for the weekend of the 20th-22nd??
Old 06-29-2012, 02:11 PM   #18

The boys in sontt were talking about a wheelin trip in either ardbeg or bob caygeon. I'd prefer Ardbeg myself by I'm down for anything.
Old 06-29-2012, 02:14 PM   #19
Forever at a crossroads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gylar View Post
The boys in sontt were talking about a wheelin trip in either ardbeg or bob caygeon. I'd prefer Ardbeg myself by I'm down for anything.
I've heard of Bob Caygeon, where's Ardbeg?
Old 06-29-2012, 02:20 PM   #20

Near Parry Sound...