Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

Rock Sliders In B.C.

Old 02-26-2012, 06:13 PM   #1
ToyTacoTRD is on a distinguished road

Name: Ron
ToyTacoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Rock Sliders In B.C.

I'm wanting to purchase a set of rock sliders for my 2012 Tacoma TRD access cab. Does anybody know where I could order some or get some manufactured in Canada, preferably in B.C.? I would like some that I could just bolt on, or is it better to have weld-ons? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for your time.
Cheers...
Ron
Old 02-26-2012, 06:22 PM   #2
rhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Robert
rhowell's Tacoma Gallery
You don't bolt sliders you weld them. Do you really need sliders? If not I would suggest nfab rails.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:00 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhowell View Post
You don't bolt sliders you weld them. Do you really need sliders? If not I would suggest nfab rails.
I had a look at the nfab rails and they just might work out fine. There is a shop in Kelowna that carry them and I'll contact them tomorrow. I haven't decided on the rock sliders as of yet. Thanks a lot...
Ron
Old 02-26-2012, 09:09 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben C View Post
Where abouts in BC are you from ToyTaco? If you're down in the lower mainland there's North Shore Off Road, Sport Trucks Unlimited, and Big Country Customs. Baja North I believe is in Kamloops. Could always check out a Cap It as well. I decided to order mine from Relentless Fab
Thanks for your input. I live in the sunny Okanagan. I'm checking into nfab rails and rock sliders and hopefully soon I can get one or the other installed. Did you get your sliders out of Relentless Fab in the US? If so, how much to get them into Canada, if you don't mind me asking? Thanks again...
Ron
Old 02-26-2012, 09:19 PM   #6
rhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rhowell's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyTacoTRD View Post
I had a look at the nfab rails and they just might work out fine. There is a shop in Kelowna that carry them and I'll contact them tomorrow. I haven't decided on the rock sliders as of yet. Thanks a lot...
Ron
The nfab are nice. Welcome from kamloops.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:25 PM   #7
Boost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to all

Name: Billy
Boost JuNkY's Tacoma Gallery
Try this one, might be worth it shipping wise.
http://www.trail-gear.ca/default.cfm...dcategoryid=16

There are several vendors on here that sells better ones with kick outs and bolts on but shipping will be costly.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:27 PM   #8
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You don't bolt sliders you weld them.
You can mount them either way
Old 02-26-2012, 10:29 PM   #9
TACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TACWUT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Y do people talk nonsense on here?
Old 02-26-2012, 10:30 PM   #10
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACWUT View Post
Y do people talk nonsense on here?
Already dealt with it
Old 02-26-2012, 10:37 PM   #11
TACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TACWUT's Tacoma Gallery
Alright Alright I was an a$$. Yeah dude, careful with welding on your frame if you care about that part of your warranty. I asked my dealer n he said go bolt on n then weld later. That's what im doing, prob. NFAB with optional/removable steps.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:39 PM   #12

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACWUT View Post
Alright Alright I was an a$$. Yeah dude, careful with welding on your frame if you care about that part of your warranty. I asked my dealer n he said go bolt on n then weld later. That's what im doing, prob. NFAB with optional/removable steps.
I meant you can bolt or weld sliders to the frame .

Nfabs bolt to the underside of the cab floor .
Old 02-27-2012, 06:18 AM   #13
tacomik is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomik is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomik is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomik is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomik is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomik is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomik is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomik is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomik is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomik is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomik is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
tacomik's Tacoma Gallery
I've got a set from CBI OFFROAD (site vendor), nothing but great things to say about their product and service A+. I tried for about 2 months to order a set from another site vendor, but he was terrible about communication, even though I was relentless about contacting him, I went with CBI and haven't looked back. I've got a bolt-on set and they're plenty strong, no deflection whatsoever when jacking the truck from the rails.
Just my .02...Mike
Old 02-27-2012, 08:39 AM   #14

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomik View Post
I've got a set from CBI OFFROAD (site vendor), nothing but great things to say about their product and service A+. I tried for about 2 months to order a set from another site vendor, but he was terrible about communication, even though I was relentless about contacting him, I went with CBI and haven't looked back. I've got a bolt-on set and they're plenty strong, no deflection whatsoever when jacking the truck from the rails.
Just my .02...Mike
Did you have to drill , or factory holes ?
Old 02-27-2012, 08:58 AM   #15
V-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

V-TRAIN's Tacoma Gallery
i have some demello square sliders. mine bolt on, i had to get someone to put it on a lift though. i tried to drill it myself, but but the time you put the bit on the drill it was almost touching the ground. i was impossiable to put enough force behind the drill to get it thru the metal. i even tried a heavy duty angled drill. i just was not able to get under it enough to apply enough upward force. i just took it to shop and they did it for $40 bucks. it was worth it.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:28 AM   #17
tacomik is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomik is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomik is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomik is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomik is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomik is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomik is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomik is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomik is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomik is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomik is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
tacomik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Did you have to drill , or factory holes ?
Used Factory holes on the side of the frame, had to drill some on the bottom...
Old 02-27-2012, 11:01 AM   #18

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomik View Post
Used Factory holes on the side of the frame, had to drill some on the bottom...
Cool , thanks
Old 02-27-2012, 08:50 PM   #19
Bogg is on a distinguished road
Bogg's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Bogg
Check out Baja North. See what they have to offer or can bring in for you. Yeah, ordered my plate bumper and sliders from Relentless Fab down in the US. Going on a summer road trip to pick them up when they're ready. Cuz I'm going to pick them up I never asked about shipping. Normally I just have stuff shipped to parcel places close to border then drive down to pick them up. Hope this helps
Old 02-28-2012, 11:25 AM   #20
rhowell's Tacoma Gallery
Just to clarify my comment. I know that sliders can be bolted on but that being said if you are going to be doing the type of driving that justifies this type of purchase then you completely defeat the purpose by bolting them on.