1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone from sunshine coast or been there?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by toyotafanboy, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Mar 3, 2012 at 11:47 PM
    toyotafanboy

toyotafanboy [OP] Member

Member:
    Anyone from sunshine coast in BC or been there? There's a job opportunity as an install tech there but I'm not sure what it's like there around Sechelt and Gibsons. I'm from Vancouver so will have to relocate and rent a place.

Looks like that area is more for vacation and retirement. Median age 50+ and I'm 28 so probably no friends in my age group. :rolleyes:

2. Mar 4, 2012 at 1:48 AM
    1989supraturbo

1989supraturbo Well-Known Member

Member:
    British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB TRD 6 Spd MGM
    That's just across the water from me.

What kind of installing is it? I used to do stereo/alarm work but even in the Vancouver area, companies were having a hard time and I worked for two that went under and vanished. I was like Fuck it i'm joining the military

3. Mar 4, 2012 at 8:10 AM
    squamish VFR

squamish VFR Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Squamish B.C. Canada
    Vehicle:
    '06 tacoma 4door shortbox
    Bilsteins set at 2.5" OME Dakar rear leaf packs, FJ manual TC conversion, basket winch front and rear, hidden hitch in the front behind licence plate. Spyder headlights, tailgate seals.
    I grew up in Pender Harbour to the north. It is what your info say it is. There is work in the building trades mainly for the boomers retiring. If you're into the outdoors there's stuff to do. Im not sure what you'd like to know? Boating is big. There are logging roads but you'll tap them out in one summer if you are a keener. Most feel "trapped" by the ferry, others feel "protected" by it. Does this help? Specifics about the job?

4. Mar 30, 2012 at 8:38 PM
    toyotafanboy

toyotafanboy [OP] Member

Member:
    It's Install and repair for cable company. I think involves phone and TV. Anybody work in telecom industry?

Products Discussed in

To Top