Notices

Favorite Taco Winter Tire

Old 12-07-2012, 01:41 PM   #41
xjoex is on a distinguished road
Name: Joe
xjoex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post

What kind of steel wheel is that? that is just what I am looking for to mount some artic claws on my 12 taco.

-Joe
Old 12-07-2012, 02:42 PM   #42
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
For those with Blizzak's, particularly DM-V1's, what PSI do you run?

Mine are in 265/65/17, on DCSB.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:40 PM   #43
marystowner is on a distinguished road
marystowner's Tacoma Gallery
I have toyo observe gsi 5, they are awesome
Old 12-07-2012, 09:50 PM   #44
New frame on order.
b0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shed

b0ules's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kryten View Post
For those with Blizzak's, particularly DM-V1's, what PSI do you run?

Mine are in 265/65/17, on DCSB.
Running 265/70-16 DM-V1s. Pronounced wear down middle of tread on the rear tires with too much air pressure (34-36psi). Running 34 front, 32 rear to try and alleviate that now. Going on season 3 now and they're holding up extremely well - still like new condition with at least 30000km on them I would guess.

Also now that I've got an Ultragauge, I've got a 'service interval' timer set for every 5000km for a tire rotation which should also help with that odd wear on the rear.

All in all, I've been pretty impressed with their snow and ice performance.

Cheers,
Marc
Old 12-07-2012, 10:06 PM   #45
taczilla is on a distinguished road

Name: Marc
taczilla's Tacoma Gallery
I run Cooper AT3's year round. 265/70/17, 10 ply (E), because I tow equipment and a dump trailer. I also drive through fields, down logging roads and such, so I need the sidewall protection as well.

Nice smooth ride, great traction and bullet proof.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:25 PM   #46
Hippynotions is on a distinguished road
Hippynotions's Tacoma Gallery
Goodyear ultra ice is what i have on my 2012 tacoma first winter tires ive ever owned unreal on ice thats why i got them road driving in saskatoon/ saskatchewan can be icy as hell government doesnt clean the roads i havent had any issues with them in deep snow/ on the lake when ice fishing they handle like your driving on concrete through the turns and braking
Old 01-22-2013, 09:35 PM   #47
New frame on order.
b0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shed

b0ules's Tacoma Gallery
The DM-V1s have saved my ass more times than I care to count this winter, and we're only half way through. Deep snow, ice, black ice, slush. You name it, they've been awesome and continue to impress me by finding traction where it just shouldn't exist.

And currently running 34/31 front/rear. Pretty damn even wear.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:46 AM   #48
canucktacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: mike
canucktacoma's Tacoma Gallery
gottruck in dec(2008)4cyl 2w acc cab,standard 15"trying a set of sailun(snows)on steel rims,,so far not bad,quiet,decent in snow we've had so far.quite reasonable in price,will give more info after this season,,200# in bed as well,,
Old 01-29-2013, 11:21 AM   #49
tirekicker
vicali has a brilliant futurevicali has a brilliant futurevicali has a brilliant futurevicali has a brilliant futurevicali has a brilliant futurevicali has a brilliant futurevicali has a brilliant futurevicali has a brilliant futurevicali has a brilliant futurevicali has a brilliant futurevicali has a brilliant future

Name: mike
vicali's Tacoma Gallery
Bought a set of Blizzak dm-v1 after driving in the first few snows with dueler A/T revo2. I got 255/70R17, a little taller and skinnier than the 265.65R17 Revo2.

They have been great. We travel all through the interior of BC during the winter, and I don't worry about conditions much with these on. They are great for snow/slush/ice on highways and roads.

If I get out more offroad into fresh snow I would look for something like the Duratracs, but for now these are turning out to be a great choice.