Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

WTF? 17 stickys?

Old 04-16-2012, 06:11 PM   #1
Yeah, there's a TSB for that!
DrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DrRabbitFurHead's Tacoma Gallery
WTF? 17 stickys?

Really? Do we need 17 stickys on the main page? I have a freakin' 21" monitor and have to scroll down to see the first post.

I'm all for solving all of life's problems... like squeeky leaf springs, etc... but come on!

BTW... ~6 years of ownership on my 2006 and I just turned 51,000 miles today. Time for new Hawk LTS front brake pads (just to stay on topic).
Old 04-16-2012, 06:14 PM   #3
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
lol why is this in 2nd gen?

instead of site suggestions?

but otherwise, there'd be one hundred and fifty million different threads daily about 2nd gen problems....
Old 04-16-2012, 06:22 PM   #4
DrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
lol why is this in 2nd gen?

instead of site suggestions?

but otherwise, there'd be one hundred and fifty million different threads daily about 2nd gen problems....
This is totally on topic... I'm talking about front brake pads and ~6 glorious years of ownership!
Old 04-16-2012, 06:28 PM   #5
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
mine went 140k
Old 04-16-2012, 06:32 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airun View Post
mine went 140k
WTF? 140K? Do you do a Fred Flintstone foot-brake stop or what?
I live in the mountains, go offroading, tow and haul lots of stuff... Brakes are at 4mm and I'm on the OEM fluid so why not spend the $70 at TireRack.com and do the swap?

Is this thread sticky worthy yet?
Old 04-16-2012, 06:35 PM   #7
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
No one reads the suggestions lol.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:39 PM   #8
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRabbitFurHead View Post
WTF? 140K? Do you do a Fred Flintstone foot-brake stop or what?
I live in the mountains, go offroading, tow and haul lots of stuff... Brakes are at 4mm and I'm on the OEM fluid so why not spend the $70K at TireRack.com and do the swap?

Is this thread sticky worthy yet?
Basically. I commute through county paved roads 20 miles to work and make it a goal to use my brakes as little as possible. Often this yields over 21 mpg as well. Offroad maybe 6 times a year and have an older truck for firewood duty and heavy haul'n.

I wish I had mountains nearby (lowers head and sulks).
Old 04-16-2012, 06:52 PM   #9
Broseph Stalin will become famous soon enough

Name: Justin
Broseph Stalin's Tacoma Gallery
so uh...whats a stickey?

ill save you guys the time and just call myself a rookie
Old 04-16-2012, 06:59 PM   #10

Airun's Tacoma Gallery
You mean a stinky?
Old 04-16-2012, 07:03 PM   #12
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
'cause good info.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:08 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOC View Post
'cause good info.
Over the last 6 years there have been TONS of good info that could/should be stickys.

TOKU's lift thread.
The sticky that combined dozens of stickys.
The TSB list sticky.

And tons more!
Old 04-16-2012, 08:00 PM   #15
Broseph Stalin will become famous soon enough

Name: Justin
Broseph Stalin's Tacoma Gallery
cool, thanks guys you really answered my question
Old 04-16-2012, 08:04 PM   #16
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Why is this in the Health section?

Shouldn't it be in the Florida section?

That's where we throw all the useless crap.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:12 PM   #17
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
Why is this in the Health section?

Shouldn't it be in the Florida section?

That's where we throw all the useless crap.
it started in second gen
Old 04-16-2012, 09:15 PM   #18
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
cool, thanks guys you really answered my question
A sticky is a thread filled with good info that gets stuck at the top of a forum section so you don't have to go searching for it.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:18 PM   #19
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
The TW Staff have reviewed this thread and have decided to make this a sticky, so as to keep as a reminder of too many stickies....
Old 04-16-2012, 09:19 PM   #20
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
The TW Staff have reviewed this thread and have decided to make this a sticky, so as to keep as a reminder of too many stickies....
Fucking gold