1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ordered a Tacoma in Calgary on Feb 18, 2012. Anyone have info on wait times?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by LemmerZ, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Apr 18, 2012 at 10:24 AM
    LemmerZ

LemmerZ [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle:
    '12 TRD Sport Trail Teams
    Hello everyone, Ryan here from Calgary. It's nice to be a part of the Canuck forum.

I recently purchased a 2012 Toyota Tacoma from a dealership in Calgary, but at the time they did not have the truck I wanted in-stock. As a result, I put an order in on February 18, 2012. Does anyone have an idea of when I can expect to take possession of my vehicle? Is a wait time of over two months normal?

Hope to hear from some of you.

Take care.

2. Apr 18, 2012 at 10:38 AM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    Which dealer did you get it through? Heninger, Canyon Meadows, Country Hills?

PS - Welcome to the money pit.

3. Apr 18, 2012 at 12:11 PM
    LemmerZ

LemmerZ [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle:
    Hahaha, glad to be here. I purchased it at Charlesglen... it's quite the hike from my place.

4. Apr 18, 2012 at 12:15 PM
    Krazie Sj

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    I bought mine off a Hyundai Dealership in Edmonton if you want to talk hikes. :p

What colour did you get?

Also, if they are making it from scratch because it's a custom order they haven't got in stock I can see it taking a little longer. I presume you've contacted the dealer to see what kind of ETA they have on it?

5. Apr 18, 2012 at 12:18 PM
    LemmerZ

LemmerZ [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle:
    Ya, that is quite the hike. But who doesn't like a nice drive to the City of Champs? (Lived there most of my life).

The colour of my Taco is Spruce Mica. When I initially purchased the truck I was given a two to two and a half month ETA. Any idea where they build these things? Overseas I am guessing? As you can probably tell, my patience is growing thin, ha ha.

6. Apr 18, 2012 at 12:55 PM
    Krazie Sj

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Wait till you actually get the truck. You'll wonder how you managed to wait for so long!

That's a really nice colour. If I didn't get Silver, that Green would be my next choice for sure!

They're built in California and Mexico. But I believe Canadian Taco's are made in California. The Beds are made in Canada and Mexico.

7. Apr 20, 2012 at 8:17 PM
    khx73

khx73 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Saint John NB, CAN
    Vehicle:
    11 MGM DCLB TRD Sport +leather
    Rear camera anytime switch, 4x4 Illuminated Switch (from rcbs204) , rear view mirror lift bracket (from ImMrYo), 75 cent tailgate anti-theft. Technically not mods but give me a break I'm trying to fill space here... OEM Leather pkg, keyless unlock & ACC chime silence, BakFlip G2, Ultra Gauge EM, WeatherTech floor mats, OEM roof rack
  8. Apr 24, 2012 at 11:18 AM
    CalgaryRider

CalgaryRider Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shayne
    Cranbrook, BC
    Vehicle:
    09 Access Cab SR5
    2009 Tacoma SR5 Too many to list, but its a SR5 with a TRD Sport Heart
    Nice, Welcome!

I got my truck from Charlesglen and had great service there.

I had about a month wait on my truck, as they are made in California. You actually ordered my truck on my bday.

There is a group of us in Calgary, you should come out when you get the truck!

9. Apr 29, 2012 at 7:48 PM
    Ryanv

Ryanv Toyota Technician

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Vehicle:
    15 4Runner
    They are made at TMMTX Texas and 2 and a half months sounds about right if they are building it from scratch. It could be less if they can locate and trade for one with the options you want.

10. May 3, 2012 at 12:27 PM
    LemmerZ

LemmerZ [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle:
    Just heard that my truck was serialized on the 27th of April. Apparently it's now being shipped, by rail, from San Antonio to Vancouver, and then by rail from Vancouver to Calgary. This mode of transport is approximately 5 to 6 weeks... I think people used to travel the Oregon Trail by oxen pulled buggy faster then that.

Products Discussed in

To Top