Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

Ordered a Tacoma in Calgary on Feb 18, 2012. Anyone have info on wait times?

Old 04-18-2012, 10:24 AM   #1
LemmerZ is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
LemmerZ's Tacoma Gallery
Ordered a Tacoma in Calgary on Feb 18, 2012. Anyone have info on wait times?

Hello everyone, Ryan here from Calgary. It's nice to be a part of the Canuck forum.

I recently purchased a 2012 Toyota Tacoma from a dealership in Calgary, but at the time they did not have the truck I wanted in-stock. As a result, I put an order in on February 18, 2012. Does anyone have an idea of when I can expect to take possession of my vehicle? Is a wait time of over two months normal?

Hope to hear from some of you.

Take care.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:38 AM   #2
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Which dealer did you get it through? Heninger, Canyon Meadows, Country Hills?

PS - Welcome to the money pit.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:11 PM   #3
LemmerZ's Tacoma Gallery
Hahaha, glad to be here. I purchased it at Charlesglen... it's quite the hike from my place.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:15 PM   #4
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I bought mine off a Hyundai Dealership in Edmonton if you want to talk hikes.

What colour did you get?

Also, if they are making it from scratch because it's a custom order they haven't got in stock I can see it taking a little longer. I presume you've contacted the dealer to see what kind of ETA they have on it?
Old 04-18-2012, 12:18 PM   #5
LemmerZ's Tacoma Gallery
Ya, that is quite the hike. But who doesn't like a nice drive to the City of Champs? (Lived there most of my life).

The colour of my Taco is Spruce Mica. When I initially purchased the truck I was given a two to two and a half month ETA. Any idea where they build these things? Overseas I am guessing? As you can probably tell, my patience is growing thin, ha ha.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:55 PM   #6
Resident Jackass

Wait till you actually get the truck. You'll wonder how you managed to wait for so long!

That's a really nice colour. If I didn't get Silver, that Green would be my next choice for sure!

They're built in California and Mexico. But I believe Canadian Taco's are made in California. The Beds are made in Canada and Mexico.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:17 PM   #7
khx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

khx73's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to the forums LemmerZ!

That wait time seems a bit long.. I think I waited maybe 3 weeks. But like Krazie said if its a custom order..who knows? It'll all be worth it though!!

Saw this article today online.. from Calgary:
http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/ca...973/story.html

Don't forget to secure that tailgate
Old 04-24-2012, 11:18 AM   #8
CalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shayne
CalgaryRider's Tacoma Gallery
Nice, Welcome!

I got my truck from Charlesglen and had great service there.

I had about a month wait on my truck, as they are made in California. You actually ordered my truck on my bday.

There is a group of us in Calgary, you should come out when you get the truck!
Old 04-29-2012, 07:48 PM   #9
Toyota Technician
Ryanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Ryanv's Tacoma Gallery
They are made at TMMTX Texas and 2 and a half months sounds about right if they are building it from scratch. It could be less if they can locate and trade for one with the options you want.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:27 PM   #10
LemmerZ's Tacoma Gallery
Just heard that my truck was serialized on the 27th of April. Apparently it's now being shipped, by rail, from San Antonio to Vancouver, and then by rail from Vancouver to Calgary. This mode of transport is approximately 5 to 6 weeks... I think people used to travel the Oregon Trail by oxen pulled buggy faster then that.