Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

Alberta tire HAH

Old 05-09-2012, 08:55 AM   #1
perchie15 is on a distinguished road
Name: Joey
perchie15's Tacoma Gallery
Alberta tire HAH

Hey canadian guys just wondering what kind of tire i should put on my tacoma 4x4, i do mainly highway and maybe like 10% offroad if that, so really i need a tire that will last awhile, i been looking at the Motomaster total terrain A/T2, and the Goodyear Silent armor, so let me know if these are good tires, and feel free to add your own suggesting thanks
Old 05-09-2012, 05:38 PM   #2
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Michelin LTX MS2. Fantastic highway tire, amazing in rain bar nothing else. Very quiet, last forever and not bad in snow. (Very very heavy siping.)
Old 05-09-2012, 07:06 PM   #3
whiteynut has much to be proud ofwhiteynut has much to be proud ofwhiteynut has much to be proud ofwhiteynut has much to be proud ofwhiteynut has much to be proud ofwhiteynut has much to be proud ofwhiteynut has much to be proud ofwhiteynut has much to be proud ofwhiteynut has much to be proud ofwhiteynut has much to be proud of
whiteynut's Tacoma Gallery
I was running 265's on mine. Switched to Wild Country 235/85/R16 M&S last fall. Minimal wear after 10K on my heavy half chev and 15K on the Tacoma. Most of my driving is highway too and found a big improvement for traction on the winter roads. If you can get past the skinny look (I don't have a lift), you'll save about 10% on the tire bill in your tire of choice. You'll gain about 3% in tire size as well.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:21 AM   #4
Really well the Michelin sounds great but I'll check them out after work thanks . Any more anybody?? Hows the Michelin in sum mud??
Old 05-10-2012, 12:35 PM   #5
xxnikkixx85 has a spectacular aura aboutxxnikkixx85 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Nikki
xxnikkixx85's Tacoma Gallery
hands down hancook all terrains
Old 05-10-2012, 12:38 PM   #6
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxnikkixx85 View Post
hands down hancook all terrains
I have the Hankook ATm's , good all around tire
Old 05-14-2012, 11:49 AM   #7
Bump ^^^
Old 05-14-2012, 11:51 AM   #8
Cash127 is on a distinguished road

Name: Mike
Cash127's Tacoma Gallery
I just ordered my tacoma and I'm getting BFG AT KO's put on it. 285/75- 16's though

From what I've seen in reviews and from people I know that have them they're a really good tire with long life. Minimal road noise too apparently.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:23 PM   #9
96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

96Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash127 View Post
I just ordered my tacoma and I'm getting BFG AT KO's put on it. 285/75- 16's though

From what I've seen in reviews and from people I know that have them they're a really good tire with long life. Minimal road noise too apparently.
Probably one of the best all terrain tires ever. Can put some serious miles on them. In Canada I like the softer Duratracs for obvious reasons.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:28 PM   #10
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by perchie15 View Post
Really well the Michelin sounds great but I'll check them out after work thanks . Any more anybody?? Hows the Michelin in sum mud??
Nothing but a mud terrain will do any good in mud.

I've also run the BFG. Good tire, not as good in the rain or the winter roads but better in more moderate offroading conditions. However they only come in E load in the size you want which will make your ride seem like that of a tank FYI.