Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

Calgary Roll Call

Old 08-25-2013, 09:08 PM   #441
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Which parking lot is best for baja-ing in?

And I beg to differ. If you want to know the wrong way of doing something, I got your one stop shop right here baby. Just a phone call away.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:49 PM   #442
freeze has a brilliant futurefreeze has a brilliant futurefreeze has a brilliant futurefreeze has a brilliant futurefreeze has a brilliant futurefreeze has a brilliant futurefreeze has a brilliant futurefreeze has a brilliant futurefreeze has a brilliant futurefreeze has a brilliant futurefreeze has a brilliant future
freeze's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
Yup. 07 access cab. Once you get a booster seat I'm there instead of the full sized reclining child car seat it makes a big difference. If you get the pimped out Version of the car seats, generally the less room you have to work with cause they're so big and bulky.
That is definitely something I'll have to keep in mind for the next car seat! All these things I'm learning which is pretty exciting. I'm looking forwards to his neck getting a little stronger to get him on the trails It's possible the Rubicon might be his first trip

One of these days Serg I'll have to check out your setup for ideas. It's hard to fully visualize how it'll work out. I'm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbeggins View Post
I'm going to chime in on this Gear Shop business as well. I can honestly say after the last experience I had, I WILL NOT be shopping there again. I was told the All Pro order was to come in within 1-2 weeks from placing the order. ( I ordered June 29th) I then found out that All Pro was at the FJ summit meet and no one was in the office to take care of orders. Ok, I can understand that....BUT! 8 weeks had gone by, with nothing. " O your order is on its way, it should be here by the end of the week". After the 7 week mark I took matters into my own hands, and called All Pro myself to find out where my headlight hoops were.
Hi Tanner, I completely understand your frustration. Although I was out of the office quite a bit with the birth of new family member during that time, I understand the pallet was held up with some items which were on back order. We also had issues with our wires since their move to their new location which also delayed them from ordering parts for that pallet.

From my understanding you were provided with two options, and correct me if I'm off on this, 1) was to pay extra for expedited shipping which was in the ball park of $35 to get the light hoops up in 3 days. Full shipping for this type of expedite is $60-$70 (sometimes more). 2) Wait for our next pallet we ship to arrive which normally takes 2 weeks depending on whats in stock and no errors from the manufacturer. Sometimes it's nailed on the head and others times it takes forever.

My understanding is you had spoken to a new employee at All-Pro who didn't have information on our pallet. The person that would have the information is Kurtis as he's our contact for these types of orders.

Quote:
So after talking with All Pro on the phone and 100% knowing my stuff is still at their warehouse, I then went to TGS to find out where it was. "Its at the border"....
When you were making the phone calls to All-Pro, it was at the boarder and had arrived the next day after you had requested a refund. Which I'm not sure where the confusion was, perhaps it was due to the new All-Pro rep was unsure about the shipment. That unfortunately I can't comment on as I wasn't on the call with you and All-Pro.

Quote:
That was the tipping point for me, and decided to withdraw my order and get my money back. After receiving a phone call and voice mail from All Pro saying the sole reason why your stuff is still here, has nothing to do with us.... At the 8 week mark I was told the order had JUST been placed and finally went through.
We had sent the PO (Purchase Order) for your items the following Wednesday after you had paid as this is our ordering schedule. You're welcome to come in to the shop and we can go over all the paperwork with you.

Quote:
I would be a lot more kind hearted about this situation if I was told the TRUTH about the order. Instead, to keep customer business I was continually told its on its way and should be here shortly.
I apologize if you feel as though the truth wasn't told in this case. From what I understand the confusion may reside with the new employee at All-Pro. Speaking with Kurtis may have lead to a completely different outcome.

Quote:
Now dont get me wrong, The Gear Shop is a great place to get parts. I have purchased many parts from you guys, but unfortunately after my last experience, I cannot say "customer service" is top notch. Business is business, and at the end of the day I can look back at the situation as a learning experience, and say to myself...it is what it is. I do realize The Gear Shop is still in its "progression" stage, but in order to progress a business, customer service comes first.
You're absolutely correct, and this is a learning moment for us as well. Currently I've started implementing a system to maintain communication with our clients to keep them in the loop on delays and complications which do occur on a regular basis. It's up to us to unsure it's smooth on the clients side. Like in this scenario it sounds like it wasn't the case and I apologize for this.

We do whatever it takes (and this is where all the stress resides) to ensure our clients receive their products. There was a time when our client in Alaska needed a Baja Rack on a specific date (3-4 weeks). There was a manufacturing delay and this was going to affect our client and it was going to seriously hinder his departure date for his overland trip. We had air freighted his rack to Alaska from Baja Rack on our dime as we promised we'd come through for his build. Although we didn't foresee manufacturing delays, we were the buffer to ensure it arrived to him.

Although your situation wasn't the best, and I apologize, from what I understand there was a choice to have it expedited on it's own shipment with The Gear Shop paying for half the expedite shipping costs.

Quote:
All the best in the future with The Gear Shop and its progression!

No hard feelings
Thank you Tanner! None at all. Hopefully we get to see your awesome red Tacoma in the near future! I'm stoked The Gear Shop was able to help with your build till that point. It's been a favourite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeeno403 View Post
I still say check out The Gear Shop and make your own decisions on the quality of their service! Freeze couldn't be a better person to deal with. And lets not forget not one person knows everything there is to know about wheeling and the whole range of parts. The only thing the Gear Shop is missing is about 3 more Nathans and it would be a super power haha. Much Love.

Serge get your BAJA on!
Thank you Ryan! Yes I would love to clone myself and we did start with a rock and a stick... We started to help 4WD owners have access to amazing products from the US and soon world. Right now it's Crista (started not knowing anything but could file and answer the phone) and myself. As we grow I hope to add more people and knowledge to The Gear Shop.

hahaha... thanks bud.... wish I had super power

.... Serge yes... get your baja on! Long Travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
Yes. Nathan is great to deal with at the gear shop. Timely to get my quotes back to me, and even calls me back after hours.
I like calling you back after hours for another completely different reason. JK

I appreciate the feedback... it's a long process and like Tanner mentioned... it's a growing process. Each day it's getting better and better. I would like to thank our clients of The Gear Shop as they've been very supportive all-round and it's very exciting helping people build their 4WD's for rocks, snow, dirt, and gravel

Do PM me if you have questions about The Gear Shop and want to do your due diligence. You're always welcome to request a consultation as well with me by calling the shop!
Old 08-25-2013, 10:49 PM   #443
LOW.LIGHT.WIDE
mrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tanner
mrbeggins's Tacoma Gallery
Hi Nathan,

You are correct that I was quoted for expedited shipping. It was in the ball park of $60 and I was told at least a week maybe more until it arrives. Now had I been told that the gear shop would have paid for half the expedited shipping, I would have 100% went that route as I needed them ASAP for the fitment of the 35's and knowing where I needed to cut the front bumper.

That is why I opted to wait, as again I was told the shipment was suppose to arrive within the next 2 weeks from ordering anyways.

As for speaking with the new All Pro employee, all I asked from him was to walk to the back and check to see if the headlight hoops were still sitting on the pallet. And they were. At week 6

As for the phone call's with All Pro, it was brought to my attention that just the previous day, the order had just been paid for by the gear shop and the shipment had left the day before I came in. Now weather or not speaking with the right person at AP would have made the difference with my decision to withdraw my order...I dont know. I was more upset about the fact that every time I came in, I was told "its on its way". Had I been told, your order is still at AP, they are experiencing problems on their end with manufacturing and we probably wont see it for another 5-6 weeks, I would have been a lot more satisfied.

I appreciate your input and congratulations on the new born!
Old 08-25-2013, 10:58 PM   #444
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LT is on. Only took me 10 hours by myself. And 2 extra hours with my moral support for a total of 11.

Additionally I pretty much only talk to Kurtis when I call all pro. There's a reason for that. All my shit is on time and done right.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:58 AM   #445
Cash127 is on a distinguished road

Name: Mike
Cash127's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiveOn View Post
The TW Coffee Meet So far (Copy and paste the past the list and add yourself if you are coming)

1. ChiveOn
2. Clash127
3. Fuse (Maybe)
4. Banff2007Tacoma (Maybe)
V. Krazie Sj (Maybe)
6. Reeeno403 + posse (Maybe)

Potentially a buddy from Toyota coming with their custom Tacoma

Well go with the Cougar Ridge Starbucks as they have a big parking lot and are central to most of Calgary.

I saw Nathan's Tacoma (from CT4WD) last night, it looked absolutely amazing as always. Did he sell it yet? I love the expedition rigs I see in this city!
I'm going to have to back out of the meet. Something has come up with work and I won't be able to make it. Sorry.

I will be watching for the next one though.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:17 AM   #446
City Slickin' Redneck, I wear a suit with a mullet
ChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
ChiveOn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
LT is on. Only took me 10 hours by myself. And 2 extra hours with my moral support for a total of 11.

Additionally I pretty much only talk to Kurtis when I call all pro. There's a reason for that. All my shit is on time and done right.
Wouldn't 10 + 2 be a total of 12? So when are those UCA coming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash127 View Post
I'm going to have to back out of the meet. Something has come up with work and I won't be able to make it. Sorry.

I will be watching for the next one though.
No worries, if everyone else is a maybe then I think we should reschedule it for a better date so we can have a bigger turn out.

Canada needs an equivalent to Expedition Expo.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:46 PM   #447
Resident Jackass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiveOn View Post
Wouldn't 10 + 2 be a total of 12? So when are those UCA coming?

No worries, if everyone else is a maybe then I think we should reschedule it for a better date so we can have a bigger turn out.

Canada needs an equivalent to Expedition Expo.
There's a reason I'm in medicine. I don't do math...

It was actually 13 hours total.

UCA's are out my man. Like I said, if 4nik8r doesn't want them they're yours. (He's got first dibs. Feel free to fight him to the death for them though.)

Shizam!

As for the Gear Shop, I think people need to realize that it's a brand new entity. Until they get their feet under them, they have to get your order and bring it in. When they've become more established they'll have a lot more stock in stock. Regarding shitty customer service, I can't help you there. Everytime I've talked to the GearShop I've received extremely prompt attention and answers. Again, part of this is a learning experience for them. I think too many of us are used to companies like All Pro who have been around for years and got this shit nailed down to a science. Just remember back to when you first started your job the first year how green you were. Would you want people shitting on you for learning? Now if they've been around for 5 years and still making greenhorn mistakes; by all means shit away. But you have to remember there's how many people running the Gear Shop, doing this for pretty much the first time.

Now in the interest of full disclosure I haven't ever actually ordered anything from the Gear Shop (I get all my crap second hand from the rest of the CT4WD guys who upgrade. Only thing I've bought new is a Skid Plate, LED lights and 2 sets of tires. OME lift, UCA's, ARB, All Pro rear and my All Pro Long Travel, all second hand.) but to iterate, every time I've talked to both Nathan and Crista I've been impressed with the prompt, polite service I've received.

And as someone who works with the public on a daily setting I can tell when people are actually putting 110% into the work/conversation or just coasting by, telling me what I want to hear. The people at the Gear Shop are most definitely not the latter.

I don't believe that they'd be deliberately trying to fuck people over and outright lie to them for the sake of a single sale. That's not how you bring back repeat customers and especially when they're so new. It's not like they can rest on their laurels and let their good name coast them through. They're still working on that.

Anywho, I'm off my soap box.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:07 PM   #448
Fuse is one of the sharper tools in the shedFuse is one of the sharper tools in the shedFuse is one of the sharper tools in the shedFuse is one of the sharper tools in the shedFuse is one of the sharper tools in the shedFuse is one of the sharper tools in the shedFuse is one of the sharper tools in the shedFuse is one of the sharper tools in the shedFuse is one of the sharper tools in the shedFuse is one of the sharper tools in the shedFuse is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Fuse's Tacoma Gallery
Just got back from Montreal. I think I'll be missing the meet tonight....

Need a couple days of detox hahaha.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:02 AM   #449
Resident Jackass

All depends on how my truck is. I lost a caliper bolt yesterday and its currently jury rigged with another bolt I happen to keep in my tool kit.

If it's still giving me issues, I'll have to bail. So I'm still tentative.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:59 PM   #450
redsonja is one of the sharper tools in the shedredsonja is one of the sharper tools in the shedredsonja is one of the sharper tools in the shedredsonja is one of the sharper tools in the shedredsonja is one of the sharper tools in the shedredsonja is one of the sharper tools in the shedredsonja is one of the sharper tools in the shedredsonja is one of the sharper tools in the shedredsonja is one of the sharper tools in the shedredsonja is one of the sharper tools in the shedredsonja is one of the sharper tools in the shed

redsonja's Tacoma Gallery

It's alive
Old 09-04-2013, 01:42 PM   #452
Canehdianman is on a distinguished road
Canehdianman's Tacoma Gallery
*peeks around corner*

Am I allowed in here if I drive a 2005 Tundra? Sort of a brother from another mother?

I've been debating trading my Tundra in for a 2014/2015 double cab Taco so I started lurking over here.

Old 09-04-2013, 05:45 PM   #454
Resident Jackass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canehdianman View Post
*peeks around corner*

Am I allowed in here if I drive a 2005 Tundra? Sort of a brother from another mother?

I've been debating trading my Tundra in for a 2014/2015 double cab Taco so I started lurking over here.

You wouldn't be the first nor the last. Welcome!
Nice V8!
Old 09-06-2013, 11:25 PM   #455
Fuse is one of the sharper tools in the shedFuse is one of the sharper tools in the shedFuse is one of the sharper tools in the shedFuse is one of the sharper tools in the shedFuse is one of the sharper tools in the shedFuse is one of the sharper tools in the shedFuse is one of the sharper tools in the shedFuse is one of the sharper tools in the shedFuse is one of the sharper tools in the shedFuse is one of the sharper tools in the shedFuse is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Fuse's Tacoma Gallery
Love the color of that Tundra!

Ok everyone, talk me into (or out of) a steel front bumper.

AAAnnnnnnd....GO!
Old 09-07-2013, 04:08 PM   #457
redsonja is one of the sharper tools in the shedredsonja is one of the sharper tools in the shedredsonja is one of the sharper tools in the shedredsonja is one of the sharper tools in the shedredsonja is one of the sharper tools in the shedredsonja is one of the sharper tools in the shedredsonja is one of the sharper tools in the shedredsonja is one of the sharper tools in the shedredsonja is one of the sharper tools in the shedredsonja is one of the sharper tools in the shedredsonja is one of the sharper tools in the shed

redsonja's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody feel like wheeling tmrw?
Old 09-07-2013, 07:00 PM   #459
Fuse's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Do it.
What bumper are you looking at getting?
Was originally looking at the AllPro APEX series, mostly for the weight. But I've been reading some less then satisfying things about the quality of the powdercoating and fitment on some, so I've started to look into the ARB lately. Just not sure about that weight with my current suspension setup (5100's and stock TRD springs).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the ARB is a decent bit heavier then the AllPro, right?

Dont want the front sag, and worried about the extra stress on my current setup. I'm mostly looking for animal protection for work, not so much winching or better approach.
Old 09-07-2013, 07:12 PM   #460
I am the one who knocks
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Any more weight on the front end will cause it to sit lower than it is right now. Arb is the heaviest bumper I know of. The arb will most likely cause it to sag the most of any.