Old 01-19-2014, 08:41 AM   #722
Old Guy...In a Kids Truck
2012sporttrd is on a distinguished road

Name: Brad
2012sporttrd's Tacoma Gallery
I run two 60 pound bags of sand .....in the winter and it helps
Old 01-19-2014, 11:29 AM   #723
LOW.LIGHT.WIDE
mrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tanner
mrbeggins's Tacoma Gallery
I have about 120lbs of gear/spare tire/highlift, shovel, and axe. I'm good haha
Old 01-19-2014, 11:50 AM   #724
Fuse is one of the sharper tools in the shedFuse is one of the sharper tools in the shedFuse is one of the sharper tools in the shedFuse is one of the sharper tools in the shedFuse is one of the sharper tools in the shedFuse is one of the sharper tools in the shedFuse is one of the sharper tools in the shedFuse is one of the sharper tools in the shedFuse is one of the sharper tools in the shedFuse is one of the sharper tools in the shedFuse is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Fuse's Tacoma Gallery
Gas detector + my field gear probably adds up to a couple hundred pounds of weight in my bed. Seems to make a little difference.

Once on location I don't keep much back there besides recovery gear, a box of survival gear, and a shovel because I simply don't have enough room for bags of sand when fully loaded heading to a location.
Old 01-19-2014, 01:33 PM   #725
Gr8Dane
Dayno is on a distinguished road

Dayno's Tacoma Gallery
Thonx
Old 01-20-2014, 01:34 PM   #726
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Truck box, Bed Slide, RTT, Bed Rack. Probably a good 300-400lbs. Even with my balding BFGs truck has been surprisingly planted this entire winter.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:09 PM   #727
City Slickin' Redneck, I wear a suit with a mullet
ChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
ChiveOn's Tacoma Gallery
I have A/T tires with the severe winter rating and I am getting a lot of traction....except when on an ice covered hill and I am trying to drive up it lol
Old 01-23-2014, 10:11 PM   #728
Fuse is one of the sharper tools in the shedFuse is one of the sharper tools in the shedFuse is one of the sharper tools in the shedFuse is one of the sharper tools in the shedFuse is one of the sharper tools in the shedFuse is one of the sharper tools in the shedFuse is one of the sharper tools in the shedFuse is one of the sharper tools in the shedFuse is one of the sharper tools in the shedFuse is one of the sharper tools in the shedFuse is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Fuse's Tacoma Gallery
I run Michelin Latitude Alpines. They've been kicking ass on the snow and ice, but I just got back from a month of working around Grand Cache and I'm glad I bailed when I did. This warm weather has those rig roads a day or two shy of complete goo. Winter tires don't handle that very well and I don't feel like putting on my BFG A/T's yet haha.
Old 01-25-2014, 04:18 PM   #729
ChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ChiveOn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuse View Post
I run Michelin Latitude Alpines. They've been kicking ass on the snow and ice, but I just got back from a month of working around Grand Cache and I'm glad I bailed when I did. This warm weather has those rig roads a day or two shy of complete goo. Winter tires don't handle that very well and I don't feel like putting on my BFG A/T's yet haha.
I use to do the tire swapping every fall and spring with my old car but when I got my truck I splurged for AT's with the Severe Winter rating so I could run one set for a few years straight.

I am loving this warm weather lately, anyone get up to some wheeling this weekend of camping?
Old 01-26-2014, 01:39 PM   #730
Fuse's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiveOn View Post
I use to do the tire swapping every fall and spring with my old car but when I got my truck I splurged for AT's with the Severe Winter rating so I could run one set for a few years straight.

I am loving this warm weather lately, anyone get up to some wheeling this weekend of camping?
I still find my A/T's lacking on ice and hard packed snow versus my winters, but they are definitely livable year round.

My winters are junk when the lease roads turn to mud during these thaws, so its a bit of a toss up.

I enjoyed the warm weather for the commute back from GP last week. Didn't even manage to wash my truck though
Old 01-27-2014, 08:42 AM   #731
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Best thing you can really do is get a set of studdable mud tires to deal with the ice/hardpack/MuckThaw.

That's what I was considering. Then stuck with dedicated winters cause I don't see much muck in the winter.

Ugh. GP to Calgary drive. How horrible. I don't miss that commute at all!
Old 01-27-2014, 11:12 AM   #732
Fuse's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
Best thing you can really do is get a set of studdable mud tires to deal with the ice/hardpack/MuckThaw.

That's what I was considering. Then stuck with dedicated winters cause I don't see much muck in the winter.

Ugh. GP to Calgary drive. How horrible. I don't miss that commute at all!
My first winter, I never saw the muck, and dedicated winters worked great. Last two winters, I've been sent off to the boonies and seen the occasional melt. I'd say my winters are still good for 99% of the time though. I just try to hit the road before the sun is up and catch everything frozen from the night...or at least a bit more solid.

And sweet jesus man, that drive is terrible. The stretch between Valleyview and Whitecourt is usually littered with Moose (both suicidal and already dead) and overturned contractor trucks haha. That stretch (along with a part of Highway 40) is literally what makes me want an ARB bumper.

I get bored on the drive, so I stop for coffee often. Then the drive takes longer. It's a viscous cycle. Have to just find something good on XM or a podcast and power through it haha.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:19 AM   #733

ChiveOn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My first winter, I never saw the muck, and dedicated winters worked great. Last two winters, I've been sent off to the boonies and seen the occasional melt. I'd say my winters are still good for 99% of the time though. I just try to hit the road before the sun is up and catch everything frozen from the night...or at least a bit more solid.

And sweet jesus man, that drive is terrible. The stretch between Valleyview and Whitecourt is usually littered with Moose (both suicidal and already dead) and overturned contractor trucks haha. That stretch (along with a part of Highway 40) is literally what makes me want an ARB bumper.

I get bored on the drive, so I stop for coffee often. Then the drive takes longer. It's a viscous cycle. Have to just find something good on XM or a podcast and power through it haha.
Sounds like my old commute to Fort McMurray I hated that drive with a passion and the idoits on the road never enhanced the driving experience.

I use to have a sirius radio but I ended up just changing channels all the time.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:38 AM   #734
Resident Jackass

You definitely trade idiots for scenery there.

Best drive was going to Wild Cat Hills. Gorgeous scenery and zero traffic!
Old 01-27-2014, 12:20 PM   #735
Fuse's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sounds like my old commute to Fort McMurray I hated that drive with a passion and the idoits on the road never enhanced the driving experience.

I use to have a sirius radio but I ended up just changing channels all the time.
I'll sometimes put on O&A for mindless comedian chatter. But you know the drive is too long when satellite music channels start to repeat their play lists haha.

Quote:
You definitely trade idiots for scenery there.

Best drive was going to Wild Cat Hills. Gorgeous scenery and zero traffic!
I did the Edson to GP drive on Highway 40 in the summer; that is absolutely stunning! It also has turns, and elevation changes! During the winter though? Its basically Russian Roulette with your truck.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:05 AM   #736

ChiveOn's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Fuse, do you live in the belt line? I think I keep seeing you.

Also I keep seeing a Red DCSB with a new OME lift and ARE or Leer cap. Also there is unicorn running around downtown, it is a lifted (I think) 2005-2011 Silver DCSB TRD OR with a cap as well. Are these guys on here?
Old 02-11-2014, 09:42 AM   #737
Fuse's Tacoma Gallery
I do, but if you think you've seen me in the last week, its probably another Tacoma. I've been up north again for about a week now. I think my HID Retrofit is probably a good way to tell if its me.

I see a lot of Tacomas in the area.
Old 02-11-2014, 02:30 PM   #738

ChiveOn's Tacoma Gallery
Fuse, is your truck black or a darker color? If it is than I have totally seen you when I walking home from work, usually around Bottle Screw Bills and or Hudsons.
Old 02-11-2014, 02:44 PM   #739
Resident Jackass

Quote:

I did the Edson to GP drive on Highway 40 in the summer; that is absolutely stunning! It also has turns, and elevation changes! During the winter though? Its basically Russian Roulette with your truck.
Yeah some of them are fun. Some of them are butt pucker fun.
Old 02-11-2014, 03:24 PM   #740
Fuse's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Fuse, is your truck black or a darker color? If it is than I have totally seen you when I walking home from work, usually around Bottle Screw Bills and or Hudsons.
Probably not me. My truck is Speedway Blue; its a fairly bright shade of blue. This is me:

Quote:
Yeah some of them are fun. Some of them are butt pucker fun.
Best drive I've done in Alberta since moving here I think. On pavement, anyway.