Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

Protests, riots in Montreal?

Old 05-23-2012, 11:41 AM   #1
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Protests, riots in Montreal?

Has anyone seen any of this or know anything about it?

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread842649/pg1
Old 05-23-2012, 11:54 AM   #2
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
They are protesting tuition increases that the provincial government is bringing in .

The government has since passed a law essentially making their protests illegal and now they are protesting that too
Old 05-23-2012, 11:57 AM   #3
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I hope it gets resolved soon , I'm going to Montreal for the F1 race in the first week of June
Old 05-23-2012, 11:58 AM   #4
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Wow, now its gone full circle. Hopefully it can be resolved without the gov. making more and more ridiculous laws.
I have yet to see anything in the US main stream news about this.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:59 AM   #5
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
Oh, a Guy Fawkes mask. Original.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:01 PM   #6
tacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
tacomalex's Tacoma Gallery
Hear about the law passed in America making it illegal to protest in the presence of secret service? Sorry about the off topic question.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:01 PM   #7

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Just read your link , AboveTopSecret , lol , I haven't been there for a while

Pretty typical tin foil spin in most of the postings on the situation
Old 05-23-2012, 12:03 PM   #8
MTL Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdMTL Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdMTL Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdMTL Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdMTL Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdMTL Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdMTL Tacoma is a splendid one to behold

MTL Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
They (college and university students) have been on strike for over 100 days. Started with tuition hikes now they are protesting about a new law the government passed which basically makes it illegal for them to protest without the proper permits or police assistance.

I've been avoiding the downtown area because there is a protest/march almost every day and night. We are prisoners in our own city.

If you ask me they are spoiled brats. The increase is equivalent to a couple hundread dollars a year. After which they will still be paying less then the rest of the country.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:05 PM   #9

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL Tacoma View Post
If you ask me they are spoiled brats. The increase is equivalent to a couple hundread dollars a year. After which they will still be paying less then the rest of the country.
This ^^

the average increase is about $275 a year
Old 05-23-2012, 12:07 PM   #10
MTL Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdMTL Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdMTL Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdMTL Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdMTL Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdMTL Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdMTL Tacoma is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I hope it gets resolved soon , I'm going to Montreal for the F1 race in the first week of June
If it doesn't, I guarantee they will make there presence felt during that weekend!!
Old 05-23-2012, 12:08 PM   #11

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If it doesn't, I guarantee they will make there presence felt during that weekend!!
That's what I'm worried about , disrupt the race to get publicity
Old 05-23-2012, 12:12 PM   #12

Quote:
Just read your link , AboveTopSecret , lol , I haven't been there for a while

Pretty typical tin foil spin in most of the postings on the situation
lol. there is a lot of tin foil being passes around there. but its also a good source (at times) to find stuff that the main stream media isnt talking about.

Quote:
This ^^

the average increase is about $275 a year
I think it is the principle of it. Then the following year they raise it another 300 and so on and so on. Where does it end?

Here I cant enroll my child into Pre-k (not that I would want to but just stating an example) unless I quilify for free lunches, section 8 housing, or food stamps.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:13 PM   #13
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That's what I'm worried about , disrupt the race to get publicity
OZ, you should get that Relentless bumper on before then... you might have to clear a path

I can't believe this hasn't even been mentioned on the US news. This is the first I've heard of it.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:18 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
I think it is the principle of it. Then the following year they raise it another 300 and so on and so on. Where does it end?

Here I cant enroll my child into Pre-k (not that I would want to but just stating an example) unless I quilify for free lunches, section 8 housing, or food stamps.
I agree. It did start off as a noble cause. They want education to be accesible aka free!

However they are losing public support due to some of the violence these protests are causing. Smashing store windows, starting fires and blocking major highways and bridges during rush hour have nothing to do with the cause. Not to mention they have physically stopped other students (not part of the movement) from attending classes.

Forgot to mention the occasinal smoke bombs and sabotage of the subway system,
Old 05-23-2012, 12:24 PM   #15

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
lol. there is a lot of tin foil being passes around there. but its also a good source (at times) to find stuff that the main stream media isnt talking about.

Agree on ATS

$275/year for 5 years is the plan , you may not be aware but tuition in Quebec is among the lowest , if not the lowest in Canada
Old 05-23-2012, 12:25 PM   #16

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
This too ^^^

if that shit happened Stateside they would be labelled " insurgents " and put away for good
Old 05-23-2012, 12:27 PM   #17

Quote:
I agree. It did start off as a noble cause. They want education to be accesible aka free!

However they are losing public support due to some of the violence these protests are causing. Smashing store windows, starting fires and blocking major highways and bridges during rush hour have nothing to do with the cause. Not to mention they have physically stopped other students (not part of the movement) from attending classes.

Mob mentality. It always happens. It will start out nice with a good cause then people will get rowdy and start destorying property. Ive never undserstood that. How does destroying local bussiness help anything?

I saw a video of the LA riots and the asians were outside their store shooting at people coming near their store!
Old 05-23-2012, 12:29 PM   #18
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
This too ^^^

if that shit happened Stateside they would be labelled " insurgents " and put away for good
No, we'd give them a park in the middle of the city to destroy err.... live in for months on end for free until the city tires of them, then politely ask them to GTFO.

Either that or pepper spray their asses and haul them away
Old 05-23-2012, 12:30 PM   #19

Quote:
Agree on ATS

$275/year for 5 years is the plan , you may not be aware but tuition in Quebec is among the lowest , if not the lowest in Canada

It costs less then 2000/semester to attend some Quebec universities
Old 05-23-2012, 12:30 PM   #20

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
No, we'd give them a park in the middle of the city to destroy err.... live in for months on end for free until the city tires of them, then politely ask them to GTFO.

Either that or pepper spray their asses and haul them away
I meant the smokebomb attacks in Montreal's subway system during rush hour