Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

Whipsaw 2012

Old 06-10-2012, 10:27 PM   #21
Toy taco
bluesteel731 will become famous soon enough
bluesteel731's Tacoma Gallery
I've check'ed out those pictures from roverlanders and to think its only going to a couple months till we head up so i dont think it'll be a problem couple months from now aside from all the raining. We could start the roster now and see how many we've got so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr97tacoma View Post
From the looks of the trail right now, im gonna say that late Aug or sept might be the best time to go this year. We've had a long winter and a late spring.

Old 06-14-2012, 05:01 PM   #22
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
I think I might be ducking out of this one after all. I'm moving September (just down the road so far), so vacation days are being saved for that. Sorry all
Old 06-19-2012, 08:06 AM   #23
CalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shayne
CalgaryRider's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys, I am going to give you a big warning, the puddles on whipsaw are VERY deceiving, check before heading through them. Getting pulled out of whipsaw is NOT fun.

may want to check out the Overland Canada forum also as many of the members live in the Princeton area and can give you updated trail reports.

I'm heading to Whipsaw with a group from Calgary late July, so I can give you a report also. Last year when we attempted it we were the first group in and were breaking trail through deep snow.

Plan for 3 days on the trail if you encounter snow, just and FYI.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:58 AM   #24
CalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ohh and one thing I forgot to mention is my avatar is actually from Whipsaw last year.

There was that much snow at the end of July on the trail, and the valley were extremely wet!

Old 06-27-2012, 01:13 PM   #25
Boost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to all

Name: Billy
Boost JuNkY's Tacoma Gallery
Thats deep! Itd be nice for vancouver nd calgary members go together but Im certain July is too early for every1 here.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:43 PM   #26
Toy taco
Thanks for the heads up, we'll also be waitin on you trip report when you guys head up later this month. I tried to contact nathan on ct4wd for some info but hasn't replied me yet.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:07 AM   #27
ToyotaLover
Smar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
Smar969905's Tacoma Gallery
i am also planning an event for august with another group. for the sake of not making people choose one event or another, do you have a weekend picked out yet?
Old 07-01-2012, 07:48 PM   #28
Toy taco
So far me and westcoast have decided August 10-12 would be best,
Old 07-02-2012, 08:01 PM   #29
westcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristen
westcoast's Tacoma Gallery
so far for sure Bluesteel and myself and a few so far from the FJ forum.

Maybe's from this thread

roots
singlefin
boostjunky?

Roots - to answer your question, stock clearance can be a bit close, but if you don;t mind hitting bottom a bit. A buddy did it last year with his offroad trailor and had no issues at all.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:26 PM   #30
Toy taco
update bump
Old 07-02-2012, 10:29 PM   #31
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
Me and a buddy are planning on doing this sometime late August. Would like to join you guys but i think first week of August might be a bit to early for us. He still needs to solid axle swap his old 4runner.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:30 PM   #32
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
I'm doing whipsaw with ct4wd this year..gonna be gnar.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:19 AM   #33
westcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Whipsaw is going to be busy! lol! When is ct4wd going? Perhaps just as well it'll be different dates - I know of 4 groups going now - at different times so far...
Old 07-03-2012, 10:23 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesteel731 View Post
Thanks for the heads up, we'll also be waitin on you trip report when you guys head up later this month. I tried to contact nathan on ct4wd for some info but hasn't replied me yet.
Shoot me the info, I have been working with Nathan on the planning for this trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast View Post
Whipsaw is going to be busy! lol! When is ct4wd going? Perhaps just as well it'll be different dates - I know of 4 groups going now - at different times so far...
CT4WD is planning on going July 20 then pushing through whipsaw and then onto Vancouver Island. My guess is that we will be on the trail the 21st to the 23rd dependent upon snow, water and the trail conditions.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:06 PM   #35
Boost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to all

Name: Billy
Boost JuNkY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast View Post
so far for sure Bluesteel and myself and a few so far from the FJ forum.

Maybe's from this thread

roots
singlefin
boostjunky?
Im still a maybe at this point, Not sure regarding the dates. Friday is also a bit tough to get off work but Im hoping I can come.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:49 PM   #36
Sombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant future

Name: Ben
Sombrio's Tacoma Gallery
When I get my real lift installed, tires, winch and some skid plates I'll do this trail.

So next summer!
Old 07-05-2012, 05:56 PM   #37
antarctican is on a distinguished road
Name: Pete
antarctican's Tacoma Gallery
I might go if I can get away. Did it late last year was a blast, only 1 casualty in the group (2 broken axles on 1 rig, ouchies) but everyone made it out alive. Camping spots will be at a premium at the Lakes.

From blue forums I saw the thread, meet in Hope on Friday as I understand it. What time & where? perhaps Timmy's?

Old 07-05-2012, 09:22 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesteel731 View Post
*****UPDATE**** JULY 2 2012

The date has been decided for August 10-12
I chose friday morning from experience in camping and having a hard time finding spots to camp as its first come first serve.
Questions and opinions are welcome to make this happen. Anyone have first aid training thats interested in coming??

Here is the roster so far

Me (bluesteel731)
westcoast
jr97tacoma
roots
singlefin
boostjunky?
Add to this meeting place Timmies in Hope off the highway at 10:30 (is there only 1?)
Old 07-05-2012, 09:31 PM   #39
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Looks like a 2.5 hour drive for me. If I am looking at the right place... I don't have a passport. I can get some guys from around here to go maybe, if its a two night camping thing.

I have never been to canada
Old 07-05-2012, 10:07 PM   #40
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Holy shit. How close is hope to whipsaw? I lived in hope for 3 months. I moved back to Calgary...it's a 9.5 hour drive from here