Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

Whipsaw 2012

Old 08-16-2012, 06:04 PM   #161
4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alan
4OYOTER's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like you guys had a fun time!! I would be interested in meeting up with you guys on the next run. I live in Marysville, WA - but would love to take a trip to Canada. Looks like Whipsaw would have been about a 4 hour commute each way for me. Are there any trails you guys do that would be closer my way?
Old 08-16-2012, 06:27 PM   #162
Toyota Dealer Technician
1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
1GR's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to 1GR
Whipsaw is a 4 hour commute for all of us. Anything closer to us, would be farther for you. The majority of our runs are near chilliwack and are usually mid morning to late afternoon.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:30 PM   #163
4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alan
4OYOTER's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds good. I will keep an eye for your next meet. Hope I will be able to join you guys!
Old 08-17-2012, 11:14 AM   #164
96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

96Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the heads up guys.

Yeah with them set to 0 Im really happy with the amount of lift. Was more than I expected and thats with the ARB bar and skid row plate on the front. Looks like even now I need bigger than 265/75/16s to fill the wheel well.. will settle of course. Did the 1/4" top plate spacer on the driver side too.. Love the stance now.

One point for me getting the 881s was to get away with not having to compress the spring for lift to allow the full travel. Very glad I didn't get the 882s. Would have been way too much.

Little dark here but you get the idea:
Old 08-17-2012, 11:17 AM   #165
96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

96Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost JuNkY View Post
The videos christine took of the rock climbs looked way better standing from the bottom of the rock rather than the top. You can appreciate the angle a little more.
Sux how vids and pics never do justice to how difficult some of the terrain was.

I will try to get your one posted up. The one of you going down it was really cool too..

Here is a pic of that rock face from below:
Old 08-17-2012, 01:26 PM   #166
Boost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to all

Name: Billy
Boost JuNkY's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks nice Reese! Yeah post up some vids! I didnt get much on my cam.
Old 08-17-2012, 01:48 PM   #167
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96Taco View Post
The videos christine took of the rock climbs looked way better standing from the bottom of the rock rather than the top. You can appreciate the angle a little more.
Sux how vids and pics never do justice to how difficult some of the terrain was.

I will try to get your one posted up. The one of you going down it was really cool too..

Here is a pic of that rock face from below:

This gives good perspective on how steep it really is. It doesn't look as bad on video. It's quite steep.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:28 AM   #168

96Taco's Tacoma Gallery
http://s663.photobucket.com/albums/u...%20All%202012/

Heres my album. If anyone wants better quality pic or video from the folder let me know.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:03 AM   #171

96Taco's Tacoma Gallery
^^^

That video is just awesome. The 720p looks really sharp.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:33 AM   #172
Toy taco
bluesteel731 will become famous soon enough
bluesteel731's Tacoma Gallery
hope you guys like it. my creativity was a little lacking
Old 08-30-2012, 11:59 AM   #175
CalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shayne
CalgaryRider's Tacoma Gallery
Great video! glad you all enjoyed the trip and looks like everyone made it through safely!

Brought back memories of when we were out their a few weeks earlier, maybe next year a double trip for me