Old 05-27-2012, 10:02 PM   #1
Toy taco
bluesteel731 will become famous soon enough
bluesteel731's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation Whipsaw 2012 UPDATED August 8 2012

*****UPDATE**** AUGUST 8 2012

meet in North van at 7:30 @ Can tire

meet in surrey 8am ish. Cheveron 10483 152st

meet in hope 10-10:30, Tim Horton's 250 Old Hope Princeton Way.

meet in princeton 12-1230, Location TBA (probably here; British Columbia 3, Princeton, BC V0X 1W0 - Cheveron)

please PM myself, westcoast, antarctican, Boost JuNkY if you have questions

Final update tomorrow
Old 05-27-2012, 10:04 PM   #2
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesteel731 View Post
Hi everyone just trying to get the ball rolling to seek further interest from others I've talked to. I'm taking the initiative to try and organize this run. Anyone with suggestions and experience, give me a PM to help me organize this. So far August seems to be favored by people I've talked to.
I am so down for this! Ive always wanted to do Whipsaw. Hopefully ill be ready by then
Old 05-29-2012, 08:31 AM   #3
Toy taco
Anyone else??
Old 05-29-2012, 07:46 PM   #5
westcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristen
westcoast's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for taking this on bluesteel!

I'm in, Whipsaw has been on my list for a while. For me I have to say August, I am away July 13 - 27th. I am flexible for anytime, I have July/august off

I have read different things about how long it is - I would be in for a one night camping route, perhaps 2 but I'd prefer one (as I might be in my own). I have never been before, so I could do some researching but perhaps hearing from someone who's been would be better.

I have another friend (not on this forum) who said he would be in as well. He went last year (with his trailer - lol!) so he has some experience on that trail.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:06 PM   #6
westcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hope you don't mind to boost interest I posted in the fj forum, and have a couple bites already.
do it all in one day or Camp at Wells Lake was the first question someone asked
Old 05-30-2012, 11:45 PM   #8
Toy taco
I'd say camp for a night.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:30 PM   #9
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast View Post
Hope you don't mind to boost interest I posted in the fj forum, and have a couple bites already.
Sups, nice to see this starting up.

I remembered your PM - I'll try my best to make this happen. I'll have to see what I can end up doing about time off - takes 6 hours from my home to Princeton, so multi-night camping would be mandatory for me.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:54 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickenmunga View Post

I remembered your PM - I'll try my best to make this happen. I'll have to see what I can end up doing about time off - takes 6 hours from my home to Princeton, so multi-night camping would be mandatory for me.

Hi Mike!! Nice to see you on here. or I should say nice to see me on here - an FJ granted access

It would be one night camping on the trail, I would guess we would leave Vancouver either a fri or saturday because of people's work. It's about 3,5 hours form vAncouver. Perhaps you could cross the border and camp it or find a little hotel the night before and join us the morning we leave? I don't trust border line ups. Dam customs agents have no respect for schedules . You could return late sunday night, you could use an interior border crossing to get home?
Old 05-31-2012, 08:55 PM   #11

Bluesteel are you coming out Sunday? We could pick 2 dates, I think if we can post out a date, or 2 if we want people will be able to plan.

I've done a bit of looking into it and have found the/a route. Start about 20 k south of Princeton, ending in Coalmont.

one truck that is in has done this 4 times, and he wants to go if he can.

As you can tell I'm excited! It better go!
Old 05-31-2012, 11:49 PM   #12
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I would guess we would leave Vancouver either a fri or saturday because of people's work. It's about 3,5 hours form vAncouver. Perhaps you could cross the border and camp it or find a little hotel the night before and join us the morning we leave?
If you do Saturday morning, I could snag a hotel and maybe meet you guys in Abbotsford or something and caravan the remainder.

Quote:
I don't trust border line ups. Dam customs agents have no respect for schedules . You could return late sunday night, you could use an interior border crossing to get home?
I have no idea what that is. I've been to BC once in '95, that's my only experience. We took the boat, predated the need for passports, and I was young enough that I didn't pay attention to anything important when it came to crossing the border.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:25 AM   #13
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Awesome! Someone should post this link in the Vancouver thread
Old 06-02-2012, 05:35 PM   #14
Toy taco
Dont think i can make it for sunday, I'll try and work around my prior engagements but otherwise we'll have to meet on a separate occasion. As for dates I'm leaning toward August 10-11 or 17-18, we could leave on a thursday afternoon and come back Saturday.

Quote:
Bluesteel are you coming out Sunday? We could pick 2 dates, I think if we can post out a date, or 2 if we want people will be able to plan.

I've done a bit of looking into it and have found the/a route. Start about 20 k south of Princeton, ending in Coalmont.

one truck that is in has done this 4 times, and he wants to go if he can.

As you can tell I'm excited! It better go!
Old 06-03-2012, 12:19 AM   #15
never summer
singlefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

singlefin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickenmunga View Post

I'm game for this...we are actually planning to head up to Whistler then Kamloops late July or August for Crankwox (10-19)...could easily hit Whipsaw heading back south.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:52 AM   #16
Toy taco
UPDATE BUMP
Old 06-10-2012, 06:51 AM   #17
never summer
singlefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

singlefin's Tacoma Gallery
Any dates firmed up yet? Either weekend should work for me.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:37 AM   #18
roots is on a distinguished road

roots's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd and interested. what kind of mods are needed to get through whipsaw?
Old 06-10-2012, 06:51 PM   #19
Toy taco
4X4, Mild lift or leveling kit and offroad tires, a winche would be a plus to be able to help
others in need.

No one has confirmed with dates yet so hopefully soon people will start chiming in.
I'm gonna say August 10-11 looks better for me. Any takers?
Old 06-10-2012, 07:10 PM   #20
Drunk Canadian

From the looks of the trail right now, im gonna say that late Aug or sept might be the best time to go this year. We've had a long winter and a late spring.