Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

Britannia/Squamish run Sunday June 24

Old 06-04-2012, 09:14 AM   #1
westcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristen
westcoast's Tacoma Gallery
Britannia/Squamish run Sunday June 24

Sunday, June 24, 10:00 am meet

Snow's gone - time to explore around Britannia/Squamish.

Britannia mine area (see how far they let us in) and perhaps others.

Please chime in if you know the trials around there!

(Exact meet place TBA)
Old 06-04-2012, 09:17 AM   #2
allaballas is on a distinguished road
Name: Adi
allaballas's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds good!
Old 06-04-2012, 10:03 AM   #3
Out fer a Rip eh Bud
VanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: DJ
VanCity4x's Tacoma Gallery
Forgot im out of town from the 18th-25th. Sorry guys, wont make it out.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:53 AM   #4
Sombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant future

Name: Ben
Sombrio's Tacoma Gallery
This works for me!
Old 06-04-2012, 11:07 AM   #5
Born yesterday
BB72 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
BB72's Tacoma Gallery
A good day of exploring would be up to the Britannia mines, and then go down to Mamquam fsr all the way to the end. I've been a long way down that road but never hit the end of it.
The Shannon creek fsr is open too, there are some nice cross ditches in there to play on.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:42 PM   #6
Sombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant future

Sombrio's Tacoma Gallery
I was bored so I decided to drive up to Mamquam this afternoon. Took the "Watershed" trail. Trail is rough in places, but 10km up there is a washout. Passable if you have a chainsaw, but not sure how far up the trail goes after the washout.

This same road leads to the Stawamus-Indian Main FSR. Not sure where either that or Mamquam Main end up. Saw lots of toyotas up there!
Old 06-05-2012, 09:18 PM   #8

Sombrio's Tacoma Gallery
Most of the trails in the Squamish area aren't too bad for bushwhacking
Old 06-05-2012, 09:54 PM   #9
westcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ERS TACOMA View Post
Forgot im out of town from the 18th-25th. Sorry guys, wont make it out.
That's too bad DJ!!

Thanks Sombio and BB72 for the ideas. Are you both coming out for this one?

Dj and I picked the area - I don't know it at all!
Old 06-06-2012, 04:25 AM   #10
VancouverTaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Cole
VancouverTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I'll be there!
Old 06-06-2012, 07:30 AM   #11
Toyota Dealer Technician
1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
1GR's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to 1GR
I'm in!
Old 06-06-2012, 10:52 AM   #12
Born yesterday
BB72's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast View Post
That's too bad DJ!!

Thanks Sombio and BB72 for the ideas. Are you both coming out for this one?

Dj and I picked the area - I don't know it at all!

Thanks, but I can't that weekend. I look forward to the story and pics, though
Old 06-10-2012, 10:09 PM   #13

Looks like a great group so far! From what I have seen in this thread -

Me,
1GR,
Sombrio,
Vancovuer taco,
allaballas
Old 06-11-2012, 12:30 AM   #14
Born yesterday
BB72's Tacoma Gallery
Gate is still open, but every time I drive by I see vehicles parked on the road..... What's up with that?
Old 06-11-2012, 05:53 PM   #15
Does anyone know what the trails are like up britannia? Any mud pits or anything? Or just trails
Old 06-11-2012, 08:36 PM   #16
Out fer a Rip eh Bud
VanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

http://bb.bc4x4.com/showthread.php?1...r-mines/page19

Think there doing some development/active logging up there. If the gates open should be fine.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:15 PM   #17

Sombrio's Tacoma Gallery
There is active logging in britannia right now M-F. The gate was open all last week and today, but I know it gets closed sporadically.

They've done alot of work up there, tearing down the old buildings etc
Old 06-13-2012, 07:09 PM   #18
I think they're trying to develop some residential housing in the future up there
Old 06-13-2012, 11:08 PM   #19
Out fer a Rip eh Bud

Well dosent look like that trail will be there for long

http://www.southbritannia.com/plan.html

Pretty huge development. Might still be able to access the trails from furry creek tho.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:45 AM   #20

Sombrio's Tacoma Gallery
"livable and sustainable Sea to Sky village for the 21st century"

Starting at $1.2m....