Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

B.C. Government Forestry Maps

Old 06-04-2012, 08:36 AM   #1
allaballas is on a distinguished road
Name: Adi
allaballas's Tacoma Gallery
B.C. Government Forestry Maps

For all you Lowermainland Guys and Gals, Here are a few good links for us back country adventurers. On this past trail run to East Stave the map I found and printed from here proved to be quite accurate and valuable.
These are for the Forest District of Chilliwack.
http://www.for.gov.bc.ca/dck/plots/

This link is full of useful info for the FSR user.
http://www.for.gov.bc.ca/dck
Check out the FSR and engineering section, under Road Safety, read the calling out procedure. Good to Know...

Hope someone can use this info...

Adi.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:14 PM   #3
Out fer a Rip eh Bud
VanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: DJ
VanCity4x's Tacoma Gallery
Those maps are pretty good. Even better, just got bc backroad map for ipad, pretty cool gives a lot of detail and can track routes with GPS.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:42 PM   #4
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanCity4x View Post
Those maps are pretty good. Even better, just got bc backroad map for ipad, pretty cool gives a lot of detail and can track routes with GPS.
Where do you get that ?
Old 08-07-2013, 06:47 PM   #5
Out fer a Rip eh Bud
VanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

For van island

http://www.backroadmapbooks.com/shop...roducts_id=229

Download app avenza PDF maps and import maps. Then get a Bluetooth GPS or works if you have ipad with 3G. Can track routes, add place marks ect. Very cool setup.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:05 PM   #6
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanCity4x View Post
For van island

http://www.backroadmapbooks.com/shop...roducts_id=229

Download app avenza PDF maps and import maps. Then get a Bluetooth GPS or works if you have ipad with 3G. Can track routes, add place marks ect. Very cool setup.
Cool man

Thanks
Old 08-20-2013, 08:52 PM   #7
Sombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant future

Name: Ben
Sombrio's Tacoma Gallery
Wonder where you got that idea from TJ....

I can say that it works extremely well. I have it on a ram mount for when I go offroad

Old 08-21-2013, 06:58 PM   #8
Out fer a Rip eh Bud

I never said it was my idea lol. It's so awesome had to share. Helped so much for whipsaw.just have to get a mount myself now.