Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

warranty question

Old 07-02-2012, 10:22 AM   #1
gibby0087 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
gibby0087's Tacoma Gallery
warranty question

hello, so i just bought myself a 2012 dbcb Tacoma trd and i already want to lift it lol. so my question is whats covered for suspension in the warranty? I've read the warranty and all i saw in there was that i cant use "non-Toyota" parts or it will void the warranty. im looking to put the blistein 5100 up front for now just to level my truck. so in my mind since my Tacoma came with blistein shocks already i would be replacing the old ones with the same product. Has anyone dealt with this issue before?
Old 07-02-2012, 12:33 PM   #2
Out fer a Rip eh Bud
VanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: DJ
VanCity4x's Tacoma Gallery
Hey, Welcome to the fourm. Im in Langley.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...-warranty.html

So if you get your suspension installed at the dealership and keep all the reciepts, as long as the suspension was not the cause of the problem being warrantied then there shouldnt be a problem.

There are a large number of guys on here with 2009-2012 tacomas with lifts an Ive never heard of problems from Toyota.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:42 PM   #3
Out fer a Rip eh Bud
VanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

If you decided not to install at the dealership, check out Dales alignment. There right behind Langley Chrysler. I get all my servicing done there. The owner has a Tacoma himself, really knowlagable about what you can and cant do. They stock and sell Blistein's there too if you dont want to deal with ordering from the states.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:51 PM   #4
thanks ya i asked the sales rep at toyota about lifting it and he just kinda said that i wouldnt be alowed to. but he didnt seem to sure. do you know if lordco sells blistein? ive been meaning to go in there on the weekend to check it out but havnt had a chance.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:49 PM   #5
Out fer a Rip eh Bud

Think they only sell monroe, dont quote me on that tho.

If you were to buy them yourself, id order from toytec.com
http://toyteclifts.com/index.php?pag...mart&Itemid=72

Check out the OME setup too. If you plan on doing some offroading they perform great. Theres tones of threads in the suspension section about which setups perform the best to what your trying to acomplish.

If you go with Billy's, give Dales a call, they should be able to hook you up. Even if you decide to order the parts online (might be cheaper) they'll still install and align it.
http://www.dalesalignment.com/index.htm
Old 07-03-2012, 09:23 AM   #6
allaballas is on a distinguished road
Name: Adi
allaballas's Tacoma Gallery
I just did Bilstein 5100's and ome springs all around on my 2010 4runner. I made sure warranty would still be intact after. Toyota said; Shocks would no longer be covered, but they're not toyota so i kind of figured that. but everything else would stay under the warranty. They asked how much lift i was doing, i said 3" and they replied that was fine, they did some calculation to figure the drive shaft angles and i would stay in the safe zone without a diff drop. The max lift to stay in the safe zone was 2.8". I contacted ARB about their claims to 3" on their springs and they said after sag they are actually more like 2.5", so i am fine.

Custom Truck, in Port kells sells billys, Cap-it in your area sell billys and ome(ARB), and Like DJ posted Dale's Alignment stock Taco Billys at there location. They did the work on my truck, and numerous other ricer vehicles of mine. I have nothing but good to say about them.
Old 07-22-2012, 12:43 AM   #7
1989supraturbo is on a distinguished road

Air Force: MSE Op CFB Comox
1989supraturbo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibby0087 View Post
thanks ya i asked the sales rep at toyota about lifting it and he just kinda said that i wouldnt be alowed to. but he didnt seem to sure. do you know if lordco sells blistein? ive been meaning to go in there on the weekend to check it out but havnt had a chance.
Your location says Maple ridge, is that where you spoke to the sales rep?
I bought my 2012 there and then my dad got a job there. The dealer here in Courtenay has a revtek (sp?) levelling kit for $650 that is covered under warranty, my dad told me that if they can offer it here then Maple Ridge should be able to offer it as well.
I can give you info to talk to him if you'd like or if you just want to go there, his name is Dave.
Old 07-22-2012, 11:00 AM   #8
lol ya your dad totally sold me my 2012 lol. ya i asked one of the other sales reps and they didnt seem to think it would be covered. i asked the service guy there and he said that any parts that get damaged wouldnt be covered if the lift caused the damage but then said that if lifted properly that its very unlikely to cause damage.
Old 07-24-2012, 04:09 PM   #9
pmo will become famous soon enoughpmo will become famous soon enough

pmo's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

These trucks should be built this way....or at least as an option. The suspension sucks...more like a car than truck