Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

Tabernac...

Old 07-08-2012, 03:58 PM   #1
DrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DrewH's Tacoma Gallery
Tabernac...

Why is it so hard to buy shit at a reasonable price here in Canada? I find parts for a decent price and it costs $300 to ship them here.

Any of you Canadians find any places in Canada with decent prices?
Old 07-08-2012, 04:06 PM   #3
DrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DrewH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
What parts ?
5100's.... Wheels.....Tires.....to start
Old 07-08-2012, 04:09 PM   #4
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
get stuff shipped to the border and go pick it up. I got my last lift shipped for 47 dollars, the place I use is called bettas services, but it's out west here, real shady but gets the job done!
Old 07-08-2012, 04:32 PM   #5
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rab89 View Post
get stuff shipped to the border and go pick it up. I got my last lift shipped for 47 dollars, the place I use is called bettas services, but it's out west here, real shady but gets the job done!
That's awesome if you live anywhere near the border
Old 07-08-2012, 04:33 PM   #6
DrewH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That's awesome if you live anywhere near the border
Yeah it would cost me an ass load in gas.
Old 07-08-2012, 04:34 PM   #7
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewH View Post
5100's.... Wheels.....Tires.....to start
You can get Toytec stuff in Canada , tires and wheels you're fucked
Old 07-08-2012, 04:39 PM   #8
DrewH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
haha.. nice. I check kijiji everyday for any wheels that might pop up but no luck so far.
Old 07-08-2012, 04:40 PM   #9
AK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
haha.. nice. I check kijiji everyday for any wheels that might pop up but no luck so far.
Go cut some maple or oak trees down and make your own, mythbusters style
Old 07-08-2012, 04:40 PM   #10
TRUCK YEAH
Saskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Saskquatch11's Tacoma Gallery
kxwheels.com

never bought from them myself, but I know a couple guys who have. good selection of wheels, tires not so much.

Quote:
my dealership carries toytec
Old 07-09-2012, 09:54 AM   #11
westcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristen
westcoast's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah it would cost me an ass load in gas.
Worth the Drive! I used "ship happens" which is literally across the border in Sumas (hour highway drive for me). I got my bumper and a bunch of other bulky things. The border guys are so used to it, they are pretty lienient. but you're in N.S. so I'm not sure what border you would have to use?

For tires though, I was going to get from Discount tire (in Blaine, WA), but after I price checked here - I got them for only $30 more per tire at a little local big O tire. Maybe you have tried, but do't overlook the little guys, they usually have more power to haggle than the large chains with huge rules. and only 15 per tire to put them on (none of that, "you have truck tires, it costs more" crap)

The little extra that I paid per tire, was less than duty I'd have to pay, and I didn't have to ditch my old tires in a hurry acros the border or haul them back.

Wheels - more expensive because of tariff and broker fees. I found NSOR was cheapest for the ones I got form American Racing. Or get them put on over the border and leave the old ones there to avoid claiming?
Old 07-09-2012, 10:03 AM   #12
TRUCK YEAH
Saskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Saskquatch11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast View Post
Worth the Drive! I used "ship happens" which is literally across the border in Sumas (hour highway drive for me). I got my bumper and a bunch of other bulky things. The border guys are so used to it, they are pretty lienient. but you're in N.S. so I'm not sure what border you would have to use?

For tires though, I was going to get from Discount tire (in Blaine, WA), but after I price checked here - I got them for only $30 more per tire at a little local Ok tire. Maybe you have tried, but do't overlook the little guys, they usually have more power to haggle than the large chains with huge rules. and only 15 per tire to put them on (none of that, "you have truck tires, it costs more" crap)

The little extra that I paid per tire, was less than duty I'd have to pay, and I didn't have to ditch my old tires in a hurry acros the border or haul them back.

Wheels - more expensive because of tariff and broker fees. I found NSOR was cheapest for the ones I got form American Racing. Or get them put on over the border and leave the old ones there to avoid claiming?
he would have to drive more than 500km just to get to the border, not really an option for those of us than aren't near the border.