August 5th Fraser Valley Run

Old 08-06-2012, 08:48 PM   #41
Toy taco
bluesteel731 will become famous soon enough
bluesteel731's Tacoma Gallery
Whipsaw??

Quote:
Originally Posted by allaballas View Post
Here are the pics my co-pilot took. The comments i added. Awesome day out, after looking at the pics i want to go out again already!
We deffinitly should do the entire loop next time! Maybe early fall when there's less dust?
http://s1160.photobucket.com/albums/...Mt%20Thurston/

No vid yet I have some editing to do!
Old 08-06-2012, 11:40 PM   #42
Sombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant future

Name: Ben
Sombrio's Tacoma Gallery
Here's my pics from the trip

http://s1145.photobucket.com/albums/...20trail%20run/
Old 08-07-2012, 08:05 AM   #43
Sunacus is on a distinguished road

Name: Sun
Sunacus's Tacoma Gallery
awesome pics guys!
Old 08-07-2012, 10:51 AM   #44
westcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristen
westcoast's Tacoma Gallery
Great day out Sunday guys. Thanks for posting all the photos! You got some great shots of the trucks. When I got mine home I realized they are mostly scenery, no trucks! oh well.

One of the most beautiful runs I've seen so far in BC! and I know it is just the surface of what's out there. At this rate, I'm going to want a weekly run soon!
Old 08-07-2012, 09:12 PM   #45
allaballas is on a distinguished road
Name: Adi
allaballas's Tacoma Gallery
Question Where did we go?

After plotting the route we took on Sunday in Garmin BaseCamp, i have come to the conclusion we did not go to Mt.Thurston....
What we did was climb up Army FSR till about a 3rd of the way up thurston, merged onto Bench FSR and skirted around both Thurston and Mt. Mercer, at an avg. elevation of 500m untill we came to Chipmunk Creek FSR. We followed Chipmunk FSR only for a short time and turned onto "unclassified motorized rec. trail" that runs parallel to a hiking path for some distance befor climbing up the side of ..........Mt. Archibald! We were nowhere near the top! We had another 700m to climb for that.
Mt. Thurston was the three peaks that were somwhat close together while we were looking South towards Baker.
The river between the two mtns. Was Chipmunk creek and the Mtns. were Mt.Laughington on the left of the creek and Mt. Mercer on the right.
So for any of you out there that care; Now you know, and knowing is half the battle!

Adi
Old 08-08-2012, 01:15 AM   #46
Sunacus is on a distinguished road

Name: Sun
Sunacus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
After plotting the route we took on Sunday in Garmin BaseCamp, i have come to the conclusion we did not go to Mt.Thurston....
What we did was climb up Army FSR till about a 3rd of the way up thurston, merged onto Bench FSR and skirted around both Thurston and Mt. Mercer, at an avg. elevation of 500m untill we came to Chipmunk Creek FSR. We followed Chipmunk FSR only for a short time and turned onto "unclassified motorized rec. trail" that runs parallel to a hiking path for some distance befor climbing up the side of ..........Mt. Archibald! We were nowhere near the top! We had another 700m to climb for that.
Mt. Thurston was the three peaks that were somwhat close together while we were looking South towards Baker.
The river between the two mtns. Was Chipmunk creek and the Mtns. were Mt.Laughington on the left of the creek and Mt. Mercer on the right.
So for any of you out there that care; Now you know, and knowing is half the battle!

Adi

Awesome to know!
Old 08-08-2012, 01:27 AM   #47
Rascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
Rascal737's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Adi
Does this mean that you guys will have to go again, but this time to Mt. Thurston????
Old 08-08-2012, 06:22 AM   #48
Yes I think it means we need to do some more exploring in that area! In BaseCamp, there are all sorts of roads up there. Roads classified as FSR, motorized rec roads and unspecified roads! Which I think means decommissioned logging road!
Old 08-08-2012, 07:53 AM   #49
Toyota Dealer Technician
1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
1GR's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to 1GR
Sad I missed this run. Had family in town and was super busy! Coffee meet soon anyone? I have a surprise!
Old 08-08-2012, 10:09 AM   #50
Out fer a Rip eh Bud
VanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: DJ
VanCity4x's Tacoma Gallery
Lift?

Quote:

Adi
Army and Bench are the first roads we took to get to the Thurston Trail, the ones I lead. We did go up Thurston, just not that high. The rest of the trail is kinda unpassable in trucks.

Heres the map of what we took. Black is going up, red is coming down.

Chipmunk FSR is to the East but we were on it for a short time as Bench turnes into it for a short while.

I dont know where Mt Archibald is but we could have gone up it as part of Thurston. We did go up Thurston FSR tho.
Attached Thumbnails
August 5th Fraser Valley Run-map1.jpg   August 5th Fraser Valley Run-chilliwack-mt-map.jpg  
Old 08-08-2012, 10:14 AM   #51
Out fer a Rip eh Bud
VanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Heres the mountains

That river is Chilliwack Lake River. Foley Lake FSR is in the Far Left direction of this picture.
Attached Thumbnails
August 5th Fraser Valley Run-mountain1.jpg   August 5th Fraser Valley Run-mountain2.jpg  
Old 08-08-2012, 10:15 AM   #52
Sombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant future

Sombrio's Tacoma Gallery
Does it involve the numbers 2,0,1 and 2?
Old 08-08-2012, 10:29 AM   #53
westcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristen
westcoast's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for looking it up Adi!
It was pretty climbing up the side, whereever it was!

Quote:

Adi
Old 08-08-2012, 12:36 PM   #54
Thanks DJ for bringing this to my attention, I buggered up a digit in my coordinates. We're both right, and wrong.
Look at this link, (see edit) does this look familiar to you, its almost exactly the same as the picture of mine you posted. You can see the degrees lat. and long. of where we were at our highest. My co-pilot took that pic just before the place we stopped for break. We are on Mt. Mercer, that bump you see in the foreground is a foothill of Thurston.
Yes Mt.Mercer and Thurston meet but not where we were. and the water in the bottom is actually Slessie Creek, Chilliwack lake is behind the mtns to the left. But yes we did actually take Mt.thurston FSR, probably so named because its the tallest peak in close vacinity.

(edit)
Ok, well my link isn't working so... copy and paste this: 49° 6'53.05"n 121°44'2.90"w into google and a bland map will pop up, clickon it then drag the gold man to the arrow. afew dots will appear, drop right beside the arrow to the left. A photo will pop up, this is the photo i was talking about. go to the bottom right corner of the pic and clic on the arrow pointin to the top left corner and move the mouse over the box that says "terrain" and click terrain, the topo will then fill half the screen.
Sorry guys this is becoming a pain, I know, next time ill keep to myself. (edit)

I appologize for my fat fingers and the mistake and cofussion, but the info was correct for that area. Just to the wrong peak for us! Perhaps we should explore that area next time.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:16 PM   #55
Toyota Dealer Technician
1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
1GR's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to 1GR
No DJ. Even better.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:04 PM   #56
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GR View Post
No DJ. Even better.

LT? and 37's?
Old 08-08-2012, 02:05 PM   #57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombrio View Post
Excuse me, But I know not what this is!
Old 08-08-2012, 02:49 PM   #58

Sombrio's Tacoma Gallery
Originally Posted by Sombrio
Excuse me, But I know not what this is!

For 1GR
Old 08-08-2012, 05:06 PM   #59
Out fer a Rip eh Bud

Quote:
Thanks DJ for bringing this to my attention, I buggered up a digit in my coordinates. We're both right, and wrong.
Look at this link, (see edit) does this look familiar to you, its almost exactly the same as the picture of mine you posted. You can see the degrees lat. and long. of where we were at our highest. My co-pilot took that pic just before the place we stopped for break. We are on Mt. Mercer, that bump you see in the foreground is a foothill of Thurston.
Yes Mt.Mercer and Thurston meet but not where we were. and the water in the bottom is actually Slessie Creek, Chilliwack lake is behind the mtns to the left. But yes we did actually take Mt.thurston FSR, probably so named because its the tallest peak in close vacinity.

(edit)
Ok, well my link isn't working so... copy and paste this: 49° 6'53.05"n 121°44'2.90"w into google and a bland map will pop up,
Yep, I agree, thats exactly where we went. That map above shows the route. Elk is to the North, Thurstons to the West and we drove on the side of Mercer. The road is Thurston FSR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GR View Post
No DJ. Even better.
If not This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombrio View Post
Then This. Spill it Scott, I want Pics.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:49 PM   #60
Boost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to all

Name: Billy
Boost JuNkY's Tacoma Gallery
Ill have to check this out tomorrow at work Scott! Lol