Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

Buying Tires in Canada

Old 08-27-2012, 05:13 PM   #3
Toyota Dealer Technician
1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
1GR's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to 1GR
Discounttiredirect.com. Most of the time, it's cheaper then what I even get with my discount being a technician.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:38 AM   #7
GO JETS GO
LMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lee
LMR's Tacoma Gallery
Just don't ship UPS or Fed Ex
Old 08-28-2012, 02:30 PM   #9
63 Tuner
TicTac is on a distinguished road

Name: Mike
TicTac's Tacoma Gallery
Costco
Old 08-28-2012, 02:41 PM   #10
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TicTac View Post
Costco
this is where I have bought my last two sets : BFG AT and Bridgestone Blizzak
Old 08-28-2012, 03:10 PM   #12
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr97tacoma View Post
Discount tire direct. Free shipping to canada.
What is the duty on tires?
Old 08-28-2012, 03:13 PM   #13
Bush Pusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower29 View Post
Bought mine at costco last time but I think they were overpriced IMO still
The Canadian dollar is just about par, even slightly stronger than the American these days. Good time to buy south of the border if you want a deal.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:43 PM   #14
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Taco View Post
What is the duty on tires?
Not sure, but they factor it before checkout. I seem to remember around $200 +/-
Old 08-28-2012, 04:25 PM   #15
Bush Pusher

Quote:
Not sure, but they factor it before checkout. I seem to remember around $200 +/-
that is a smart way for them to sell tires. A good way to buy tires now would be to go down and buy them there. If they are under 800 bucks you can roll em home duty and tax free.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:36 PM   #16
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
that is a smart way for them to sell tires. A good way to buy tires now would be to go down and buy them there. If they are under 800 bucks you can roll em home duty and tax free.
Not so sure about duty and tax free. Where did you read that?
Old 08-28-2012, 04:49 PM   #17
Bush Pusher

Quote:
Not so sure about duty and tax free. Where did you read that?
My understanding is that the duty free limits were raised a month ago or so. If you are south of the border for 48hrs your allowance is now $800. I will see if I can find a link....here is one:

http://www.dutyfreecanada.com/customs-allowances/
Old 08-28-2012, 04:54 PM   #18
Drunk Canadian

Quote:
My understanding is that the duty free limits were raised a month ago or so. If you are south of the border for 48hrs your allowance is now $800. I will see if I can find a link....here is one:

http://www.dutyfreecanada.com/customs-allowances/
Yeah but 48 hours means you need to stay there for 2 days. Thats $100+ for a hotel...
Old 08-28-2012, 05:56 PM   #19
Bush Pusher

Quote:
Yeah but 48 hours means you need to stay there for 2 days. Thats $100+ for a hotel...
Yep. I travel to the U.S. several times per year, so I would just go as it conveniences me. The way I look at it, if I am down there and save a couple hundy+ on my tires, that easily covers my hotel.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:33 PM   #20
Drunk Canadian

Quote:
Yep. I travel to the U.S. several times per year, so I would just go as it conveniences me. The way I look at it, if I am down there and save a couple hundy+ on my tires, that easily covers my hotel.
I dunno about that. I mean if your already going and have a place to stay or camp, sure. But gas plus hotel and food would be more than the $200 duty...