Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

Trail Run, sept 23.

Old 09-10-2012, 02:55 PM   #1
allaballas is on a distinguished road
Name: Adi
allaballas's Tacoma Gallery
Vancouver area, Trail Run, sept 23.UPDATED

So, was thinking maybe a few more runs here before the weather sets in for the Winter and our choices are limited.
My ideas were; Do a run down Hale creek, and maybe another run another weekend around Chilliwack. (Airtime had a trail in mind, maybe he can give some insight.)

Thoughts?

UPDATE:

Meet up at the Sasquatch Inn, 46001 Lougheed Highway, Harrison Mills, BC. at 10:30am.
That should give us plenty of time to scope out some of the offshoot roads, like the ones to Francis, Wood and Sunrise Lakes.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:11 PM   #2
04v6trd will become famous soon enough

Name: tylor
04v6trd's Tacoma Gallery
i was gonna suggest skagit valley in hope
Old 09-11-2012, 07:05 PM   #3
Sunacus is on a distinguished road

Name: Sun
Sunacus's Tacoma Gallery
I think I'm done for the year. Coffee meets, I'll try and make it to.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:17 PM   #4
Boost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to all

Name: Billy
Boost JuNkY's Tacoma Gallery
Might be down for this, hopefully more technical than FSRs?
Old 09-11-2012, 09:51 PM   #5
Let's say Hale Creek sept. 23.
It has been brought up a few times, and I have never been myself!
So who's down?
Old 09-11-2012, 10:15 PM   #6
Sombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant future

Name: Ben
Sombrio's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-12-2012, 07:25 AM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombrio View Post
Someone should come up here and save me from jeeps and lifted full sized sh*t boxes

Telkwa pass?
Looks like some nice country up there! Did you take that pic?
Old 09-12-2012, 07:44 AM   #8
Toyoda
VA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shedVA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shedVA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shedVA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shedVA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shedVA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shedVA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shedVA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shedVA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shedVA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shedVA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
VA7FQT's Tacoma Gallery
I'll go for hale on the 23!
Old 09-12-2012, 11:41 AM   #9
Boost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to all

Really nice up there! Wonder how winter wheeling is like!
Old 09-12-2012, 04:04 PM   #10
You down for this Billy?
Old 09-12-2012, 06:45 PM   #11

I think so! Did u end up exploring stave lake trails on the previous runs? Ive never been to the trails area up there. Incase anyone is interested. Hale is fun too
Old 09-12-2012, 10:17 PM   #12
Out fer a Rip eh Bud
VanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: DJ
VanCity4x's Tacoma Gallery
We did one trip to sylvester. Was pertty tame. Id like to go back and try to cross that river where the bridge was out one day.

Got the TW business cards now. Ill bring em to the next meets.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:30 PM   #13
Toyoda
VA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shedVA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shedVA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shedVA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shedVA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shedVA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shedVA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shedVA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shedVA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shedVA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shedVA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

VA7FQT's Tacoma Gallery
There isn't too much at Sylvester, unless you have a buggy. Stave is alright if you like the mud. And with Hayward empty, the lake has been pretty high lately. River beds are dry but the flats are under water.
If we go to hale, we could hit Sunrise after. It's got a neat technical section too. Ive been on a cool trail to Francis lake but I can't quite recall the turn off, I'd like to try and find it again.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:36 PM   #14
Rascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
Rascal737's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by allaballas View Post
Let's say Hale Creek sept. 23.
It has been brought up a few times, and I have never been myself!
So who's down?
I'd love to meet some you guys/gals some day, where's hale creek anyway??
would a stock tacoma be able to do it??
can't make it that day, but was just curious!
Old 09-12-2012, 11:57 PM   #15

Im not too interested in the stave mud flats, was fun b4 but too much cleaning for me. I thought there were trails on upper stave area..
Im down for hale either way. I havent been to sunrise though, how far is it from hale?
Old 09-13-2012, 09:33 AM   #16
So...so far I have confirmation from:

Me: Adi
Kyle
Billy
Kristen.

And a maybe not, maybe from Ash.

Who else?
Old 09-13-2012, 02:58 PM   #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal737 View Post
Not sure if it's stock friendly as I haven't done it myself. Halecreek is in the West Harrison area.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:03 PM   #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA7FQT View Post
There isn't too much at Sylvester, unless you have a buggy. Stave is alright if you like the mud. And with Hayward empty, the lake has been pretty high lately. River beds are dry but the flats are under water.
If we go to hale, we could hit Sunrise after. It's got a neat technical section too. Ive been on a cool trail to Francis lake but I can't quite recall the turn off, I'd like to try and find it again.
I'll see what I can find on Francis in my base camp!
Sunrise is just past Hale so that's entirely possible.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:39 PM   #19
Toyoda

VA7FQT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal737 View Post
Hale is 10-15 miles from the Sasquatch up morris valley fsr on the right. Do-able by stockers but I wouldn't recommend it unless you have a set of sliders.
As you exit hale from the north siide, the entrance to sunrise is right across the road.

There are quite a few trails as you get closer to the top of stave, but I've heard they are kinda hit and miss.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:14 PM   #20
Sombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant futureSombrio has a brilliant future

Name: Ben
Sombrio's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by allaballas View Post
Looks like some nice country up there! Did you take that pic?
No, but hope to take some of my own before the snow falls.

As for the winter wheeling, unless you have one of these, forget it: